Skip to content

Eric Wright

The Browns Board
15 12 1.5k
  • I'm watching 5th Quarter on TV right now, and I can't believe how Hanford Dixon is saying Eric Wright is the best corner on the team! I wouldn't even haul his sorry butt back to Cleveland! Thoughts?

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    I'm watching 5th Quarter on TV right now, and I can't believe how Hanford Dixon is saying Eric Wright is the best corner on the team! I wouldn't even haul his sorry butt back to Cleveland! Thoughts?

    Now this is someone we should trade for a decent receiver.

  • I think it's getting more obvious that Wright is a liability however I would argue that the best defensive backfield would be to bring Sheldon Brown to SF and let Haden play opposite of Wright.

  • Write has been getting picked on all year... I thought maybe he just had a bad couple of games, but I'm really starting to get concerned. The one play where he tried to knock the ball loose from H. Ward, he failed to tackle him before the endzone. That was 3rd and goal... If he makes the tackle, the Steelers would be attempting a field goal, instead of scoring a touchdown.

  • Something has happened with Wright. He has shown plenty of talent AND ability, but he's just not playing smart football recently. Hopefully, he resolves whatever he has to in order to get back to playing solid football.

    Mike

  • He has been nothing but horrible this year, giving up at the very least 6 TD's. Seriously you can look back on this guy and say that if he hadn't been playing for us we could be 3-3 instead of 1-5. We might as well get rid of him now while he still has some value and add in Shaun Rodgers while we're at it. Maybe if we package them together we can get a good WR and a draft pick.

  • He has been nothing but horrible this year, giving up at the very least 6 TD's. Seriously you can look back on this guy and say that if he hadn't been playing for us we could be 3-3 instead of 1-5. We might as well get rid of him now while he still has some value and add in Shaun Rodgers while we're at it. Maybe if we package them together we can get a good WR and a draft pick.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    He has been nothing but horrible this year, giving up at the very least 6 TD's. Seriously you can look back on this guy and say that if he hadn't been playing for us we could be 3-3 instead of 1-5. We might as well get rid of him now while he still has some value and add in Shaun Rodgers while we're at it. Maybe if we package them together we can get a good WR and a draft pick.

    Who is going to give you anything for a cornerback who can't cover?

  • For the same reason the announcers are saying he is a good cornerback, for the same reason he has still been starting, someone will give us a 3rd or 4th for him, more if we throw in Rodgers. There is always that coach who says, I can fix that. Problem is you can't fix stupid.

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    He has been nothing but horrible this year, giving up at the very least 6 TD's. Seriously you can look back on this guy and say that if he hadn't been playing for us we could be 3-3 instead of 1-5. We might as well get rid of him now while he still has some value and add in Shaun Rodgers while we're at it. Maybe if we package them together we can get a good WR and a draft pick.

    Who is going to give you anything for a cornerback who can't cover?

    @earl34 said:

    Who is going to give you anything for a cornerback who can't cover?

    if his 40 time is good im sure we can fleece Al Davis, i mean, look at him.

    al-davis-mort-010509-oak.jpg

  • What the h is it with Wright? He gets turned around so easily, and it seems he just doesn't care.

    Or, he just isn't that smart...

    or, he's playing with a strained neck... or something.

    Whatever it is, I will be delighted to watch him be a back up nickle back.

    Package him. He doesn't seem to have his head in the game. Something seems to be wrong with him.

  • The play that baffled me was when Big Ben had a open reciever down the right sideline and threw it into the 5th row (WTF was with that throw BTW?). Anyhow, the announcers were saying that Wright bit on Big Bens fake, but why? No one was underneith and he had no help over-top so instead of biting on fakes, how about just covering your man? Better yet, how about staying with 5yrds of your man. He was at lesat 15 yards from no one.

    Others were when his guy caught very deep outs. The announcers commented that the ball traveled a long way in the air. In other words, it took forever to get there. Wrights guy catches it, and still after all the time of the ball to float through the air, the receivers still has enough seperation on Wright to put a clean move on him and run free into the deep secondary.

    As a coach, how can you sit there week after week and make excuses for this guy? I would have to be restrained from pummeling him in frustration.

