Skip to content

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

The Browns Board
653 86 21.8k
  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by admin 0
    #1
    LOOK MOM, NO HANDS!

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I DO ROIDS ... and GIVE HEAD

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #3

    didn't know they left the gates of the zoo open. anybody that defends harrison and those two 'questionable' (which they weren't cuz the video proves that) hits is a Retard.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #4

    T.J. Ward got fined Heavily and immediately FLAGGED for same type of hit and he had much less time and room to avoid it.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Formerly Stone said:

    NICE HIT!

    We really don't care that you do roids and give head 😛

    how's the air up there in stoopville?

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Formerly Stone said:

    Get a good video of the hit, you will see that Harrison didn't use his helmet.

    why don't you post it then? because it doesn't exist?

  • S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by Steeler SChick
    #7

    More "deep football discussion", I see.

    I could be wrong, but helmet to helmet hits aren't generally called on running plays, otherwise there would be 50 penalties a game.

    But hey - don't let me interfere with your "deep football discussion". I can't wait until your next nugget of sheer football brilliance.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

    (edit - ANTEATERS or someone replaced my original post with a pic of Cribbs getting carted off or something. Pretty lame IMO, but I guess frustration takes it's toll on the simple minded.)

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Formerly Stone said:

    Get a good video of the hit, you will see that Harrison didn't use his helmet.

    Stop Wards video at 00:58 he actually trys to position his helmet out of the way, but was flagged for hitting Shipley in the head (with his shoulder). Harrison's arms fly-out in violent fashion as he tee's off on MoMass. Ward hit with his shoulder, Harrison went for Massaquoi's head with forearms/shoulder/helmet. Just as "dirty" and he should have been flagged especially since it was his second headshot of the day. If Ward was fined, Harrison should be fined for the combination of both hits today.

  • B BuckeyeBrown wrote on last edited by BuckeyeBrown
    #9

    you're right about the fact that it was a run play, and they don't generally call it on run plays. But it is pretty clear that he is not trying to make a tackle but is trying to make a big hit and is leading with his head, towards another player who only has his head exposed to him. I.E head hunting.

  • More "deep football discussion", I see.

    I could be wrong, but helmet to helmet hits aren't generally called on running plays, otherwise there would be 50 penalties a game.

    But hey - don't let me interfere with your "deep football discussion". I can't wait until your next nugget of sheer football brilliance.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

    (edit - ANTEATERS or someone replaced my original post with a pic of Cribbs getting carted off or something. Pretty lame IMO, but I guess frustration takes it's toll on the simple minded.)

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @steeler-schick said:

    More "deep football discussion", I see.

    I could be wrong, but helmet to helmet hits aren't generally called on running plays, otherwise there would be 50 penalties a game.

    But hey - don't let me interfere with your "deep football discussion". I can't wait until your next nugget of sheer football brilliance.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

    Helmet-toHetlmet hits are only illegal on qbs and defenseless receivers. Cribbs was a RB on that play so there's no foul.

    Did you know ATENEARS does roids and gives head?

  • you're right about the fact that it was a run play, and they don't generally call it on run plays. But it is pretty clear that he is not trying to make a tackle but is trying to make a big hit and is leading with his head, towards another player who only has his head exposed to him. I.E head hunting.

    S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @buckeyebrown said:

    you're right about the fact that it was a run play, and they don't generally call it on run plays. But it is pretty clear that he is not trying to make a tackle but is trying to make a big hit and is leading with his head, towards another player who only has his head exposed to him. I.E head hunting.

    I don't want to see anyone get hurt except Lewis and Suggs but I agree, this hit might have been avoidable and I understand why stains fans are pissed off. I would be if it happened to us.

    For what it's worth.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

  • B BuckeyeBrown wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Formerly Stone said:

    Cribbs actually cut back in to Harrison and they simply collided.

    uh, he doesn't cut into harrison, he cuts up the field and harrison comes in perpendicular to him, with only cribb's head exposed to harrison

  • @buckeyebrown said:

    you're right about the fact that it was a run play, and they don't generally call it on run plays. But it is pretty clear that he is not trying to make a tackle but is trying to make a big hit and is leading with his head, towards another player who only has his head exposed to him. I.E head hunting.

    I don't want to see anyone get hurt except Lewis and Suggs but I agree, this hit might have been avoidable and I understand why stains fans are pissed off. I would be if it happened to us.

    For what it's worth.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @steeler-schick said:

    I don't want to see anyone get hurt except Lewis and Suggs

    finally something we agree on!!!

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Formerly Stone said:

    You need to sober up!

    nah, not till wednesday.

  • S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Formerly Stone said:

    I think Stan might be a little drunk and a lot pissed off, he will probably retract that statement tomorrow.

    Alcohol brings out the truth!

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #16

    First hit I can see as an accident, the 2nd hit is more questionable, but it is clear that both hits were head to head and both were easier to avoid that Wards was. I think at least each hit should receive the same $15,000 fine for each hit, more than likely should get a $50,000 or play a game without pay. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended for a game, of course I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't either.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Formerly Stone said:

    Cribbs actually cut back in to Harrison and they simply collided.

    Cribbs didn't cut back to him and he was falling when he got hit. That is why I actually don't think the helmet to helmet was intentional on this play. Harrison's face was looking at the ground and I think he was going for the helmet to ball hit, but Cribb's head was where the ball was supposed to be. But it still ended up being helmet to helmet and you really shouldn't lead with your head like that no matter what your trying to hit, not good for your neck or head and it defiantly isn't good for who ever you hit.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @junkyard-dawg said:

    Dude if it takes raping TWO women to get a small suspension? HGHarrison isn't getting suspended nor fined.

    By the way, is the Parade for Rothlistbergers return from his rape suspension on Monday or Tuesday?

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Rodney Harrison just said on NBC that defensive players need to be suspended for the shots to the head, which included the hit by Harrison on Massaquoi.

  • Rodney Harrison just said on NBC that defensive players need to be suspended for the shots to the head, which included the hit by Harrison on Massaquoi.

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mark-o said:

    Rodney Harrison just said on NBC that defensive players need to be suspended for the shots to the head, which included the hit by Harrison on Massaquoi.

    I see what you did there. Rodney never said anything about Harrison's hit. He was talking in gneral $5,000 fines are nothing for people making millions.