Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Play Calling

Play Calling

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
3 Posts 3 Posters 468 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
    • 4k Posts
    • 139 Reputation
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #1

    As much shit as Dabol has gotten here, I thought he called a pretty decent game in Pittsburgh with what he had to work with. The only thing that I could think of that I didn't care for was the abundance of Wilddawg plays. They were poorly executed by Cribbs and should have been shelved earlier and maybe he wouldn't have gotten hurt. That play Cribbs got hurt on was a butt ugly run by Cribbs, just stupid in the path he ran, plus add in carrying the ball in the palm of his hand and taking the inside path at contact. His injury was his fault.

    I thought the mis-direction runs were good. I liked that we used an end-around to hold the DE. Screen passes were executed pretty well, and Colt launched a couple deep-intermediate passes that should help spread the field in future weeks when others watch game film on him. He will make the throw and has the arm.

    We've bashed Dabol a lot on here and this week he improved.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • hx214 hx214H One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 1k Posts
      • 474 Reputation
      hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
      #2

      I didn't think the play calling was all that bad this week.

      I was really surprised to see him actually have the fortitude to call the pass play on the first play of the game. That grabbed 8 quick yards and got the offense off to a good start.

      I'd still like to see him lean less on Hillis. I'm hoping with Bell getting a full week of practice in he will be able to help with the load. I'd also like to see Davis out there for at least a few plays a game. We have so few homerun hitters (and none with cribbs and mo out of the game) that it would be nice to put a speed ball on the field. I think he would be a tough cover for a LB coming out of the backfield on check downs, and they could dial up a few screen passes for him. At the very least it would give Hillis a few plays off.

      Every week that goes by the WR position becomes more and more of a glaring weakness. That in and of itself makes the play calling more and more vanilla than what you see from other teams. It seems the best recievers on the field are the TE's. (If I was the QB I'd be looking for Evan Moore as my go to guy)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 270 Reputation
        USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I hate Daboll as much as anyone around here but he's been improving slightly every week. I agree, he called a good game. Maybe he'll turn out to be a decent OC. We'll see how the rest of the season pans out.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        Theme
        • System
        • Light
        • Dark
        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Forums
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Users
        • Donate