Skip to content

Cleveland Uniforms

The Browns Board
29 12 3.0k
  • Do the Cleveland Brown's uniforms remind anyone esle of tootsie rolls? (see attached image)

    @hazratio said:

    Do the Cleveland Brown's uniforms remind anyone else of tootsie rolls? (see attached image)

    Never. But I think that's hilarious.

  • Do the Cleveland Brown's uniforms remind anyone esle of tootsie rolls? (see attached image)

    @hazratio said:

    Do the Cleveland Brown's uniforms remind anyone esle of tootsie rolls? (see attached image)

    I see. Now that you mention it, they do have the same color scheme. What the hell, it works for both entities.

    Perhaps you can suggest to Randy Lerner that he make Tootsie Rolls the official candy of the Cleveland Browns.

    However, there is also certain candy corn that has the same color scheme:

    1611033692_800040479b_m.jpg

  • @steelersaresuperbowlbound7 said:

    The team and uniformas remind me of Retarded kids trying to be competitive. It is funny to watch them eek out a win and celebrate like Super Bowl winners.

    Yep, using derogatory references to handicapped children! Stay classy Pennsyltucky trash!

  • As a Steeler fan I actually like the Browns uniform. They do not have a logo on the helmet and with that, that is original all together. The uniforms remind me of the rougher tougher days of football and an era that has passed. I like the uniforms. I do not like the Seahawy uniforms or do I like the Patricheat iniforms. I really liked the older Patriot uniforms.

  • @steelersaresuperbowlbound7 said:

    The team and uniformas remind me of Retarded kids trying to be competitive.

    Really? Please explain the specifics about that. I assume you have done some in depth study of the effect of color schemes on the performance of a sports program? Just how do different color schemes affect that performance. Are you saying that Black and yellow are conducive to success on the football field? That must be it, right?

    OH, but, wait, then how would that explain the fact that the Pittsburgh Pirates, who have the same Black and Yellow color scheme are now going on their....what is it 18th, 19th...season in a row with a losing record.

    Boy, this is a head scratcher. I really think we need to see your epistomological data on this.

    It is funny to watch them eek out a win and celebrate like Super Bowl winners.

    Well, something certainly is queer.....in the Rumpelstiltskin kind of meaning of the word.

  • @steelersaresuperbowlbound7 said:

    The team and uniformas remind me of Retarded kids trying to be competitive. It is funny to watch them eek out a win and celebrate like Super Bowl winners.

    Yep, using derogatory references to handicapped children! Stay classy Pennsyltucky trash!

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Yep, using derogatory references to handicapped children! Stay classy Pennsyltucky trash!

    He is from Canton 😉 . No actually he is from The Massillon Mental Facility .

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Yep, using derogatory references to handicapped children! Stay classy Pennsyltucky trash!

    He is from Canton 😉 . No actually he is from The Massillon Mental Facility .

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    He is from Canton 😉 . No actually he is from The Massillon Mental Facility .

    Either way, I pray to God that this cat doesn't have children, nor should he even attempt to reproduce!

  • @bunsofsteel08 said:

    He is from Canton 😉 . No actually he is from The Massillon Mental Facility .

    Either way, I pray to God that this cat doesn't have children, nor should he even attempt to reproduce!

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Either way, I pray to God that this cat doesn't have children, nor should he even attempt to reproduce!

    😆

  • From time to time I need to take my one daughter to the childrens hospital and as a construction worker we seem to do a lot of work at a school for children that are challenged. The heartbreak I see in the parents to see their children that, are not able to function to what we consider normal. Children can not be held at fault to be born with their handicaps just as no one can take credit to be born normal or above average.

    I breaks my heart to see these kids at their school to do the most simple of things but, the hours and conditioning it requires for these kids to perform them. To ever abuse these kids, use them as a punch line or anything non-flattering against them is about as low as you can get.

  • From time to time I need to take my one daughter to the childrens hospital and as a construction worker we seem to do a lot of work at a school for children that are challenged. The heartbreak I see in the parents to see their children that, are not able to function to what we consider normal. Children can not be held at fault to be born with their handicaps just as no one can take credit to be born normal or above average.

