Skip to content

Game Notes vs. Pittsburgh

The Browns Board
32 14 3.7k
  • I agree that both the refs did not call helmet to helmets on either team, but only because the stoolers got the best of it and i also agree colt has not only matured and should start, but could also be this clubs future..he has many raw tools including a good arm, but better judgement than jake and more balls than wallace and should be allowed to start and develop his skills, hats off to colt good job rookie!

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    I had positives and negatives in my post for a reason. Trust me, I am not happy.

    You are right, we should have been flagged as well. Bad officiating on both sides.

    The Harrison hits were legal. I wouldn't bet on a suspension.

    Homotron said:

    The Harrison hits were legal. I wouldn't bet on a suspension.

    Never did I say a suspension. But I can guarantee a fine. I have sources you don't. Not bragging by any means but my good friends dad is the head of NFL officiating. Just telling you there will be a fine handed out to Harrison and possibly the Browns player who hit your RB.

  • -Before this game, I always blew it off when people told me the refs throw the game for the Steelers. All that conspiracy blah blah blah is bullshit. But this game gave me a second thought. James Harrison, who I met before and is a really nice guy, knocked both Josh Cribbs and MoMass out of the game with helmet to helmet hits. Not only was this bad playing from Harrison but it was horrible officiating. Fines will be handed out, I promise you that. But to call an offensive penalty when our WR just got nailed in the head by the defense? Really? Totally uncalled for. Who knows what the outcome of the game would be if Josh would have been in the entire game.

    That is all.

    The hit on Cribbs was a cheap shot, as he torpedoed into him, his arms not even looking to wrap up. The hit on Massaquoi wasn't a blatant dirty hit, but pretty damn close.

    I'm pretty sure the NFL will fine the dipshit, but I would rather have our main playmaker in the game, and the 15 yards.

    I could go on and on about the refs & Pittsburgh- but I will take the high road for now. We got beat, plain & simple.

  • Homotron said:

    The Harrison hits were legal. I wouldn't bet on a suspension.

    Never did I say a suspension. But I can guarantee a fine. I have sources you don't. Not bragging by any means but my good friends dad is the head of NFL officiating. Just telling you there will be a fine handed out to Harrison and possibly the Browns player who hit your RB.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Never did I say a suspension. But I can guarantee a fine. I have sources you don't. Not bragging by any means but my good friends dad is the head of NFL officiating. Just telling you there will be a fine handed out to Harrison and possibly the Browns player who hit your RB.

    I meant a fine not a suspension. Don't bet on a fine. Also how do you know if I have sources or not?

  • -Before this game, I always blew it off when people told me the refs throw the game for the Steelers. All that conspiracy blah blah blah is bullshit. But this game gave me a second thought. James Harrison, who I met before and is a really nice guy, knocked both Josh Cribbs and MoMass out of the game with helmet to helmet hits. Not only was this bad playing from Harrison but it was horrible officiating. Fines will be handed out, I promise you that. But to call an offensive penalty when our WR just got nailed in the head by the defense? Really? Totally uncalled for. Who knows what the outcome of the game would be if Josh would have been in the entire game.

    That is all.

    The hit on Cribbs was a cheap shot, as he torpedoed into him, his arms not even looking to wrap up. The hit on Massaquoi wasn't a blatant dirty hit, but pretty damn close.

    I'm pretty sure the NFL will fine the dipshit, but I would rather have our main playmaker in the game, and the 15 yards.

    I could go on and on about the refs & Pittsburgh- but I will take the high road for now. We got beat, plain & simple.

    @bob806 said:

    -Before this game, I always blew it off when people told me the refs throw the game for the Steelers. All that conspiracy blah blah blah is bullshit. But this game gave me a second thought. James Harrison, who I met before and is a really nice guy, knocked both Josh Cribbs and MoMass out of the game with helmet to helmet hits. Not only was this bad playing from Harrison but it was horrible officiating. Fines will be handed out, I promise you that. But to call an offensive penalty when our WR just got nailed in the head by the defense? Really? Totally uncalled for. Who knows what the outcome of the game would be if Josh would have been in the entire game.

    That is all.

    The hit on Cribbs was a cheap shot, as he torpedoed into him, his arms not even looking to wrap up. The hit on Massaquoi wasn't a blatant dirty hit, but pretty damn close.

