Skip to content

BREAKING NEWS: COLT MCCOY LIKELY TO START SUNDAY

The Browns Board
93 33 7.7k
  • @theclevelandsound said:

    What happens in the RARE event that he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs?

    Not going to happen.

    S Strato wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Homotron said:

    Not going to happen.

    You my man didnt watch any Texas games....i think yall all owe me for the bashing i took...Colt will win for you just give him a GD chance...i see your coaching staff is finally realizes this...

  • Homotron said:

    Not going to happen.

    No, not likely. I am still not so sure about him starting.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @the-gipper said:

    No, not likely. I am still not so sure about him starting.

    I think all of us are fearing this because of the trauma we went through with Brady Quinn. My optimism stems from the fact that these two guys are completely different players. Colt McCoy has won his whole life and thats all he knows, which can be a positive and negative thing. But I still have optimism.

  • Homotron said:

    Not going to happen.

    You my man didnt watch any Texas games....i think yall all owe me for the bashing i took...Colt will win for you just give him a GD chance...i see your coaching staff is finally realizes this...

    S steel88 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @strato said:

    You my man didnt watch any Texas games....i think yall all owe me for the bashing i took...Colt will win for you just give him a GD chance...i see your coaching staff is finally realizes this...

    you mean they realized it after the other QB's got hurt? Man they must be slow.

  • Homotron said:

    Not going to happen.

    You my man didnt watch any Texas games....i think yall all owe me for the bashing i took...Colt will win for you just give him a GD chance...i see your coaching staff is finally realizes this...

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @strato said:

    You my man didnt watch any Texas games....i think yall all owe me for the bashing i took...Colt will win for you just give him a GD chance...i see your coaching staff is finally realizes this...

    Or that they have no other option at this juncture that knows the offense even a little bit. Colt McCoy is going to be eaten alive. You're WR's have struggled to get separation all season. What makes you think they are going to get separation against the best defense in the league with a rookie QB?

  • P professor_g wrote on last edited by
    #33

    With a healthy Seneca and a healthy Hillis, we completely kick Steeler ASS. Without, we need a Texas miracle.

  • With a healthy Seneca and a healthy Hillis, we completely kick Steeler ASS. Without, we need a Texas miracle.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @professor_g said:

    With a healthy Seneca and a healthy Hillis, we completely kick Steeler ASS. Without, we need a Texas miracle.

    If only you were being serious.

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #35

    In my mind we have every reason to believe we are going to beat you. Last time we faced the Steelers we won 13-6, had 8 sacks, and had a tremendous game all around. Until we see how we match up, it is only fair to go off of the last result, especially in the division.

  • @professor_g said:

    With a healthy Seneca and a healthy Hillis, we completely kick Steeler ASS. Without, we need a Texas miracle.

    If only you were being serious.

    P professor_g wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Homotron said:

    If only you were being serious.

    Sadly, I'm being completely realistic. To go into Heinz field with our freshman quarterback in his first start?! I just don't see a win. I'll be happy if our defense continues to improve, and we don't look silly.

  • I'll be honest. The Browns always get up for the games against the Steelers. Anything is possible so I'm not going to come in here like i have in the last few days to get a rise and say "we're going to steam roll". Do I think there is a real chance that happens yes but any given Sunday and both teams always get up for this one. It's going to be a pretty exciting week. Ben is coming back, a fueled rivalry no matter how lopsided it's been lately. It's a good week to be a football fan.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Homotron said:

    I'll be honest. The Browns always get up for the games against the Steelers. Anything is possible so I'm not going to come in here like i have in the last few days to get a rise and say "we're going to steam roll". Do I think there is a real chance that happens yes but any given Sunday and both teams always get up for this one. It's going to be a pretty exciting week. Ben is coming back, a fueled rivalry no matter how lopsided it's been lately. It's a good week to be a football fan.

    Hey ARIZONA beats N. Orl. withan Undrafted Rookie.... ANY GIVEN SUNDAY !!! I would Hope we Learned a little from LAST SEASON. If Colt can Beat our D ...more power to him. It doesnt make me sleep any better. Jake D. would on all honesty make me sleep better.

  • In my mind we have every reason to believe we are going to beat you. Last time we faced the Steelers we won 13-6, had 8 sacks, and had a tremendous game all around. Until we see how we match up, it is only fair to go off of the last result, especially in the division.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @theclevelandsound said:

    In my mind we have every reason to believe we are going to beat you. Last time we faced the Steelers we won 13-6, had 8 sacks, and had a tremendous game all around. Until we see how we match up, it is only fair to go off of the last result, especially in the division.

    No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #39

    You watch these Browns step up to the challenge. Why, Daboll has mostly stopped always running on first down.

    Ben Rapeanythingthatmoves won't be a happy qb.

  • Homotron said:

    If only you were being serious.

    Sadly, I'm being completely realistic. To go into Heinz field with our freshman quarterback in his first start?! I just don't see a win. I'll be happy if our defense continues to improve, and we don't look silly.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @professor_g said:

    Sadly, I'm being completely realistic. To go into Heinz field with our freshman quarterback in his first start?! I just don't see a win. I'll be happy if our defense continues to improve, and we don't look silly.

    I was talking about the first portion. Wallace and a healthy Hillis, I'd wager the results are exactly the same. We won our first 4 games without much offense. We have the offense now. I know it's any given Sunday and respect must be given to this Rivalry but when it all boils down the Steelers are about to get xxxxing nasty.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    In my mind we have every reason to believe we are going to beat you. Last time we faced the Steelers we won 13-6, had 8 sacks, and had a tremendous game all around. Until we see how we match up, it is only fair to go off of the last result, especially in the division.

    No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Homotron said:

    No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference.

    Any argument is winnable against someone named Homotron.

  • Homotron said:

    No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference.

    Any argument is winnable against someone named Homotron.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Any argument is winnable against someone named Homotron.

    Good one.

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Hey Kool_aid !!! But...I DO think it will be a Battle for most of the Game...

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Zombo said:

    I'm excited for Colt. If he wins this game he'll never have to pay for a drink in Cleveland again.

    What a way to start your career!

    If he loses ... oh well, he got thrown in too early due to circumstances, he got his feet wet, etc ...

    If he wins ... this is the stuff legends are made of.

    His short, accurate game may best suit this team right now anyway. The key is to get Hillis healthy in the backfield with him.

    Max Hall wasn't even drafted and he just beat the World Champions.

    The Steelers D is a lot tougher than the Saints ... but I got a feeling we are going to knock the shit out of Roethlisberger.

    This may be the best Steeler Week ever.

    Zombo

    --Skippy, better get the Colt jerseys up for sale.

    Your post got me so pumped up.

  • @professor_g said:

    Sadly, I'm being completely realistic. To go into Heinz field with our freshman quarterback in his first start?! I just don't see a win. I'll be happy if our defense continues to improve, and we don't look silly.

    I was talking about the first portion. Wallace and a healthy Hillis, I'd wager the results are exactly the same. We won our first 4 games without much offense. We have the offense now. I know it's any given Sunday and respect must be given to this Rivalry but when it all boils down the Steelers are about to get xxxxing nasty.

    T Thomas5737 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Homotron said:

    I was talking about the first portion. Wallace and a healthy Hillis, I'd wager the results are exactly the same. We won our first 4 games without much offense. We have the offense now. I know it's any given Sunday and respect must be given to this Rivalry but when it all boils down the Steelers are about to get xxxxing nasty.

    Also you said "No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference."

    Soooo, the Steelers without certain players makes a difference but the Browns (or probably any other team) the results are the same?

    You can't have your Kate and Edith too.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #46

    hopefully colt can show us something while seneca gets well. i agree with zombo in his earlier thread.............cut delhomme. now.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Mark my words, Colt McCoy will be a Steeler killer.

    Total trap game for the Squeelers.

  • Homotron said:

    I was talking about the first portion. Wallace and a healthy Hillis, I'd wager the results are exactly the same. We won our first 4 games without much offense. We have the offense now. I know it's any given Sunday and respect must be given to this Rivalry but when it all boils down the Steelers are about to get xxxxing nasty.

    Also you said "No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference."

    Soooo, the Steelers without certain players makes a difference but the Browns (or probably any other team) the results are the same?

    You can't have your Kate and Edith too.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @thomas5737 said:

    Also you said "No Polamalu, no Aaron Smith. A hurt James Harrison. You weren't playing this defense last year. You are playing THE DEFENSE this year. Big Difference."

    Soooo, the Steelers without certain players makes a difference but the Browns (or probably any other team) the results are the same?

    You can't have your Kate and Edith too.

    My bad I didn't realize that Seneca Wallace and Hillis were comparable to Polamalu and Aaron Smith, plus a banged up Harrison. lol Oh wait they aren't.