Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Anyone see the Point After tonight

Anyone see the Point After tonight

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 12 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Richiswhere RichiswhereR Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 1k Posts
    • 108 Reputation
    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by Richiswhere
    #1

    I dont think i have every seen Jim Donovan that pissed off before...... I liked it

    "You see the Rams are still thinking that they are playing Tony Dorsett" -Jim Brown 1978
    ATENEARSA 1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
      • 4k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I saw it & loved it. Donovan was angry that the other Browns didn't go after Harrison on the spot & I agree. The really great teams would NOT have allowed that to happen without reacting in defense of their teammates. We need to have that kind of fire. Penalties be damned, we need to send a message.

      Mike

      IN DORSEY I TRUST
      1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • FearTheRoo F
        • 496 Posts
        • 14 Reputation
        F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I wouldn't be surprised if there is some payback coming their way in January. If you can't win the right way, take out their best players. That is the steelers game plan, why not make it ours?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • RichiswhereR Richiswhere

          I dont think i have every seen Jim Donovan that pissed off before...... I liked it

          ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
          • 4k Posts
          • 139 Reputation
          ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @richiswhere said:

          I dont think i have every seen Jim Donovan that pissed off before...... I liked it

          I missed it. Is that available online or will it air again? I wanna see that fiery little Jim in action.

          NewEraDawgN 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • WRREBEL WRREBELW
            • 2k Posts
            • 87 Reputation
            WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Where is jeff gillooly when we need him

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

              @richiswhere said:

              I dont think i have every seen Jim Donovan that pissed off before...... I liked it

              I missed it. Is that available online or will it air again? I wanna see that fiery little Jim in action.

              NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
              • 645 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by NewEraDawg
              #6

              @atenears said:

              I missed it. Is that available online or will it air again? I wanna see that fiery little Jim in action.

              They rerun it the whole week. You just need to check the STO listings

              NewEraDawg
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Gips GipsG
                • 3k Posts
                • 34 Reputation
                GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                #7

                Yeah lets blame the players who are now, ahem.. disciplined and fear a loss of playing time and or a trade at the very least if they dare do anything to get under mangini's skin...

                Like many other things it comes back at a coaches way of doing things, penalties are bad but sometimes they are justified...

                And that should be expressed to the players and even accepted by the coaching staff to a certain unsaid degree...

                A unified team (coaches included) doesnt let this kind of stuff go but a group of players just trying to survive as obedient roleplayers in the nfl does...

                We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
                  • 645 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Just like a baby robbin

                  Mouth always open and full of shit.................... 😁

                  NewEraDawg
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • hillis4prez420 H
                    • 22 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    H hillis4prez420 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Can we get in contact with Turkey Jones for the game in January? I would like to see Ben thrown head first into the ground violently.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                      • 64k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I'd settle for a SHOULDER to rothlicksbooger's knee, and busting it, so he can't assault women in bathrooms with his bodyguards

                      watching the door...

                      VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • C calfoxwc

                        I'd settle for a SHOULDER to rothlicksbooger's knee, and busting it, so he can't assault women in bathrooms with his bodyguards

                        watching the door...

                        Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 301 Reputation
                        VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @calfoxwc said:

                        I'd settle for a SHOULDER to rothlicksbooger's knee, and busting it, so he can't assault women in bathrooms with his bodyguards

                        watching the door...

                        I didn't see McNabb's tirade, this is actually the first I've heard of it. Funny that several other players have come out and said exactly the opposite. Analysts are saying the same. McNabb is a QB so of course he's going to have a issue with vicious hits. I can't believe this new rule though, it's going to change the league. I also find it hilarious that you're calling for season ending injuries. Just a FYI, in January our backups will be in and you'll still lose.

                        AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                        next2nothingN 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                          • 64k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Only calling for paybacks. Self defense is justified as I see it.

                          You start it, the response finishes it, says I.

                          If the Browns have a losing season in the top five of the draft,

                          they'd have a good chance to nab A. J. Green, the top wr in the draft.

                          that's the main thing the Browns need.

                          VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • C calfoxwc

                            Only calling for paybacks. Self defense is justified as I see it.

                            You start it, the response finishes it, says I.

                            If the Browns have a losing season in the top five of the draft,

                            they'd have a good chance to nab A. J. Green, the top wr in the draft.

                            that's the main thing the Browns need.

                            Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 4k Posts
                            • 301 Reputation
                            VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @calfoxwc said:

                            Only calling for paybacks. Self defense is justified as I see it.

                            You start it, the response finishes it, says I.

                            If the Browns have a losing season in the top five of the draft,

                            they'd have a good chance to nab A. J. Green, the top wr in the draft.

                            that's the main thing the Browns need.

                            And your point? Drafting one WR immediately solves the problem with the Browns and their roster? You may also want to consider the physicality of the Steeler defense and offense for that matter before you start calling for hit squads.

                            A. It's childish

                            B. You'd lose

                            Let's institute a motion for the NFFL and or the National Flag Football League.

                            But hey if we're playing this game, here is James Harrison quote for your enjoyment.

                            "There goes the WildDawg, It's done"

                            After he got up and walked off mind you.

                            AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • VagitronV Vagitron

                              @calfoxwc said:

                              I'd settle for a SHOULDER to rothlicksbooger's knee, and busting it, so he can't assault women in bathrooms with his bodyguards

                              watching the door...

                              I didn't see McNabb's tirade, this is actually the first I've heard of it. Funny that several other players have come out and said exactly the opposite. Analysts are saying the same. McNabb is a QB so of course he's going to have a issue with vicious hits. I can't believe this new rule though, it's going to change the league. I also find it hilarious that you're calling for season ending injuries. Just a FYI, in January our backups will be in and you'll still lose.

                              next2nothing next2nothingN Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 693 Posts
                              • 9 Reputation
                              next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Homotron said:

                              I didn't see McNabb's tirade, this is actually the first I've heard of it. Funny that several other players have come out and said exactly the opposite. Analysts are saying the same. McNabb is a QB so of course he's going to have a issue with vicious hits. I can't believe this new rule though, it's going to change the league. I also find it hilarious that you're calling for season ending injuries. Just a FYI, in January our backups will be in and you'll still lose.

                              Not Donovan McNabb. Jim Donovan, the guy who does the radio calls for the Browns on Sunday.

                              VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
                              ❤
                              Quote Reply
                              • next2nothingN next2nothing

                                Homotron said:

                                I didn't see McNabb's tirade, this is actually the first I've heard of it. Funny that several other players have come out and said exactly the opposite. Analysts are saying the same. McNabb is a QB so of course he's going to have a issue with vicious hits. I can't believe this new rule though, it's going to change the league. I also find it hilarious that you're calling for season ending injuries. Just a FYI, in January our backups will be in and you'll still lose.

                                Not Donovan McNabb. Jim Donovan, the guy who does the radio calls for the Browns on Sunday.

                                Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 301 Reputation
                                VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @next2nothing said:

                                Not Donovan McNabb. Jim Donovan, the guy who does the radio calls for the Browns on Sunday.

                                Oh well that makes more sense. I couldn't see Donovan going off. I was a little surprised initially because most NFL players aren't taking issue.

                                AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • VagitronV Vagitron

                                  @calfoxwc said:

                                  Only calling for paybacks. Self defense is justified as I see it.

                                  You start it, the response finishes it, says I.

                                  If the Browns have a losing season in the top five of the draft,

                                  they'd have a good chance to nab A. J. Green, the top wr in the draft.

                                  that's the main thing the Browns need.

                                  And your point? Drafting one WR immediately solves the problem with the Browns and their roster? You may also want to consider the physicality of the Steeler defense and offense for that matter before you start calling for hit squads.

                                  A. It's childish

                                  B. You'd lose

                                  Let's institute a motion for the NFFL and or the National Flag Football League.

                                  But hey if we're playing this game, here is James Harrison quote for your enjoyment.

                                  "There goes the WildDawg, It's done"

                                  After he got up and walked off mind you.

                                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Homotron said:

                                  And your point? Drafting one WR immediately solves the problem with the Browns and their roster? You may also want to consider the physicality of the Steeler defense and offense for that matter before you start calling for hit squads.

                                  A. It's childish

                                  B. You'd lose

                                  Let's institute a motion for the NFFL and or the National Flag Football League.

                                  But hey if we're playing this game, here is James Harrison quote for your enjoyment.

                                  "There goes the WildDawg, It's done"

                                  After he got up and walked off mind you.

                                  I didn't see any great disparity in the "physicality" between these two teams. I saw Harrison get in a couple of fortuitous shots because he was in the right position to make them. That is the extent of it.

                                  The difference in the game came down to matters of finesse: catch the damn balls that are in your hand be you a punt returner or receiver, and cover a damn receiver like you are supposed to.

                                  VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                                    Homotron said:

                                    And your point? Drafting one WR immediately solves the problem with the Browns and their roster? You may also want to consider the physicality of the Steeler defense and offense for that matter before you start calling for hit squads.

                                    A. It's childish

                                    B. You'd lose

                                    Let's institute a motion for the NFFL and or the National Flag Football League.

                                    But hey if we're playing this game, here is James Harrison quote for your enjoyment.

                                    "There goes the WildDawg, It's done"

                                    After he got up and walked off mind you.

                                    I didn't see any great disparity in the "physicality" between these two teams. I saw Harrison get in a couple of fortuitous shots because he was in the right position to make them. That is the extent of it.

                                    The difference in the game came down to matters of finesse: catch the damn balls that are in your hand be you a punt returner or receiver, and cover a damn receiver like you are supposed to.

                                    Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 301 Reputation
                                    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @the-gipper said:

                                    I didn't see any great disparity in the "physicality" between these two teams. I saw Harrison get in a couple of fortuitous shots because he was in the right position to make them. That is the extent of it.

                                    The difference in the game came down to matters of finesse: catch the damn balls that are in your hand be you a punt returner or receiver, and cover a damn receiver like you are supposed to

                                    .

                                    Translation, The Steelers are a better football team and you lost. You can say it in the above fashion to save face for your team but that's the bottom line, your personnel doesn't cut it against the Steelers. Hey how many sacks did you guys have Sunday?

                                    AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate