Skip to content

How bout them Buckeyes

College Football Forum
24 17 5.1k
  • the bucks need to fix a few things esp special teams way to many mistakes on special teams this year and we need to improve the run game a little bit to be more balanced

  • @mark-o said:

    Looking great so far this year... Pryor has really improved...I didn't think it was possible, I wanted to make him a WR two seasons ago, shows what I know.

    We'll see. Pryor will have to improve his quarterbacking skills immensely to make it as an NFL QB- but that's down the road a ways. But if not there- not too many guys who are 6'6" can run a 4.3, and are superb athletes.

    @hoorta said:

    We'll see. Pryor will have to improve his quarterbacking skills immensely to make it as an NFL QB- but that's down the road a ways. But if not there- not too many guys who are 6'6" can run a 4.3, and are superb athletes.

    yeah, the run blocking on offense is abysmal. I think making saine a wr is a great idea. he's fast but does not have the vision to be a RB.

  • @mark-o said:

    Looking great so far this year... Pryor has really improved...I didn't think it was possible, I wanted to make him a WR two seasons ago, shows what I know.

    We'll see. Pryor will have to improve his quarterbacking skills immensely to make it as an NFL QB- but that's down the road a ways. But if not there- not too many guys who are 6'6" can run a 4.3, and are superb athletes.

    @hoorta said:

    We'll see. Pryor will have to improve his quarterbacking skills immensely to make it as an NFL QB- but that's down the road a ways. But if not there- not too many guys who are 6'6" can run a 4.3, and are superb athletes.

    I think he has made tremendous strides in his two years here . By the time he graduates he will be the #1 man coming out . Book it

  • Ok you want to see some hate...Play some SEC teams then come talk. and you can argue about the best coach.

  • @hoorta said:

    We'll see. Pryor will have to improve his quarterbacking skills immensely to make it as an NFL QB- but that's down the road a ways. But if not there- not too many guys who are 6'6" can run a 4.3, and are superb athletes.

    I think he has made tremendous strides in his two years here . By the time he graduates he will be the #1 man coming out . Book it

    @neweradawg said:

    I think he has made tremendous strides in his two years here . By the time he graduates he will be the #1 man coming out . Book it

    If you are taking money bets on that, let me be the first in line to throw money down on the table. That aint happening...

  • Buckeye Defense is tough ... Defense wins Championships (right Rich? hah)

  • I think the only 2 games that were not over in the first half was U of Miami and ILL. Other than that if you tuned in after 10 minutes into the game you missed the dominance from the beginning.

    One thing that will help out Big Ten teams in bowl games will be when Nebraska comes in and starts playing and we have a conference championship game. Until then we will still have ended our season 3 weeks before some of the other major conferences.

    Three weeks of being layed off and not being allowed to practice, hurts our conference record once bowl season begins. It is almost as if we had started a new season and they need to shake the rust off.

    If the Bucks can improve their special teams and the running game for the RB's I say we could be looking at a repeat of another undefeated season like we have enjoyed when we won it all.

    Go Bucks!!!!

  • oh geez. pryor?

    he is the most overrated player in the country

    he is big and fast and strong and not very smart and not very accurate

    i bet the raiders trade up to draft him in the first round

  • @hoorta said:

    We'll see. Pryor will have to improve his quarterbacking skills immensely to make it as an NFL QB- but that's down the road a ways. But if not there- not too many guys who are 6'6" can run a 4.3, and are superb athletes.

    yeah, the run blocking on offense is abysmal. I think making saine a wr is a great idea. he's fast but does not have the vision to be a RB.

    @buckeyebrown said:

    yeah, the run blocking on offense is abysmal. I think making saine a wr is a great idea. he's fast but does not have the vision to be a RB.

    The run blocking may not be great but Boom Herron is horrible. Has terrible vision and trys to extend to many plays. He makes the line look alot worse than they are in the running game.

  • @hoorta said:

    We'll see. Pryor will have to improve his quarterbacking skills immensely to make it as an NFL QB- but that's down the road a ways. But if not there- not too many guys who are 6'6" can run a 4.3, and are superb athletes.

    I think he has made tremendous strides in his two years here . By the time he graduates he will be the #1 man coming out . Book it

    @neweradawg said:

    I think he has made tremendous strides in his two years here . By the time he graduates he will be the #1 man coming out . Book it

    Slow release, slow reads says not. The template is Vince Young, of which he's a faster clone of. But OTOH, Keshawn Johnson. 🙂

  • I wouldn't be shocked to see a rematch of the Rose Bowl in the National Championship game this year. I haven't seen much of Ohio State this year, but I had the chance to see Oregon up close when they came to UT earlier this year. Tennessee is mediocre on its best day this season, but after a slow start they absolutely blew our doors off in the second half. UT threw one pick-six, but Oregon's other 41 points (35 in the second half) came on big plays and lots of them. At the time, I thought that it was possible that I would get to see both participants in the NC game in person this year (Alabama comes to town in a couple of weeks), but at this point, if they win out it'll be UO-OSU.

    Which should be an entertaining game--Oregon is insanely fast, especially on offense (and fun to watch so long as your team isn't playing them).

    Dennis

  • Tommorrow night will be an immense test for the Buckeyes. This team is good real good. Herron and Saine are good backs with two good backups. Pryor is a force. The D is swarming and hits hard and tackles well.

    Wisconson is 40-4 at home ....................that says a lot

    They play tough football

    National TV in prime time at night in a hostile environment against a very good team

    The Buckeyes will be tested................lets hope the ball bounces our way

  • DENARD-ROBINSON-thumb-320x295-23723.jpg

    denard-robinson-04jpg-6399aa0c7cd519fe_large.jpg

    sjw.Wester.vs_.Mcihigan.09-05-09153.jpg

    800px-Cappelletti_Heisman_Trophy.JPG

    THE-fail.jpg

    boohoo_medium.jpg

  • Tom, I think it was last year or the year before that the Buckeyes measured team speed was of the best in the nation and better than their foe. So your take is right on. This argument about the slow buckeyes is hogwash.

  • THE WISCONSIN BADGERS HAVE UPSETTED THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!

  • THE WISCONSIN BADGERS HAVE UPSETTED THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!

    @browns said:

    THE WISCONSIN BADGERS HAVE UPSETTED THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!

    Is it an upset when the losing team is terrible?

    oh well Suckeyes you can't play the MAC all year

    THE-fail.jpg

    boohoo_medium.jpg

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    It was hard to watch Pissconsin beat the Buckeyes. Losing to LSU however, was the wierdest thing ever. LSU was a pussy team.

    There is something about the Buckeyes playing high profile evening games that causes them to stiffen up and play flat. WHatever it is, Tressel needs to figure it out. Wisconsin isn't that good of a team.

    Conversely, the buckeyes bitch slapped Homo-gon last year, and would do it again. I don't think the Buckeyes schedule is going to allow them to get back to #1 or 2 without some upsets.

    Speaking of bust QBs. This guy for Michigan is HILARIOUS.................. Hiesman? LMAO. This goofy bastard can't pass for shit. He IS Cockeyed Kordell Stewart suited up and ready to go. ANYONE who makes this dub bastard throw the ball will beat Michigan.

    Bust QB's haha yeah no one thinks that about Pryor...

    The guy from Michigan is leading the nation in rushing! I don't care what position, if you are leading the nation you deserve the Heisman. Must being eating you up inside knowing he is better than Pryor....Denial

    Excuses, excuses, just accept the fact that you are a fan of the most overrated team in the nation. I guess beating a bunch of shitty MAC teams means you are the best...

  • Yawn. Remind me who has Michigan beat this year?

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    It was hard to watch Pissconsin beat the Buckeyes. Losing to LSU however, was the wierdest thing ever. LSU was a pussy team.

    There is something about the Buckeyes playing high profile evening games that causes them to stiffen up and play flat. WHatever it is, Tressel needs to figure it out. Wisconsin isn't that good of a team.

    Conversely, the buckeyes bitch slapped Homo-gon last year, and would do it again. I don't think the Buckeyes schedule is going to allow them to get back to #1 or 2 without some upsets.

    Speaking of bust QBs. This guy for Michigan is HILARIOUS.................. Hiesman? LMAO. This goofy bastard can't pass for shit. He IS Cockeyed Kordell Stewart suited up and ready to go. ANYONE who makes this dub bastard throw the ball will beat Michigan.

    Bust QB's haha yeah no one thinks that about Pryor...

    The guy from Michigan is leading the nation in rushing! I don't care what position, if you are leading the nation you deserve the Heisman. Must being eating you up inside knowing he is better than Pryor....Denial

    Excuses, excuses, just accept the fact that you are a fan of the most overrated team in the nation. I guess beating a bunch of shitty MAC teams means you are the best...

    @feartheroo said:

    The guy from Michigan is leading the nation in rushing! I don't care what position, if you are leading the nation you deserve the Heisman.

    If your team is horrible you won't win the Heisman. Cam Newton and LaMichael James are 10x better than DRob at this point. As far as comparing Pryor and him, DRob is a better runner and Pryor is a better passer. They are pretty close but if all things were equal, I would take Pryor.