    I'm pretty sure the NFL will fine the dipshit, but I would rather have our main playmaker in the game, and the 15 yards.

    I could go on and on about the refs & Pittsburgh- but I will take the high road for now. We got beat, plain & simple.

    Harrison is always going for the ball to knock it loose. Cribbs wasn't to the ground and Harrison came in to knock the ball loose. You'll be crying about this all week. Don't bet on a fine.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Never did I say a suspension. But I can guarantee a fine. I have sources you don't. Not bragging by any means but my good friends dad is the head of NFL officiating. Just telling you there will be a fine handed out to Harrison and possibly the Browns player who hit your RB.

    I meant a fine not a suspension. Don't bet on a fine. Also how do you know if I have sources or not?

    Homotron said:

    I meant a fine not a suspension. Don't bet on a fine. Also how do you know if I have sources or not?

    I don't. But odds are you don't. If Marcus Bernard got fines $5,000 last week for hitting Matt Ryan right when the pass was thrown, Harrison will be fined for helmet to helmet. Thats logic for you. But I am willing to bet the shirt off my back Harrison will be fined. And when he does I will make sure to let you know.

  • @bob806 said:

    -Before this game, I always blew it off when people told me the refs throw the game for the Steelers. All that conspiracy blah blah blah is bullshit. But this game gave me a second thought. James Harrison, who I met before and is a really nice guy, knocked both Josh Cribbs and MoMass out of the game with helmet to helmet hits. Not only was this bad playing from Harrison but it was horrible officiating. Fines will be handed out, I promise you that. But to call an offensive penalty when our WR just got nailed in the head by the defense? Really? Totally uncalled for. Who knows what the outcome of the game would be if Josh would have been in the entire game.

    That is all.

    The hit on Cribbs was a cheap shot, as he torpedoed into him, his arms not even looking to wrap up. The hit on Massaquoi wasn't a blatant dirty hit, but pretty damn close.

    I'm pretty sure the NFL will fine the dipshit, but I would rather have our main playmaker in the game, and the 15 yards.

    I could go on and on about the refs & Pittsburgh- but I will take the high road for now. We got beat, plain & simple.

    Harrison is always going for the ball to knock it loose. Cribbs wasn't to the ground and Harrison came in to knock the ball loose. You'll be crying about this all week. Don't bet on a fine.

    Homotron said:

    Harrison is always going for the ball to knock it loose. Cribbs wasn't to the ground and Harrison came in to knock the ball loose. You'll be crying about this all week. Don't bet on a fine.

    Knocking the ball loose is one thing, leading with the head without using your arms is another. Totally uncalled for.

  • Homotron said:

    Harrison is always going for the ball to knock it loose. Cribbs wasn't to the ground and Harrison came in to knock the ball loose. You'll be crying about this all week. Don't bet on a fine.

    Knocking the ball loose is one thing, leading with the head without using your arms is another. Totally uncalled for.

    @bob806 said:

    Knocking the ball loose is one thing, leading with the head without using your arms is another. Totally uncalled for.

    He was leading with his shoulder and pursuing Cribbs BEFORE he was tackled. Last I checked it was the NFL and more importantly not two hand touch. Let me know when you're done crying.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    I honestly can't believe that some of you can see something and completely convince yourself you saw something else!

    1. The hit on Cribbs is a completely legal hit because he was a running back....and......theysimply collided.

    2. The hit on MoMass was not helmet to helmet, Harrison used his shoulder pads and forearms, the helmets didn't even touch!

    3. The one play that was a borderline penalty was TJ Ward's hit on Mendy because he lead with his helmet.

    And you come here and whine? What is wrong with you?

    You are the same person who said the Browns O line was the best in the NFL......today showed they are average.

    No other O line in the league, maybe except the Jets O line, would have performed better against your defense. Case closed on that.

    Fines will be out. I know this as a fact, not a speculation. Fines on both sides.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    I honestly can't believe that some of you can see something and completely convince yourself you saw something else!

    1. The hit on Cribbs is a completely legal hit because he was a running back....and......theysimply collided.

    2. The hit on MoMass was not helmet to helmet, Harrison used his shoulder pads and forearms, the helmets didn't even touch!

