Skip to content

Biggest position of need for the Browns?

The Browns Board
67 40 7.2k
  • Defensive backs?

    Maybe quarterback? I think Colt showed some promise and upside during the game today, so it will obviously be bobbled on the hands of Colt McCoy and how he improves (hopefully) over the course of the season. If McCoy flops on the year I think a guy like Ryan Mallet would really bring the Browns back.

    But, if McCoy does well this year, I think the Browns could pick up a guy like Pat Peterson or Amukamara.

    Thoughts? Visit My Website

    rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @allnfldraft said:

    Defensive backs?

    Maybe quarterback? I think Colt showed some promise and upside during the game today, so it will obviously be bobbled on the hands of Colt McCoy and how he improves (hopefully) over the course of the season. If McCoy flops on the year I think a guy like Ryan Mallet would really bring the Browns back.

    But, if McCoy does well this year, I think the Browns could pick up a guy like Pat Peterson or Amukamara.

    Thoughts? Visit My Website

    anyone who touches the ball besides Colt McCoy

  • Defensive backs?

    Maybe quarterback? I think Colt showed some promise and upside during the game today, so it will obviously be bobbled on the hands of Colt McCoy and how he improves (hopefully) over the course of the season. If McCoy flops on the year I think a guy like Ryan Mallet would really bring the Browns back.

    But, if McCoy does well this year, I think the Browns could pick up a guy like Pat Peterson or Amukamara.

    Thoughts? Visit My Website

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @allnfldraft said:

    Defensive backs?

    Maybe quarterback? I think Colt showed some promise and upside during the game today, so it will obviously be bobbled on the hands of Colt McCoy and how he improves (hopefully) over the course of the season. If McCoy flops on the year I think a guy like Ryan Mallet would really bring the Browns back.

    But, if McCoy does well this year, I think the Browns could pick up a guy like Pat Peterson or Amukamara.

    Thoughts? Visit My Website

    Amakamara would certainly be an interesting pick as that would then make it two years in a row that the Browns would select a Cornerback. It may not be their best move, given the roster needs....but it may not be their worst either.

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Jonathan Baldwin has that insane size/speed combo with GREAT hands and a crazy verticle, just needs to run routes better

    He's 6'5 225 with a 4.4 40yd and like a 42inch verticle

    and he can CATCH

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    WR,QB,RB,S,CB,DE,too many holes to fill.To make a trade for one player at this point is pointless,unless your gettimg draft picks.

  • All that being said, I think we need a monster pass rusher. We just don't have one. Our DBs would probably improve if we had someone that could get to the QB.

    Sure, we need a WR, and another DB and a LB and maybe even a Right Tackle, but we definitely need that pass rush.

    cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @the-gipper said:

    All that being said, I think we need a monster pass rusher. We just don't have one. Our DBs would probably improve if we had someone that could get to the QB.

    Sure, we need a WR, and another DB and a LB and maybe even a Right Tackle, but we definitely need that pass rush.

    I totally agree. I do think WR should be our #1 priority for sure, but if AJ Green is gone, i dont want to reach for a typically drama queen filled position, get a 2 rounder so the ego doesnt become AS big of a problem..

    I watched the game Sunday adn then rewatched the highlights several times and one of teh main things I noticed was Colt consistantly getting sacked/hurried and Ben getting the ball away right before he got hit, even when we were blitzing like 7 guys. This is for 2 main reasons I think: 1. Steelers have better receivers that get open faster and 2. they had better pass rushers who got to Colt even just a split second before our guys would get to Ben... we were so close so many times, but getting a stud pass rusher would draw double teams/ attention away from a Benard or Roth or whoever and we could actually get some pressure on the QB and give Rob Ryan a wet dream...better pass rushers=better DBs as well...

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #35

    This weekend proved that we do not need a QB. We do, however, need WR help - and given whatever they do with Rogers' bulging contract next year, DL.

    I would be very happy with Marcel Dareus (DL) from Alabama or Baldwin (WR) from Pitt, whichever one is on the board when the Browns pick. If both are gone, then either of the CB's from LSU or Nebraska would look great in orange.

  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Biggest position of need for the Browns?

    Defensive LinemEn...Defensive BackS

  • H hillis4prez420 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    WR...by a million miles. If we have a legit deep threat, our other receivers will look a lot better than they are. If Hardesty ever gets healthy, I think our RB position is set. We do need J.J. Watt. I love that kid. Big ole' hands and he's fast, I just don't know if he has the size, though he is like 6'4 290. DB wouldn't hurt either.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Offensive coordinator and a matching WR...

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Here we are 11 years into not being able to score and not a single playoff victory and a team devoid of WR's and running on a half cylinder at RB and dependent on a rookie at QB..........

    and still folks say the glaring need is defensive personnel..........OH MY

    indeed baffling

  • Here we are 11 years into not being able to score and not a single playoff victory and a team devoid of WR's and running on a half cylinder at RB and dependent on a rookie at QB..........

    and still folks say the glaring need is defensive personnel..........OH MY

    indeed baffling

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @rich4eagle said:

    Here we are 11 years into not being able to score and not a single playoff victory and a team devoid of WR's and running on a half cylinder at RB and dependent on a rookie at QB..........

    and still folks say the glaring need is defensive personnel..........OH MY

    indeed baffling

    There is a glaring need for a variety of positions, offense and defense....but there IS potential at the QB and RB positions. Those guys have merely to develop properly. (Or are you suggesting we bring in high priced free agent veterans at those spots?) There IS no potential at the DL/OLB pass rusher spot. We need to draft some potential there.

