Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Mel Kiper on the Super Bowl

Mel Kiper on the Super Bowl

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
28 Posts 7 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • mz. ?
    • Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Tyler (Hilton, New York): Who do you think is the best team in the NFL right now? And who do you think will win the super bowl?

    SportsNation Mel Kiper: (1:44 PM ET ) That's the million dollar question!

    SportsNation Mel Kiper: (1:49 PM ET ) Just because they find ways to win, I say the Steelers. In the NFL, you have to be able to win close games and the Steelers have shown that they can finish games. The Colts are getting it together and they aren't far behind. In the NFC, the Giants are the most talented but I don't think they can overcome the Burress loss. It's not easy to put them back in the Super Bowl but it can happen. Carolina is coming up and is a threat. They are the two best teams in the NFC and they play each other this Sunday and it should be a great game.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • rich4eagle rich4eagleR One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 39 Reputation
      rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
      #2

      mz the pussy, I pretty much agree with Kiper..........although I would put Dallas and Tenn in the mix as well. USA Today ranks the Steelers number one and have the others tied for second including Tennessee and not including Indy whom they have behind the other five. I think Tenn will fail in the playoffs and the Giants as well.

      So, I say Steelers or Indy in the AFC vs Carolina or Dallas in the NFC

      Offense Wins.......Franchise QB's are the key.............Defense keeps you in the game.........Go Buckeyes
      W 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Masters ?
        • Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        ? Masters wrote on last edited by
        #3

        DAL?!?!?!?! They are still on the outside looking in for the playoffs, Wade Philips is the HC, and Romo has yet to show up in the playoffs. No way do they get there. CAR or NYG in the NFC.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • rich4eagleR rich4eagle

          mz the pussy, I pretty much agree with Kiper..........although I would put Dallas and Tenn in the mix as well. USA Today ranks the Steelers number one and have the others tied for second including Tennessee and not including Indy whom they have behind the other five. I think Tenn will fail in the playoffs and the Giants as well.

          So, I say Steelers or Indy in the AFC vs Carolina or Dallas in the NFC

          WPB Dawg Fan W
          • 1k Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @rich4eagle said:

          mz the pussy, I pretty much agree with Kiper..........although I would put Dallas and Tenn in the mix as well. USA Today ranks the Steelers number one and have the others tied for second including Tennessee and not including Indy whom they have behind the other five. I think Tenn will fail in the playoffs and the Giants as well.

          So, I say Steelers or Indy in the AFC vs Carolina or Dallas in the NFC

          Dallas may not even make it...they play Baltimore (only recent losses to Steelers and Giants, both defensive teams), and then they play @Philadelphia (on a 3 game winning streak).

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • mz. ?
            • Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            ? mz. wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I obviously hate to agree with Kiper on this one, but I too see the Steelers as the class of the AFC right now.

            BAL, sad to say, is probably the biggest threat to PIT right now, if they make the playoffs (great time to be a Browns fan...). TEN is banged up (Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth out until the playoffs and who knows if they'll be 100% when it starts), IND is banged up (Sanders and Addai are battling injuries), The contenders in the AFCE (NE, NYJ, MIA) are all decent teams but all have major flaws, and the AFCW stinks.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • JewDago J
              • 837 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              J JewDago wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @ rich: USA Today? it's the worst, most dumbed down newspaper on the planet. believing them is like thinking a michael moore documentary is factually accurate or that bush actually won florida in 2000 and ohio in 2004.

              rich4eagleR 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • J JewDago

                @ rich: USA Today? it's the worst, most dumbed down newspaper on the planet. believing them is like thinking a michael moore documentary is factually accurate or that bush actually won florida in 2000 and ohio in 2004.

                rich4eagle rich4eagleR One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 2k Posts
                • 39 Reputation
                rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by rich4eagle
                #7

                @jewdago said:

                @ rich: USA Today? it's the worst, most dumbed down newspaper on the planet. believing them is like thinking a michael moore documentary is factually accurate or that bush actually won florida in 2000 and ohio in 2004.

                I didn't say I believed USA, I just provided their ranking. I made my own position clear..........once again I think either the Steelers or Indy will emege from the AFC and Carolina or Dallas from the NFC. Now if Dallas does not make the playoffs I would Carolina is odds on favorite.