    3. The one play that was a borderline penalty was TJ Ward's hit on Mendy because he lead with his helmet.

    And you come here and whine? What is wrong with you?

    You are the same person who said the Browns O line was the best in the NFL......today showed they are average.

    No other O line in the league, maybe except the Jets O line, would have performed better against your defense. Case closed on that.

    Fines will be out. I know this as a fact, not a speculation. Fines on both sides.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    No other O line in the league, maybe except the Jets O line, would have performed better against your defense. Case closed on that.

    Fines will be out. I know this as a fact, not a speculation. Fines on both sides.

    Your o-line performed well? They certainly didn't do bad but I wouldn't say they preformed well. McCoy made the most of his time back there but he was hurried PLENTY and got sacked what 4 times? Hillis went no where. I wouldn't say the o-line performed well.

  • Did anyone see the pre-game interview between Pig Ben and Cowher? Pig Ben STILL says he didn't do anything wrong!!! Yea, he's learned his lesson alright! What a schmuck!

  • Homotron said:

    He said he'd never hurt a woman. He didn't say he wasn't acting like a moron. He's admitted to getting to full of himself plenty of times and that he wasn't the best human being as a direct result. Good one tard. 😵

    I'm pretty sure he has hurt a woman...a few drunk ones actually.

  • Homotron said:

    He said he'd never hurt a woman. He didn't say he wasn't acting like a moron. He's admitted to getting to full of himself plenty of times and that he wasn't the best human being as a direct result. Good one tard. 😵

    HE SAID HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!! ANYTHING!! Wonder why he got suspended then?? Man, Stooler fans are stupid.

  • Homotron said:

    Based on what your jaded opinion? Read the case files. They are of public record at this point. The United States prides itself on innocent until proven guilty. We'll see if something else comes up. Actual criminals usually display repeat behavior, OJ Simpson for example. I didn't realize banging out on a sorority slut with a DTF name tag was "rape" I guess a lot of my friends in college are guilty of rape then because sororities through school, at least in my experience were borderline whorehouses and the girls went out in aggressive fashion to bring guys home. THE GIRLS! not the guys.

    EDIT: Unless of course you look like sloth from the Goonies, then I guess you wouldn't know.

    Looks like im guilty of rape 🙄

    The only reason the files say what they do is because the girl was drunk. If she was sober, your QB would be a registered sex offender.

  • Homotron said:

    He was suspended for conduct unbecoming of a professional football player WITH the Rooney's blessing and truthfully the suspension likely saved his career. If he were charged with Rape he'd be going to jail you xxxxing moron and Cleveland if she were sober it would be less of a issue because they probably wouldn't have got it on in a bathroom and the sorority sisters wouldn't have made asses and sluts out of themselves at the bar. All backed up by eye witness reports you can read in the case, once again now of public record. If it weren't Roethlisberger you wouldn't give a sh.it, that's the fact and that's why this whole thing is laughable. STFU.

    If the world was flat we would all fall off eventually. Words to live by chief.

  • Homotron said:

    He was suspended for conduct unbecoming of a professional football player WITH the Rooney's blessing and truthfully the suspension likely saved his career.

    So, tell me, how do you get suspended by the NFL for "conduct unbecoming of a professional football player" if he, according to his own words, "did NOTHING wrong"?

    I bet you believe OJ is innocent too, huh?

  • Homotron said:

    He was suspended for conduct unbecoming of a professional football player WITH the Rooney's blessing and truthfully the suspension likely saved his career. If he were charged with Rape he'd be going to jail you xxxxing moron and Cleveland if she were sober it would be less of a issue because they probably wouldn't have got it on in a bathroom and the sorority sisters wouldn't have made asses and sluts out of themselves at the bar. All backed up by eye witness reports you can read in the case, once again now of public record. If it weren't Roethlisberger you wouldn't give a sh.it, that's the fact and that's why this whole thing is laughable. STFU.

    If the world was flat we would all fall off eventually. Words to live by chief.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    If the world was flat we would all fall off eventually. Words to live by chief.

    another good post turned to shit...

    let's stay on topic!

    McCoy looked good! He has more arm that I thought he did... Put the ball where he had to when he had to... Yes, there were some jitters early on... and frankly I was never convinced that he was the right, but today was VERY encouraging.

