Skip to content

Shoulder update

Barber Shop Talk
5 4 667
  • Physical therapy is coming along great, so they say.

    It's been nearly three months, and I graduated to 1 lb weights this week, doing certain exercizes

    to develop strength again. My flexibility, per my surgeon, is ahead of schedule, going great.

    I asked him about using my chainsaw, and he just grinned and shook his head. He said he bought himself

    a tiny little battery operated chainsaw, really light. He said I could get hurt using that one, too.

    The muscles around the shoulder protect the rotator cuff ligaments. He said I had a very bad tear,

    since it couldn't be torn worse than completely apart, and I have to do physical therapy with weights,

    and keep working for more motion in my shouder for another six to eight weeks. Then, he said I should be good to go.

    The worry is, to accidently have something happen where I use my arm wrong, and tear the repair.

    I still say, the next time I may ever fall again, I'm keeping my arms at my sides, and just going ahead

    and hit my head into the ground, that way all that happens is I dent the ground.

    Rotator cuff injuries take about 5-6 months to recover from, and I'm halfway there.

  • Glad to here everything is working again, The Indians will need a few good arms this spring.

  • Glad to hear things are working for you buddy. I should of done the physical therapy thing when I tore mine. Now I am a 34 year old in a 50 year old body.

  • I wish I had gone to school and become a physical therapy assistant. That's a cool job, hard but fun. It's a two year program, after the

    prerequisites....

    I graduated to a weight lifting machine today. It has about thirty settings. I'm on setting two. I think it's called the "rebuilding or wimpy" setting.... LOL

  • Ugh. I hear you. I have the hamstrings of a 50 year old. Tore em too many times. I'm finally above 20 pounds on the hamstring curls.