Skip to content

Biggest position of need for the Browns?

The Browns Board
67 40 7.2k
  • B Browns wrote on last edited by Browns
    #5

    In your mock draft you think we should draft Andrew Luck out of Stanford. I know that was made before the game today. I don't think we need a QB.

    If we could get Green or Peterson I would be happy with that

  • In your mock draft you think we should draft Andrew Luck out of Stanford. I know that was made before the game today. I don't think we need a QB.

    If we could get Green or Peterson I would be happy with that

    A allnfldraft wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @browns said:

    In your mock draft you think we should draft Andrew Luck out of Stanford. I know that was made before the game today. I don't think we need a QB.

    If we could get Green or Peterson I would be happy with that

    Yeah, made before today so a little premature to have not seen McCoy.

    I'm really surprised on how he played all things considered in that game. A top wideout or a top DB could really help if McCoy plays well throughout the year

  • B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #7

    AJ Green would be a great choice. Dont forget about Baldwin from Pitt, as well. I hate Pitt but that kid is a player.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by ATENEARS
    #8

    I have never seen an NFL team so depleted at the WR position, how any of you can even mention another position is beyond me. We don't need 'a' WR, we need an entire WR fleet.

    Sure, Wright needs replaced ... ummm, by Haden.

  • AJ Green would be a great choice. Dont forget about Baldwin from Pitt, as well. I hate Pitt but that kid is a player.

    A allnfldraft wrote on last edited by allnfldraft
    #9

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    AJ Green would be a great choice. Dont forget about Baldwin from Pitt, as well. I hate Pitt but that kid is a player.

    Not a Pitt fan myself either. It's just, I think Baldwin is just a little too big to be a primary #1 like Green. He's got an inch or two and and maybe 15-20 pounds on him?

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina is a good prospect to watch and Greg Childs of Arkansas is another. I flipped through channels watching both simutaneously yesterday and would take either right now in place of every WR we have on our roster (combined).

  • Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina is a good prospect to watch and Greg Childs of Arkansas is another. I flipped through channels watching both simutaneously yesterday and would take either right now in place of every WR we have on our roster (combined).

    A allnfldraft wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @atenears said:

    Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina is a good prospect to watch and Greg Childs of Arkansas is another. I flipped through channels watching both simutaneously yesterday and would take either right now in place of every WR we have on our roster (combined).

    Yeah I like Childs. I think he is a little bit underrated but he has been a real staple in that offense

  • Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina is a good prospect to watch and Greg Childs of Arkansas is another. I flipped through channels watching both simutaneously yesterday and would take either right now in place of every WR we have on our roster (combined).

    B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @atenears said:

    Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina is a good prospect to watch and Greg Childs of Arkansas is another. I flipped through channels watching both simutaneously yesterday and would take either right now in place of every WR we have on our roster (combined).

    Alshon is a sophomore I think, he won't come out.

    I think childs is a junior or senior not sure. He might come out.

    Childs please. 😉

  • @atenears said:

    Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina is a good prospect to watch and Greg Childs of Arkansas is another. I flipped through channels watching both simutaneously yesterday and would take either right now in place of every WR we have on our roster (combined).

    Alshon is a sophomore I think, he won't come out.

    I think childs is a junior or senior not sure. He might come out.

    Childs please. 😉

    A allnfldraft wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @browns said:

    Alshon is a sophomore I think, he won't come out.

    I think childs is a junior or senior not sure. He might come out.

    Childs please. 😉

    Yeah Jeffery is a sophomore.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Robo plays like he wants to stay very healthy until he's a FA and can sign with his Dad's team. I don't get it - he has no fire.

  • P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #15

    WR, WR, WR,WR,and WR

    I would love to see the Browns take a shot at Hankerson especially if he drops to the third like some sites have him.