                And I do agree with mz the pussy and others about Bmore being the outside chance because of a great D. I think however, it will be real hard for a rookie QB to take them to the house

                USA is not dumbed down and Michael Moore is right on most of the time..........so you must be tuned into dumbed down politics

                Offense Wins.......Franchise QB's are the key.............Defense keeps you in the game.........Go Buckeyes
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Masters ?
                  • Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @inspecta said:

                  😆

                  I agree with that laughing. Moore gets it right about as much as the Bush administration does. It's one extream of angled propoganda vs. the other end.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 5k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Don't forget about Tampa Bay in the NFC....I know they've lost 2 straight, but Gruden is probably the 2nd best coach in the NFL (behind our buddy BB in NE).

                    AFC-wise, if Pitt gets home field, they're going to the Superbowl. I still think Indy & NE are dangerous, and wouldn't be shocked to see Tenn lose it's first game at home.

                    Karlis Missed
                    ? 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Bob806B Bob806

                      Don't forget about Tampa Bay in the NFC....I know they've lost 2 straight, but Gruden is probably the 2nd best coach in the NFL (behind our buddy BB in NE).

                      AFC-wise, if Pitt gets home field, they're going to the Superbowl. I still think Indy & NE are dangerous, and wouldn't be shocked to see Tenn lose it's first game at home.

                      mz. ?
                      • Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @bob806 said:

                      wouldn't be shocked to see Tenn lose it's first game at home.

                      TEN is a GREAT team w/ Haynesworth, very pedestrian without him. If he plays, they could go pretty far. If not, I agree with you.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • rich4eagle rich4eagleR One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 39 Reputation
                        rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by rich4eagle
                        #11

                        @inspecta said:

                        😆

                        Been around the block 500 times............Moore gets it more than nearly all....................of course we can all still claim the world is flat which was nearly uninanimous in 1490 ........and Masters would fit right in with 1490............where do you fit.........NOW or 1490?

                        Offense Wins.......Franchise QB's are the key.............Defense keeps you in the game.........Go Buckeyes
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • rich4eagle rich4eagleR One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 39 Reputation
                          rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Sorry, I have viewed some of his movies and he is usually more factual than our newspapers and TV and other news sites...........

                          Like I said I been there in the arena fighting the bulls have you????????????

                          anyway......thanks for the message thanking me for the game

                          while yu piss on my informed view about informed Moore's movies and viewpoint

                          Sumtimes............the dirt is indeed in the homeland and our great nation has been very dirty for some time now'

                          TIME TO GET BACK TO OUR ROOTS WAVING THE FLAG OF FREEDOM AND DEFENDING IT>>>>>>>>>INSTEAD OF ABUSING IT

                          Offense Wins.......Franchise QB's are the key.............Defense keeps you in the game.........Go Buckeyes
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • mz. ?
                            • Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @inspecta said:

                            he'd make a helluva marketing executive though.

                            Nah. The ad bidness, believe it or not, upholds standards.

                            ? 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • ? Guest

                              @inspecta said:

                              he'd make a helluva marketing executive though.

                              Nah. The ad bidness, believe it or not, upholds standards.

                              Masters ?
                              • Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              mz. said:

                              Nah. The ad bidness, believe it or not, upholds standards.

                              It's still about selling a product or agenda (ala the show Mad Men). Michael Moore is exactly that. There is truth to his movies, but there are also missing facts, missing quotes from his interviews, etc. Editing can always make someones quotes look a certain way. He has as much truthyness to him as Steven Colbert.

                              ? 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • rich4eagle rich4eagleR One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 2k Posts
                                • 39 Reputation
                                rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by rich4eagle
                                #15

                                You are full of crap.....if you researched what Moore does you will find his research provides a lot of factual stuff that media and our nation pushes under the rug

                                but you know everything about losing Masters keep doing your thing

                                But then again when his stuff is proven correct and my view as well........you will discount that as well and go on to another factless loser opinion................like how the economy is now strong

                                you see you pissed on Moore but never presented a single thing where he was dead ass wrong...........which again is your mo

                                Offense Wins.......Franchise QB's are the key.............Defense keeps you in the game.........Go Buckeyes
                                ? 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ? Guest

                                  mz. said:

                                  Nah. The ad bidness, believe it or not, upholds standards.