    Gotta love Hillis. Wilcots was comparing to Jim Taylor. Good analogy.

    Haden and TJ are making this draft look good just by themselves... add Colt and Lavuao into the mix and Heckert did one heck of a job.

    my only question you missed: Where was Roth all day?

    Why is Bernard not on the field every down?

  • McCoy did a lot better than most thought he would do against the Steelers. He stayed in the pocket, took some shots, and didn't get rattled. Cleveland is getting better, needs a couple good receivers, and the rest of the guys to get healthy. I think Colt has a bright future ahead of him.

  • Homotron said:

    More helmet to helmet crying. The first one was in traffic and Cribbs was designated as a RB. What is a players supposed to do go for the tackle to knock the ball loose and detach his head from his body? The other one with Mo-mass he blasted him in the chest with his arms. Don't be surprised if he doesn't get fined. As far as the outcome is concerned Cribbs did nothing up to that point, what makes you think he would have done more later in the game? Hillis wasn't going anywhere. McCoy was on his ass a lot and sacked several times. Why not just admit the Browns were outplayed instead of jumping on the soapbox?

    I had positives and negatives in my post for a reason. Trust me, I am not happy.

    @steeler-schick said:

    Mendenhall was hit helmet to helmet in the second half, should have been flagged.

    You are right, we should have been flagged as well. Bad officiating on both sides.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I had positives and negatives in my post for a reason. Trust me, I am not happy.

    You are right, we should have been flagged as well. Bad officiating on both sides.

    We all know, (putting aside the rivalry for the sake of making a point) that if the Steelers aren't winning enough to keep the bandwagons interested, the national media gives them about as much attention as we get. This includes enforcement of roughing the passer/ helmet to helmet from an officiating standpoint. Only the "marquee" teams like Cowgirls, Patsies, and I'm beginning to suspect Jets are going to have these calls made regularly for (so often that its ticky tack). The XL Bowl was officiated terribly on both sides, but a combination of The Bus finally getting to the big one, and the fact the Stadium was so filled with fans of the Steelers, that the balance of the bad calls benefited the home team.

    On a side note, do we have a market as large as NY? Hell no! But, we're better fans, hell the Burgh has better fans than NY, and the West Coast would rather pretend professional football doesn't exist, but it's not as if we're an expansion bought with a billionaires funds for some crap market like the Titans, Jaguars, and Panthers. We deserve better recognition than we get. And to hell with "America's Team" whoever that might be; it's a myth perpetuated by guys that would sell their wives to shower with the likes of Tony Romo or whoever is the golden boy of the week happens to be...

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    I had positives and negatives in my post for a reason. Trust me, I am not happy.

    You are right, we should have been flagged as well. Bad officiating on both sides.

    We all know, (putting aside the rivalry for the sake of making a point) that if the Steelers aren't winning enough to keep the bandwagons interested, the national media gives them about as much attention as we get. This includes enforcement of roughing the passer/ helmet to helmet from an officiating standpoint. Only the "marquee" teams like Cowgirls, Patsies, and I'm beginning to suspect Jets are going to have these calls made regularly for (so often that its ticky tack). The XL Bowl was officiated terribly on both sides, but a combination of The Bus finally getting to the big one, and the fact the Stadium was so filled with fans of the Steelers, that the balance of the bad calls benefited the home team.

    On a side note, do we have a market as large as NY? Hell no! But, we're better fans, hell the Burgh has better fans than NY, and the West Coast would rather pretend professional football doesn't exist, but it's not as if we're an expansion bought with a billionaires funds for some crap market like the Titans, Jaguars, and Panthers. We deserve better recognition than we get. And to hell with "America's Team" whoever that might be; it's a myth perpetuated by guys that would sell their wives to shower with the likes of Tony Romo or whoever is the golden boy of the week happens to be...

    @neohionative said:

    On a side note, do we have a market as large as NY? Hell no! But, we're better fans, hell the Burgh has better fans than NY,

    i agree with the majority of what you said except NY and it's fans. huge brown fan here and will be till the end of days but till about 5 years ago the jets fans would be the only ones left in the bar at the end of the day/night next to me crying in their beers. F THE COWBOYS!.