  • Robo plays like he wants to stay very healthy until he's a FA and can sign with his Dad's team. I don't get it - he has no fire.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @calfoxwc said:

    Robo plays like he wants to stay very healthy until he's a FA and can sign with his Dad's team. I don't get it - he has no fire.

    i really didn't understand why we drafted him to begin with. never considered him that good as a buckeye (IMO). i liked the momass draft but he hasn't progressed as expected. WR is a must pick in next year's draft, but when we pick him is my question. would it be our first pick and go after the number one prospect or do a mangini and trade down for more picks.

    even if mccoy pans out do you pass on one of these guys that everyone says is the next manning or rivers?

    we still have so many positional needs that i feel we'll be having this same discussion at the same time next year.

  • WR, WR, WR,WR,and WR

    I would love to see the Browns take a shot at Hankerson especially if he drops to the third like some sites have him.

    A allnfldraft wrote on last edited by allnfldraft
    #17

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    WR, WR, WR,WR,and WR

    I would love to see the Browns take a shot at Hankerson especially if he drops to the third like some sites have him.

    Hankerson can flat out play... he currently has 20 straight games with at least 1 reception.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Robo plays like he wants to stay very healthy until he's a FA and can sign with his Dad's team. I don't get it - he has no fire.

    i really didn't understand why we drafted him to begin with. never considered him that good as a buckeye (IMO). i liked the momass draft but he hasn't progressed as expected. WR is a must pick in next year's draft, but when we pick him is my question. would it be our first pick and go after the number one prospect or do a mangini and trade down for more picks.

    even if mccoy pans out do you pass on one of these guys that everyone says is the next manning or rivers?

    we still have so many positional needs that i feel we'll be having this same discussion at the same time next year.

    D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @miktoxic said:

    i really didn't understand why we drafted him to begin with. never considered him that good as a buckeye (IMO). i4

    I wasn't happy with the pick I considered him a zone buster receiver in college, didn't work against press coverage much

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #19

    WR

    AJ Green or Julio Jones.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Robo plays like he wants to stay very healthy until he's a FA and can sign with his Dad's team. I don't get it - he has no fire.

    i really didn't understand why we drafted him to begin with. never considered him that good as a buckeye (IMO). i liked the momass draft but he hasn't progressed as expected. WR is a must pick in next year's draft, but when we pick him is my question. would it be our first pick and go after the number one prospect or do a mangini and trade down for more picks.

    even if mccoy pans out do you pass on one of these guys that everyone says is the next manning or rivers?

    we still have so many positional needs that i feel we'll be having this same discussion at the same time next year.

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @miktoxic said:

    even if mccoy pans out do you pass on one of these guys that everyone says is the next manning or rivers?

    Yep, you pass on them. We hear this nearly every year and only a couple pan out to be decent. After seeing McCoy today, I'll take my chances with him.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #21

    WR, WR, WR. When Colt is running out of the pocket, a Marques Colston would come in handy.

  • V vdogrowz wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Our biggest need by far is QB. With a decent QB Josh Cribbs and Mo Mass will look much more like the good, young developing receivers that they are.

  • djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I think the BIGGEST need for this team is WR without question. Mo Mass is #2 at best right now. We need a guy that can demand double coverage, which can create opportunities to throw to the other WRs. We don't have that homerun hitter on our roster right now. I still don't understand where in the Hell the Browns were in the offseason when Marshall, and Boldin were available? Also, why not Vincent Jackson, or even Housch??? Look, I realize we're trying to build a team with smarts, and good character guys, and that's fine, however; we need that big WR.

    Secondly, we need another corner to compliment Haden. Eric Wright is a bum, and needs to be off of this football team! This guy does nothing but give up the big play every time.

    I say, take care of these 2 positions, and you will see MAJOR improvement! I will say this, despite our record, there is a difference from last year. This team is playing hard, and has been in position to win, whereas last year, we were usually out of the game before halftime. I liked what I saw from McCoy yesterday. It appears that we are not going anywhere this year, so let's let him develop, and who knows, maybe we limp to 6-10, and 7-9 and at least it will be exciting to watch this kid grow. That is what I'm looking forward to the rest of this season. If there is something positive to focus on Browns fans, this has to be it. Let's let this QB carousel in this town finally be put to rest! I have a good feeling about this kid.

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #24

    The secondary is terrible!!! They can't cover they cant tackle the just look confused.