Skip to content

So what do we do about the QB situation?

The Browns Board
8 7 1.3k
  • Wallace is the only one of our quarterbacks that I can see putting together a TD drive, atm.

    If Delhomme is healthy, he's a viable starting option, but he's about qualified for his Buckeye card, which doesn't help that ankle injury heal any faster.

    Colt. The 5 downs we've seen him play haven't been pretty at all. He's only been in against 3rd stringers as far as I can remember, and the game looked to be moving too fast for him.

    Do we start talking draft, now? Mallet? Luck?

  • I don't know if McCoy is the answer or not but he's played more than 5 downs in the preseason. He went 13 for 13 in the first half of the last preseason game against the Bears.

    I still wouldn't play him this year. Wallace is hopefully healthy and can play the rest of the season. Jake was clearly hurt today and was doing his best but he's just not very good. I'd hope to see Seneca the rest of the season and see how it turns out. He looked good before the injury today.

  • We are definitely in trouble. JD looked like the valedictorian from the Charlie Frye school of quarterbacking. Wallace can be a 2yr stop gap guy, but only if our goal is 7-9 each year. I don't have any confidence that Colt will ever be anything more than a Ty Detmer wannabe.............AT BEST!

    We will continue to struggle until we get a top level QB, and right now, that guy is definitely not on our roster. IDK where we find him, but damn, it needs to happen quickly.

  • Okay, so if we cut Jake today, where does that put us? I don't see it being any better.

  • Mangini said they might go sign a veteran this week to help.

    Jeff Garcia, welcome back to Cleveland.

  • I don't know if McCoy is the answer or not but he's played more than 5 downs in the preseason. He went 13 for 13 in the first half of the last preseason game against the Bears.

    I still wouldn't play him this year. Wallace is hopefully healthy and can play the rest of the season. Jake was clearly hurt today and was doing his best but he's just not very good. I'd hope to see Seneca the rest of the season and see how it turns out. He looked good before the injury today.

    @mark-o said:

    I don't know if McCoy is the answer or not but he's played more than 5 downs in the preseason. He went 13 for 13 in the first half of the last preseason game against the Bears.

    I still wouldn't play him this year. Wallace is hopefully healthy and can play the rest of the season. Jake was clearly hurt today and was doing his best but he's just not very good. I'd hope to see Seneca the rest of the season and see how it turns out. He looked good before the injury today.

    Is say give him a shot. Not sticking up for the guy but Jake was hurt.

  • Delhomme throws way to many interceptions. Wallace is calm, cool and patient in the pocket and makes good choices.i would like to see him run with the ball like Mcnabb andVick:)

  • Delhomme throws way to many interceptions. Wallace is calm, cool and patient in the pocket and makes good choices.i would like to see him run with the ball like Mcnabb andVick:)

    @brownsfan4life said:

    Delhomme throws way to many interceptions. Wallace is calm, cool and patient in the pocket and makes good choices.i would like to see him run with the ball like Mcnabb andVick:)

    Wallace can dodge sacks, but he is not where near as mobile as Vick or McNabb. Delhommes INT's were because of line blocking (DT got through untouched and the 2nd he got hit from the blind side as he threw and the ball to a SUPER bounce off of Mack's helmet.

    I say we do pick up a Vet somewhere, but we also give McCoy a shot ahead of who ever that Vet is if Delhomme or Wallace is still injured.