    I breaks my heart to see these kids at their school to do the most simple of things but, the hours and conditioning it requires for these kids to perform them. To ever abuse these kids, use them as a punch line or anything non-flattering against them is about as low as you can get.

    @batman said:

    From time to time I need to take my one daughter to the childrens hospital and as a construction worker we seem to do a lot of work at a school for children that are challenged. The heartbreak I see in the parents to see their children that, are not able to function to what we consider normal. Children can not be held at fault to be born with their handicaps just as no one can take credit to be born normal or above average.

    I breaks my heart to see these kids at their school to do the most simple of things but, the hours and conditioning it requires for these kids to perform them. To ever abuse these kids, use them as a punch line or anything non-flattering against them is about as low as you can get.

    Agreed... My Nephew while NOT Retarded , has a mild form of Autism. He has been called Retarded by low life ignorant people. Remember ... THERE but for the Grace of God Go I.... Good Health is a Blessing.

  • I hear you. My daughter has Downsyndrome and everything and everyday is a challenge for her. When I see the kids in the neighborhood teasing, treating her like a dog I die a thousand deaths each time, each horrible comment. I finally went to one of the kids parents and I had to tell them what would follow for them if their kid ever so much as looked at my daughter again. I wasn't cool about it and they knew I meant what I said. They were standing right there at the time when their kid started insulting my daughter. Even before I had a daughter with Downs, I always thought the people that used them as a punch line are the lowest of Gods creation.

  • Oh yeah, the Bengals have to have the worse looking uniforms and helmets. Just nasty.

  • I hear you. My daughter has Downsyndrome and everything and everyday is a challenge for her. When I see the kids in the neighborhood teasing, treating her like a dog I die a thousand deaths each time, each horrible comment. I finally went to one of the kids parents and I had to tell them what would follow for them if their kid ever so much as looked at my daughter again. I wasn't cool about it and they knew I meant what I said. They were standing right there at the time when their kid started insulting my daughter. Even before I had a daughter with Downs, I always thought the people that used them as a punch line are the lowest of Gods creation.

    @batman said:

    I hear you. My daughter has Downsyndrome and everything and everyday is a challenge for her. When I see the kids in the neighborhood teasing, treating her like a dog I die a thousand deaths each time, each horrible comment. I finally went to one of the kids parents and I had to tell them what would follow for them if their kid ever so much as looked at my daughter again. I wasn't cool about it and they knew I meant what I said. They were standing right there at the time when their kid started insulting my daughter. Even before I had a daughter with Downs, I always thought the people that used them as a punch line are the lowest of Gods creation.

    WOW... thats sad man. How could a parent allow their kid to do that ?

  • I like their uniforms, too--just can't help thinking "tootsie rolls" every time I see them (I thought they looked different than they used to, but I may just be remembering them from when I watched football on black and white television as a teenager). I think the "official candy" idea is a good one--maybe this photo will go viral and they will think of it on their own! LQTM 🙂

    I have had opportunity/reason to watch football a lot this year-- much more than usual --and I kind of enjoyed the Browns during pre-season. Their fieldgoal kicker seems like one of the best, eh? So, while they're by no means my favorite team, I kind of root for them from a distance.

    p.s. As I often read on Facebook: "Children with special needs do not have an illness. It's not contagious. They only want what we want, to be accepted." Keep that in mind and love...

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Yep, using derogatory references to handicapped children! Stay classy Pennsyltucky trash!

    He is from Canton 😉 . No actually he is from The Massillon Mental Facility .

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    He is from Canton 😉 . No actually he is from The Massillon Mental Facility .

    Where are you from? Was this just a shot in the dark or were you really aware that back in the old days the Ohio State Insane Asylum was indeed located in Massillon?

    http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~asylums/...n_oh/index.html

    massillonstatehospital2.jpg

    Quite an interesting building. I do not believe it still stands.

  • @batman said:

    I hear you. My daughter has Downsyndrome and everything and everyday is a challenge for her. When I see the kids in the neighborhood teasing, treating her like a dog I die a thousand deaths each time, each horrible comment. I finally went to one of the kids parents and I had to tell them what would follow for them if their kid ever so much as looked at my daughter again. I wasn't cool about it and they knew I meant what I said. They were standing right there at the time when their kid started insulting my daughter. Even before I had a daughter with Downs, I always thought the people that used them as a punch line are the lowest of Gods creation.

    WOW... thats sad man. How could a parent allow their kid to do that ?

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    WOW... thats sad man. How could a parent allow their kid to do that ?

    We were having a cookout at our house and their kid starts screaming in my daughters ear and I mean screaming, " your ugly, your weird, I hate you. !" My downs daughter is five and their daughter is eight and she plays with my eight year old daughter. This wasn't the first time but, her parents were never around for the other crap. I figured well, here are parents to witness this and they didn't say a word, never told her one freakin thing. There are other neighbors at our house too and we are all just sitting outside watching the fireworks but the true fireworks started when I grabbed the father. I grabbed him by his shirt and told him, if I ever hear their kid or any parents kid so much as say boo to my daughter or look at her cross-eyed I, will pick up your kid and beat you with them. I was red hot and out of control with my temper and had he even flinched or tried to down play it I would have beaten him, his wife and two kids into the ground.

    They left and actually, everyone left our house. Ten minutes later everyone came back except for the neighbor I grabbed along with his wife and kids. Dang ! I'm all fired up now !

    As another poster stated, she just wants accepted and she tries so hard to fit in but the reality of it, we can't take our eyes off her because she just doesn't understand and she doesn't even know enough to have fear that could save her life. She will walk in front, behind a moving car. She will walk off the edge of a roof if you gave her a chance. She can't speak she can't do a lot of stuff but, she is smart in her own way.

    When they told me my daughter would be born with Downs it was the end of the world for me because as a parent you want everything for your kids and good health at the top of the list. I will love her all my life but I do worry who will take care of her when I'm gone. No one could ever give her the love like parents gives a child. It took being a parent to know this. I know one thing for sure, what we consider normal and good won't allow the gates to heaven fling open as fast for when my daughter or any other challenged person would have.

    Sorry for getting off the football subject.

  • @bunsofsteel08 said:

    He is from Canton 😉 . No actually he is from The Massillon Mental Facility .

    Where are you from? Was this just a shot in the dark or were you really aware that back in the old days the Ohio State Insane Asylum was indeed located in Massillon?

    http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~asylums/...n_oh/index.html

    massillonstatehospital2.jpg

    Quite an interesting building. I do not believe it still stands.

    @the-gipper said:

    Where are you from? Was this just a shot in the dark or were you really aware that back in the old days the Ohio State Insane Asylum was indeed located in Massillon?

    http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~asylums/...n_oh/index.html

    massillonstatehospital2.jpg

    Quite an interesting building. I do not believe it still stands.

    Funny you should ask...LOL... While I was Born in Pittsburgh , My dad moved to Warren when I was 5. I grew up in Warren. So yes I had heard of the Asylum in Massillon.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Where are you from? Was this just a shot in the dark or were you really aware that back in the old days the Ohio State Insane Asylum was indeed located in Massillon?

    http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~asylums/...n_oh/index.html

    massillonstatehospital2.jpg

    Quite an interesting building. I do not believe it still stands.

    Funny you should ask...LOL... While I was Born in Pittsburgh , My dad moved to Warren when I was 5. I grew up in Warren. So yes I had heard of the Asylum in Massillon.

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    Funny you should ask...LOL... While I was Born in Pittsburgh , My dad moved to Warren when I was 5. I grew up in Warren. So yes I had heard of the Asylum in Massillon.

    I have played in many Softball Tourneys in Massillon over the Years also went to Many a WGH vs. Massillon Football games... yet have never actually Seen that Scary looking place. I s it still there ? Looks like a Haunted House Hunters Paradise.

  • @bunsofsteel08 said:

    Funny you should ask...LOL... While I was Born in Pittsburgh , My dad moved to Warren when I was 5. I grew up in Warren. So yes I had heard of the Asylum in Massillon.

    I have played in many Softball Tourneys in Massillon over the Years also went to Many a WGH vs. Massillon Football games... yet have never actually Seen that Scary looking place. I s it still there ? Looks like a Haunted House Hunters Paradise.

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    I have played in many Softball Tourneys in Massillon over the Years also went to Many a WGH vs. Massillon Football games... yet have never actually Seen that Scary looking place. I s it still there ? Looks like a Haunted House Hunters Paradise.