  • OrangeHelmet-UKO OrangeHelmet-UK wrote on last edited by
    #41

    A big, Fast , Tall WR.......with good hands .....please

  • B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    mikeyP72 said:

    I think the Carolina Panthers feel our pain and I think they are competition for the #1 WR in the draft. If we're going to be serious about this and want AJ Green or whomever we deem the top wideout to be....

    We need to keep losing and not win ourselves out of a draft pick again. Our 4 game winning streak at the end of last year was great for motivation but it killed our chances at Berry.... If we had Berry and Ward, that bum Elam would never see the facking field ever again.

    if that happened we would have berry, but no haden 🤔

  • mikeyP72 said:

    I think the Carolina Panthers feel our pain and I think they are competition for the #1 WR in the draft. If we're going to be serious about this and want AJ Green or whomever we deem the top wideout to be....

    We need to keep losing and not win ourselves out of a draft pick again. Our 4 game winning streak at the end of last year was great for motivation but it killed our chances at Berry.... If we had Berry and Ward, that bum Elam would never see the facking field ever again.

    if that happened we would have berry, but no haden 🤔

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    if that happened we would have berry, but no haden 🤔

    We didn't get the shot at Berry, but we did have one at Earl Thomas, who is doing fantastic this year and in my opinion is doing better than Berry.

  • Defensive backs?

    Maybe quarterback? I think Colt showed some promise and upside during the game today, so it will obviously be bobbled on the hands of Colt McCoy and how he improves (hopefully) over the course of the season. If McCoy flops on the year I think a guy like Ryan Mallet would really bring the Browns back.

    But, if McCoy does well this year, I think the Browns could pick up a guy like Pat Peterson or Amukamara.

    Thoughts? Visit My Website

    G gmp wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @allnfldraft said:

    Defensive backs?

    Maybe quarterback? I think Colt showed some promise and upside during the game today, so it will obviously be bobbled on the hands of Colt McCoy and how he improves (hopefully) over the course of the season. If McCoy flops on the year I think a guy like Ryan Mallet would really bring the Browns back.

    But, if McCoy does well this year, I think the Browns could pick up a guy like Pat Peterson or Amukamara.

    Thoughts? Visit My Website

    Well,

    QB, WR, RB, TE, DB, LB, SPec Teams, is a good start.........

    Keep Dawson...

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #45

    A smart owner 😛 Bazong !!!!!

  • C colt.12 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Pretty much anyone on defense pattrick peterson would be great, and on offense definately some wide receivers

  • This weekend proved that we do not need a QB. We do, however, need WR help - and given whatever they do with Rogers' bulging contract next year, DL.

    I would be very happy with Marcel Dareus (DL) from Alabama or Baldwin (WR) from Pitt, whichever one is on the board when the Browns pick. If both are gone, then either of the CB's from LSU or Nebraska would look great in orange.

    A allnfldraft wrote on last edited by allnfldraft
    #47

    @unsympathetic said:

    This weekend proved that we do not need a QB.

    Can't just base it off of one weekend in October...

    but I agree that other positions do need to be addressed. I would say secondary more so than wide-outs though...I know the injury depletion at WR sucks now. Robiskie is a long shot. If Green is off the board when the Browns pick and Peterson/Amukamara are available - I don't see how they wouldn't pull the trigger...

    then julio jones and baldwin would be the other two best wide-out options

  • A allnfldraft wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @junkyard-dawg said:

    WR's are a dime a dozen with a good QB(ask Tom Brady and Peyton Manning). If it isn't QB in the first go defense(the side of the ball that wins championships).

    QB

    DE

    OLB

    ILB

    FS

    CB

    Take your pick. Grab a WR or two in rounds 2-5 and free agency. Just my opinion on it.

    This years draft if loaded @ DE. Unless there's a run for the first 6 or so, there's a good chance a good one will be available top the second

  • @unsympathetic said:

    This weekend proved that we do not need a QB.

    Can't just base it off of one weekend in October...

    but I agree that other positions do need to be addressed. I would say secondary more so than wide-outs though...I know the injury depletion at WR sucks now. Robiskie is a long shot. If Green is off the board when the Browns pick and Peterson/Amukamara are available - I don't see how they wouldn't pull the trigger...

    then julio jones and baldwin would be the other two best wide-out options

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @allnfldraft said:

    Can't just base it off of one weekend in October...

    but I agree that other positions do need to be addressed. I would say secondary more so than wide-outs though...I know the injury depletion at WR sucks now. Robiskie is a long shot. If Green is off the board when the Browns pick and Peterson/Amukamara are available - I don't see how they wouldn't pull the trigger...

    then julio jones and baldwin would be the other two best wide-out options

    Do you really think we would take a CB two years in a row? D-line is the most glaring need, the times the secondary have gotten beat deep its been when we send an all out blitz and dont get to the quarterback. We need impact D-lineman bad, Shaffering, Coleman, Rubin, Robinson all serviceable in certain situations, none spectacular in one area and none great in all areas. We need a complete player that can do everything well with an emphasis on pass rush. DL first round, LB 2nd round. Im not giving up on our young nucleus on offense,I think they'll jell with more experience together.