                                  It's still about selling a product or agenda (ala the show Mad Men). Michael Moore is exactly that. There is truth to his movies, but there are also missing facts, missing quotes from his interviews, etc. Editing can always make someones quotes look a certain way. He has as much truthyness to him as Steven Colbert.

                                  mz. ?
                                  • Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Masters said:

                                  It's still about selling a product or agenda (ala the show Mad Men).

                                  I understand that (I work in the business). If Moore* "fictionalizes" something, he gets called out for it. If we "fictionalize" something, we actually get in trouble.

                                  *I like Michael Moore, FWIW.

                                  ? 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ? Guest

                                    Masters said:

                                    It's still about selling a product or agenda (ala the show Mad Men).

                                    I understand that (I work in the business). If Moore* "fictionalizes" something, he gets called out for it. If we "fictionalize" something, we actually get in trouble.

                                    *I like Michael Moore, FWIW.

                                    Masters ?
                                    • Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    mz. said:

                                    I understand that (I work in the business). If Moore* "fictionalizes" something, he gets called out for it. If we "fictionalize" something, we actually get in trouble.

                                    *I like Michael Moore, FWIW.

                                    Oh, I am not saying he fictionalizing (I also work in marketing as well). What he does is angles his information to fit his agenda. Use the facts that fit. Kind of like how people can use studies to do that.

                                    ? 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • ? Guest

                                      mz. said:

                                      I understand that (I work in the business). If Moore* "fictionalizes" something, he gets called out for it. If we "fictionalize" something, we actually get in trouble.

                                      *I like Michael Moore, FWIW.

                                      Oh, I am not saying he fictionalizing (I also work in marketing as well). What he does is angles his information to fit his agenda. Use the facts that fit. Kind of like how people can use studies to do that.

                                      mz. ?
                                      • Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Masters said:

                                      What he does is angles his information to fit his agenda.

                                      Of course he does. 🙂

                                      ? 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • rich4eagleR rich4eagle

                                        You are full of crap.....if you researched what Moore does you will find his research provides a lot of factual stuff that media and our nation pushes under the rug

                                        but you know everything about losing Masters keep doing your thing

                                        But then again when his stuff is proven correct and my view as well........you will discount that as well and go on to another factless loser opinion................like how the economy is now strong

                                        you see you pissed on Moore but never presented a single thing where he was dead ass wrong...........which again is your mo

                                        Masters ?
                                        • Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @rich4eagle said:

                                        You are full of crap.....if you researched what Moore does you will find his research provides a lot of factual stuff that media and our nation pushes under the rug

                                        but you know everything about losing Masters keep doing your thing

                                        But then again when his stuff is proven correct and my view as well........you will discount that as well and go on to another factless loser opinion................like how the economy is now strong

                                        you see you pissed on Moore but never presented a single thing where he was dead ass wrong...........which again is your mo

                                        I am fully aware of Michael Moore. I have seen his movies.

                                        Would you like me to point out the numerous people he has interviewed who have shown that he didn't show half of the other things they said in his interview of them which went against what he was trying to portray of the person or their positions?

                                        I never said he doesn't present facts. Just that he only presents the facts that support his position and leaves out those that go against his. Like I just said to mz the pussy, Moore works in the way studies work. It shows truths, but they are already setup to show a point and intentionally angled to show what they want you to see.

                                        My MO to not show where wrong (like your view when proven correct)? Is that like where you talk about Thomas getting man handled by Mario Williams, yet Williams had one tackle and zero sacks? How about where I point the teams you point at success having all those high draft picks on OL? Maybe where I point out you only show up to kick the Browns and fans when they are down, but are no where to be found when they are doing well?

                                        And of course the economy is doing bad. But unlike you, I won't point only to the Bush administration for that. Seeing as how the down turn actually started under Clintons watch with the .com boom and the major housing cost/loans beginning under his. Or how it continued to get worse even under a democratically controlled congress. Though I do not leave Bush w/o fault either.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • ? Guest

                                          Masters said:

                                          What he does is angles his information to fit his agenda.

                                          Of course he does. 🙂

                                          Masters ?
                                          • Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          mz. said:

                                          Of course he does. 🙂

                                          And for that, I actually applaud him. Don't like the guy, but he is certainly good at what he does, and I'll always tip my hat to someone for that.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate