Skip to content

Woof Woof: Fantasy Football Playoff Follies

The Browns Board
12 8 1.1k
  • ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Thanks for all the effort you put in! Can't wait till next year.

  • J JohnG71097 wrote on last edited by JohnG71097
    #3

    <The Usual Suspects put together a band of theives named Calvin Johnson (20), Steven Jackson (18) and LaDainian Thomlinson (16) who stole one from THE HAMMER 93-92<

    I left points on the bench, Just as Hammer did .....He had 4 in double figures left on the bench

    I was up 23 going into Mon Night and I thought I was screwed especially after the Eagles' D

    returned the pick for a score

    Yet our Brownies stopped Westbrook time after time from getting into the endzone

    I was so moved, I picked up the Browns D this week

    It just wasn't HammerTime this week

  • DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
    #4

    In the real champions league, league one, DTBH is going for the second straight championship title. If he wins this one, let the "dynasty" talk begin. Sorry other leagues, but you're only playing for a meaningless title.

  • In the real champions league, league one, DTBH is going for the second straight championship title. If he wins this one, let the "dynasty" talk begin. Sorry other leagues, but you're only playing for a meaningless title.

    J JohnG71097 wrote on last edited by JohnG71097
    #5

    @dtbh said:

    In the real champions league, league one, DTBH is going for the second straight championship title. If he wins this one, let the "dynasty" talk begin. Sorry other leagues, but you're only playing for a meaningless title.

    Congrats on making the Title Game for the 2nd year in a row.

    All I know is in League Two the competition was fierce and no one rolled over for anyone.

    Beans and I tied for the top spot in League Two with a 10-4 record, head to head we split the season

    But I had more total points than he did 1324-1220. But that means squat without a win this weekend.

    Maybe a week 17 competition between champions of all leagues ....just for giggles

    With Players picked from the respective rosters, probably have to be manually scored.

  • WVBrownsfanW WVBrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Congrats to team Beanpot on his victory over us this past weekend. Though I still think steroids were involved somehow and I hope the league looks into it. 😉 BTW who the hell is Pierre Thomas and what's he doing in the NFL ? sounds like he should be playing left wing for the Montreal Canadiens.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #7

    LOL! Great job again Kathy! Bean congrats on the viagra buddy! Also, congrats to all those moving on in the playoffs. What's that feel like anyway????

    I was in the finals a lifetime ago and of course I went Scott Norwide with it losing by 2 points. This season inspired me with Woof Woof and seeing the fun everyone had.

    We HAVE to tune in next week to see how it all ended.

    - Tom F.

  • Congrats to team Beanpot on his victory over us this past weekend. Though I still think steroids were involved somehow and I hope the league looks into it. 😉 BTW who the hell is Pierre Thomas and what's he doing in the NFL ? sounds like he should be playing left wing for the Montreal Canadiens.

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @wvbrownsfan said:

    Congrats to team Beanpot on his victory over us this past weekend. Though I still think steroids were involved somehow and I hope the league looks into it. 😉 BTW who the hell is Pierre Thomas and what's he doing in the NFL ? sounds like he should be playing left wing for the Montreal Canadiens.

    Thanks WVB! Wish I could have saved some of those points for this week but I needed every over-the-top performance from my guys to beat your squad.

    As for Pierre, he shares the *exact* name of my personal sommelier. If, you know, I had one of those.

    Beanpot

  • @dtbh said:

    In the real champions league, league one, DTBH is going for the second straight championship title. If he wins this one, let the "dynasty" talk begin. Sorry other leagues, but you're only playing for a meaningless title.

    Congrats on making the Title Game for the 2nd year in a row.

    All I know is in League Two the competition was fierce and no one rolled over for anyone.

    Beans and I tied for the top spot in League Two with a 10-4 record, head to head we split the season

    But I had more total points than he did 1324-1220. But that means squat without a win this weekend.

    Maybe a week 17 competition between champions of all leagues ....just for giggles

    With Players picked from the respective rosters, probably have to be manually scored.

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @johng71097 said:

    Maybe a week 17 competition between champions of all leagues ....just for giggles

    With Players picked from the respective rosters, probably have to be manually scored.

    The problem with this idea is that it'd happen in week 17.

    For example, DTBH had Manning and Clark combine to put up ~ a 50 spot last night and it'd take a lot for him to lose this game. Now, assuming he wins, he'd be staring at a "champion of all champions" game with the likelihood that both of these guys wouldn't play much in week 17. Instead, it'd be some sort of chess match involving the strength of ones bench and the foresight to have players on teams who will be fighting for playoff position on the last week of the season.

    I'd be more than happy to manually score such a thing if everyone wanted it, just not sure that it'd tell us all that much.

    Beanpot

  • F Fan Of STEEL 1 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Very Funny Kathy. But, you are right and my team tanked in the last 3 weeks. It's a good thing for the league because it looks like the right teams took the playoff spots. It was a painful way to be out of the playoffs though.

    Hopefully Bean will let me back in again next year.

    Hey, if you can't beat the STEELERS, at least you get the chance to beat a STEELERS fan.

    Merry Christmas everyone.

  • Very Funny Kathy. But, you are right and my team tanked in the last 3 weeks. It's a good thing for the league because it looks like the right teams took the playoff spots. It was a painful way to be out of the playoffs though.

    Hopefully Bean will let me back in again next year.

    Hey, if you can't beat the STEELERS, at least you get the chance to beat a STEELERS fan.

    Merry Christmas everyone.

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @fan-of-steel-1 said:

    Hopefully Bean will let me back in again next year.

    Ah, you're always welcome FOS. Despite you rooting for evil, you're a good dude. Unlike your brethren who continually chase after low hanging fruit (we get it guys, the team we root for sucks ass) you continually add thoughtful reason into every discussion.

    Now Kathy may or may not be able to post a write-up on the playoffs in the next couple of days, but it'll happen in the near future. Of the two leagues I know about, congrats are in order for DTBH in league 1 and The Usual Suspects in league 2.

    DTBH won his second consecutive title by beating my squad in league 1, 91-89. That's two in a row for DTBH and he clearly deserves our applause and the target on his back that he's so richly deserved.

    In league 2, the Suspects held off the Rookies 74-67. A big time hat tip to the winner who clearly had the best team throughout the season. He also made *60* moves during the year while everyone else scrambled to do a third of that. Terrific job, John.

    The remaining leagues will chime in soon and Kathy will add her awesomeness in the coming days, but I just want to thank each and every person who signed up and followed their team. You guys were all wonderful and I hope you're all back next season!

    Beanpot

  • WVBrownsfanW WVBrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Congrats to DTBH, dare we say dynasty?