    I'm ok with Sheldon Brown. He had a bad game today, or maybe he is not getting many balls thrown his way because Wright is such an easy target. But I'd replace Wright first.

    HOW IS HADEN NOT ONE OF OUR STARTING CORNERS BY NOW!?!?!?!

  • The play that baffled me was when Big Ben had a open reciever down the right sideline and threw it into the 5th row (WTF was with that throw BTW?). Anyhow, the announcers were saying that Wright bit on Big Bens fake, but why? No one was underneith and he had no help over-top so instead of biting on fakes, how about just covering your man? Better yet, how about staying with 5yrds of your man. He was at lesat 15 yards from no one.

    Others were when his guy caught very deep outs. The announcers commented that the ball traveled a long way in the air. In other words, it took forever to get there. Wrights guy catches it, and still after all the time of the ball to float through the air, the receivers still has enough seperation on Wright to put a clean move on him and run free into the deep secondary.

    As a coach, how can you sit there week after week and make excuses for this guy? I would have to be restrained from pummeling him in frustration.

    I'm ok with Sheldon Brown. He had a bad game today, or maybe he is not getting many balls thrown his way because Wright is such an easy target. But I'd replace Wright first.

    HOW IS HADEN NOT ONE OF OUR STARTING CORNERS BY NOW!?!?!?!

    @atenears said:

    The play that baffled me was when Big Ben had a open reciever down the right sideline and threw it into the 5th row (WTF was with that throw BTW?). Anyhow, the announcers were saying that Wright bit on Big Bens fake, but why? No one was underneith and he had no help over-top so instead of biting on fakes, how about just covering your man? Better yet, how about staying with 5yrds of your man. He was at lesat 15 yards from no one.

    Others were when his guy caught very deep outs. The announcers commented that the ball traveled a long way in the air. In other words, it took forever to get there. Wrights guy catches it, and still after all the time of the ball to float through the air, the receivers still has enough seperation on Wright to put a clean move on him and run free into the deep secondary.

    As a coach, how can you sit there week after week and make excuses for this guy? I would have to be restrained from pummeling him in frustration.

    I'm ok with Sheldon Brown. He had a bad game today, or maybe he is not getting many balls thrown his way because Wright is such an easy target. But I'd replace Wright first.

    HOW IS HADEN NOT ONE OF OUR STARTING CORNERS BY NOW!?!?!?!

    Letting him learn under Brown and Wright? 😆

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    He has been nothing but horrible this year, giving up at the very least 6 TD's. Seriously you can look back on this guy and say that if he hadn't been playing for us we could be 3-3 instead of 1-5. We might as well get rid of him now while he still has some value and add in Shaun Rodgers while we're at it. Maybe if we package them together we can get a good WR and a draft pick.

    Who is going to give you anything for a cornerback who can't cover?

    @earl34 said:

    Who is going to give you anything for a cornerback who can't cover?

    Exactly. I get tired of hearing people think we should trade someone because they are no good but expect to get something back way over market value.

  • For the same reason the announcers are saying he is a good cornerback, for the same reason he has still been starting, someone will give us a 3rd or 4th for him, more if we throw in Rodgers. There is always that coach who says, I can fix that. Problem is you can't fix stupid.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    For the same reason the announcers are saying he is a good cornerback, for the same reason he has still been starting, someone will give us a 3rd or 4th for him, more if we throw in Rodgers. There is always that coach who says, I can fix that. Problem is you can't fix stupid.

    Randy Moss just brought back a 4th rounder. Do you really think that a DT that can't stay on the field and a CB that can't cover will bring back more?

  • I'm watching 5th Quarter on TV right now, and I can't believe how Hanford Dixon is saying Eric Wright is the best corner on the team! I wouldn't even haul his sorry butt back to Cleveland! Thoughts?

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    I'm watching 5th Quarter on TV right now, and I can't believe how Hanford Dixon is saying Eric Wright is the best corner on the team! I wouldn't even haul his sorry butt back to Cleveland! Thoughts?

    He is Right... I remember Ike Taylor having a Bad Streak like this.. got benched. Came back Stronger. Wright is gonna be fine/