    I did some further looking on line. there was actually an entire complex there. I don't believe the buildings I depicted in the photo are still standing, but indeed there are still a few buildings from the complex still there, and some may in fact be in use by a private mental healthcare facility, though I am certain the methods have changed from the old days.

  • @bunsofsteel08 said:

    WOW... thats sad man. How could a parent allow their kid to do that ?

    We were having a cookout at our house and their kid starts screaming in my daughters ear and I mean screaming, " your ugly, your weird, I hate you. !" My downs daughter is five and their daughter is eight and she plays with my eight year old daughter. This wasn't the first time but, her parents were never around for the other crap. I figured well, here are parents to witness this and they didn't say a word, never told her one freakin thing. There are other neighbors at our house too and we are all just sitting outside watching the fireworks but the true fireworks started when I grabbed the father. I grabbed him by his shirt and told him, if I ever hear their kid or any parents kid so much as say boo to my daughter or look at her cross-eyed I, will pick up your kid and beat you with them. I was red hot and out of control with my temper and had he even flinched or tried to down play it I would have beaten him, his wife and two kids into the ground.

    They left and actually, everyone left our house. Ten minutes later everyone came back except for the neighbor I grabbed along with his wife and kids. Dang ! I'm all fired up now !

    As another poster stated, she just wants accepted and she tries so hard to fit in but the reality of it, we can't take our eyes off her because she just doesn't understand and she doesn't even know enough to have fear that could save her life. She will walk in front, behind a moving car. She will walk off the edge of a roof if you gave her a chance. She can't speak she can't do a lot of stuff but, she is smart in her own way.

    When they told me my daughter would be born with Downs it was the end of the world for me because as a parent you want everything for your kids and good health at the top of the list. I will love her all my life but I do worry who will take care of her when I'm gone. No one could ever give her the love like parents gives a child. It took being a parent to know this. I know one thing for sure, what we consider normal and good won't allow the gates to heaven fling open as fast for when my daughter or any other challenged person would have.

    Sorry for getting off the football subject.

    @batman said:

    We were having a cookout at our house and their kid starts screaming in my daughters ear and I mean screaming, " your ugly, your weird, I hate you. !" My downs daughter is five and their daughter is eight and she plays with my eight year old daughter. This wasn't the first time but, her parents were never around for the other crap. I figured well, here are parents to witness this and they didn't say a word, never told her one freakin thing. There are other neighbors at our house too and we are all just sitting outside watching the fireworks but the true fireworks started when I grabbed the father. I grabbed him by his shirt and told him, if I ever hear their kid or any parents kid so much as say boo to my daughter or look at her cross-eyed I, will pick up your kid and beat you with them. I was red hot and out of control with my temper and had he even flinched or tried to down play it I would have beaten him, his wife and two kids into the ground.

    They left and actually, everyone left our house. Ten minutes later everyone came back except for the neighbor I grabbed along with his wife and kids. Dang ! I'm all fired up now !

    As another poster stated, she just wants accepted and she tries so hard to fit in but the reality of it, we can't take our eyes off her because she just doesn't understand and she doesn't even know enough to have fear that could save her life. She will walk in front, behind a moving car. She will walk off the edge of a roof if you gave her a chance. She can't speak she can't do a lot of stuff but, she is smart in her own way.

    When they told me my daughter would be born with Downs it was the end of the world for me because as a parent you want everything for your kids and good health at the top of the list. I will love her all my life but I do worry who will take care of her when I'm gone. No one could ever give her the love like parents gives a child. It took being a parent to know this. I know one thing for sure, what we consider normal and good won't allow the gates to heaven fling open as fast for when my daughter or any other challenged person would have.

    Sorry for getting off the football subject.

    Sometimes getting off the football subject is the best thing that happens on these message boards.

    Though there are plenty of insensitive boobs in this world, there are many Godly and loving folk as well. Downs children are gentle and loving, the purest of souls and the angels watch over them. God bless you and your family. Your beloved daughter will teach you and those whose lives she touches more about love than you ever thought possible. Those who criticize or attack her are the poorer for it. Isn't it interesting how our definition of "friend" evolves over time? The depth of love, hope and understanding will be profoundly expressed in your lives.