Skip to content

Invitation

The Browns Board
15 6 1.4k
  • The last time the Browns played the Saints was week 1 of the 2006 season. It was Reggie Bush's pro debut. I remember because I was at that game. Final score of that game was Saints 19, Browns 14.

  • @dragon said:

    Ok Week 7, Who's going to cover TE Ben Watson?

    Your worried about Ben Watson? Have you not seen our duel threat at WR? Your gonna need a monster game plan to slow down Robiskie and Stuckey. If bye some miracle you can limit their catches, its probably only because Hillis is running all over you. 🙄

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Your worried about Ben Watson? Have you not seen our duel threat at WR? Your gonna need a monster game plan to slow down Robiskie and Stuckey. If bye some miracle you can limit their catches, its probably only because Hillis is running all over you. 🙄

    Unfortunately TE's seems to be our nemesis. Dallas Clarke was running all over us during the first half of the SB

    Shianco had 76 yards and a TD in week one (leading receiver)

    Vernon Davis had 78 yards (leading receiver) in week 2

    Tony Gonzalez 110 yards and a TD in week 3 (leading receiver)

    It has gotten a little better during the last 3 games, but still the opponent TE still makes some very big 3rd down conversions.

    With regards to the passing game we, like you guys, are fighting injuries. Our best CB Jabari Greer is on the injury list and doubtful. Tracy Porter is still out with knee trouble. Malcolm Jenkins - a 2nd year player who played cb last year, are playing FS instead of Darren Sharper (who has just come off PUP but may be back for this game). MJ has done a good job, but he is still no Sharper. We just lost another CB (Randal Gay) to IR this week due to concussions.

    On a positive note - first round rookie cb Pat Robinson is doing better than expected, but like all rookies will get burned at times.

  • Them boys take us pretty lightly over there!

    But ya cant really blame em, after all we are one of if not the leagues worst managed team, and with serious injuries already mounting up on some our best mediocre players on both sides of the ball, and with no creative offensive thinking capability and a rookie QB starting we are still the same cleveland clowns everyone has loved to laugh at and take lightly for years...

    But even though we have an invisible owner along with equally invisible upper management and generally poor coaching and lackluster talent about every 3 games or so we somehow manage to despite all odds up and beat a big name team... who knows it could be the Aints this time around!

    And the only thing worse than being the cleveland browns is getting beat by em! Muhahahahaha..

    @gips said:

    Them boys take us pretty lightly over there!

    But ya cant really blame em, after all we are one of if not the leagues worst managed team, and with serious injuries already mounting up on some our best mediocre players on both sides of the ball, and with no creative offensive thinking capability and a rookie QB starting we are still the same cleveland clowns everyone has loved to laugh at and take lightly for years...

    But even though we have an invisible owner along with equally invisible upper management and generally poor coaching and lackluster talent about every 3 games or so we somehow manage to despite all odds up and beat a big name team... who knows it could be the Aints this time around!

    And the only thing worse than being the cleveland browns is getting beat by em! Muhahahahaha..

    Any given Sunday I give you that - and the Saints have often struggled more against so called easy opponents.

    By the way - I like your signature. I've been a Saints fan since 1982 and if you substitute Saints for Browns in that poem, it fits the Saints to a T, before the current leadership Loomis, Payton and Brees took over in 2006.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Dragon,

    as cheif hater of Steeler vermin and Raven sputum, I am flattered by your gracious offer. I have always liked the Saints fans and organization. I am jealous that you got your SB before we did, but you guys are ones who understand loyalty. As far as I am concerned, you can even come here and talk smack and you get my respect.

    It takes real fans to stick with a team through the miserable years. IN Pittsburgh fanship has always been fiar weathered. Did you know that in a home game, against the Bengals, back in the 80s, when the Steelers STILl has playoff hopes, although slim, the home attendance in Three Sewars was LESS THAN 28,000?

    It's true. Plus, during the heyday of the Bradshaw era Steelers homegames only averages an attendance of 47,000 throughout the entire period. This is why Three Sewars was built to be one of the smallest stadiums ever. This is also why Hienze dump is the SMALLEST OF ALL HOK Stadiums (Stadia is a homo word)

    Sorry to go off on the Steelrs but you gave me the lead in. You are probably wondering how you did that? SImply by posting. I can turn a visit from the Pope into Steelr hate.

    BY they way, did I mention to you that the Steelers blow?

    Their team has a policy of Don't Ask - Don't Kordell.

    I think even the Pope hates the Steelers! LOL!

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Dragon,

    as cheif hater of Steeler vermin and Raven sputum, I am flattered by your gracious offer. I have always liked the Saints fans and organization. I am jealous that you got your SB before we did, but you guys are ones who understand loyalty. As far as I am concerned, you can even come here and talk smack and you get my respect.

    It takes real fans to stick with a team through the miserable years. IN Pittsburgh fanship has always been fiar weathered. Did you know that in a home game, against the Bengals, back in the 80s, when the Steelers STILl has playoff hopes, although slim, the home attendance in Three Sewars was LESS THAN 28,000?

    It's true. Plus, during the heyday of the Bradshaw era Steelers homegames only averages an attendance of 47,000 throughout the entire period. This is why Three Sewars was built to be one of the smallest stadiums ever. This is also why Hienze dump is the SMALLEST OF ALL HOK Stadiums (Stadia is a homo word)

    Sorry to go off on the Steelrs but you gave me the lead in. You are probably wondering how you did that? SImply by posting. I can turn a visit from the Pope into Steelr hate.

    BY they way, did I mention to you that the Steelers blow?

    Their team has a policy of Don't Ask - Don't Kordell.

    I think even the Pope hates the Steelers! LOL!

    @djdawg2010 said:

    I think even the Pope hates the Steelers! LOL!

    The Steelers are our next opponent (Luckily at home) after you guys...

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Dragon,

    as cheif hater of Steeler vermin and Raven sputum, I am flattered by your gracious offer. I have always liked the Saints fans and organization. I am jealous that you got your SB before we did, but you guys are ones who understand loyalty. As far as I am concerned, you can even come here and talk smack and you get my respect.

    It takes real fans to stick with a team through the miserable years. IN Pittsburgh fanship has always been fiar weathered. Did you know that in a home game, against the Bengals, back in the 80s, when the Steelers STILl has playoff hopes, although slim, the home attendance in Three Sewars was LESS THAN 28,000?

    It's true. Plus, during the heyday of the Bradshaw era Steelers homegames only averages an attendance of 47,000 throughout the entire period. This is why Three Sewars was built to be one of the smallest stadiums ever. This is also why Hienze dump is the SMALLEST OF ALL HOK Stadiums (Stadia is a homo word)

    Sorry to go off on the Steelrs but you gave me the lead in. You are probably wondering how you did that? SImply by posting. I can turn a visit from the Pope into Steelr hate.

    BY they way, did I mention to you that the Steelers blow?

    Their team has a policy of Don't Ask - Don't Kordell.

    A fun but true story....

    After the Colts lost the Superbowl 10 fans welcomed them home at the airport

    After Saints lost the NFCCG in 2006 5000 fans showed up to show their support at the airport at 1 am in freezing weather.....

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Dragon,

    as cheif hater of Steeler vermin and Raven sputum, I am flattered by your gracious offer. I have always liked the Saints fans and organization. I am jealous that you got your SB before we did, but you guys are ones who understand loyalty. As far as I am concerned, you can even come here and talk smack and you get my respect.

    It takes real fans to stick with a team through the miserable years. IN Pittsburgh fanship has always been fiar weathered. Did you know that in a home game, against the Bengals, back in the 80s, when the Steelers STILl has playoff hopes, although slim, the home attendance in Three Sewars was LESS THAN 28,000?

    It's true. Plus, during the heyday of the Bradshaw era Steelers homegames only averages an attendance of 47,000 throughout the entire period. This is why Three Sewars was built to be one of the smallest stadiums ever. This is also why Hienze dump is the SMALLEST OF ALL HOK Stadiums (Stadia is a homo word)

    Sorry to go off on the Steelrs but you gave me the lead in. You are probably wondering how you did that? SImply by posting. I can turn a visit from the Pope into Steelr hate.

    BY they way, did I mention to you that the Steelers blow?

    Their team has a policy of Don't Ask - Don't Kordell.

    A fun but true story....

    After the Colts lost the Superbowl 10 fans welcomed them home at the airport

    After Saints lost the NFCCG in 2006 5000 fans showed up to show their support at the airport at 1 am in freezing weather.....

    @dragon said:

    A fun but true story....

    After the Colts lost the Superbowl 10 fans welcomed them home at the airport

    After Saints lost the NFCCG in 2006 5000 fans showed up to show their support at the airport at 1 am in freezing weather.....

    Whats your idea of "freezing" weather? 60s?

    I think Cleveland fans and New Orleans fans have much different meanings of "Freezing"

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Dragon,

    as cheif hater of Steeler vermin and Raven sputum, I am flattered by your gracious offer. I have always liked the Saints fans and organization. I am jealous that you got your SB before we did, but you guys are ones who understand loyalty. As far as I am concerned, you can even come here and talk smack and you get my respect.

    It takes real fans to stick with a team through the miserable years. IN Pittsburgh fanship has always been fiar weathered. Did you know that in a home game, against the Bengals, back in the 80s, when the Steelers STILl has playoff hopes, although slim, the home attendance in Three Sewars was LESS THAN 28,000?

    It's true. Plus, during the heyday of the Bradshaw era Steelers homegames only averages an attendance of 47,000 throughout the entire period. This is why Three Sewars was built to be one of the smallest stadiums ever. This is also why Hienze dump is the SMALLEST OF ALL HOK Stadiums (Stadia is a homo word)

    Sorry to go off on the Steelrs but you gave me the lead in. You are probably wondering how you did that? SImply by posting. I can turn a visit from the Pope into Steelr hate.

    BY they way, did I mention to you that the Steelers blow?

    Their team has a policy of Don't Ask - Don't Kordell.

    A fun but true story....

    After the Colts lost the Superbowl 10 fans welcomed them home at the airport

    After Saints lost the NFCCG in 2006 5000 fans showed up to show their support at the airport at 1 am in freezing weather.....

    @dragon said:

    A fun but true story....

    After the Colts lost the Superbowl 10 fans welcomed them home at the airport

    After Saints lost the NFCCG in 2006 5000 fans showed up to show their support at the airport at 1 am in freezing weather.....

    Yeah, I didn't understand the Colts fans. Only 10 of them? My God, if the Browns ever made it to the Super Bowl, and lost there would still be a parade here. Hell, I remember after one of the playoff losses to Denver (The Fumble) there were a ton of fans who went to the airport to show support for the Browns, and congratulate them on a good season. I would imagine Saints fans would have done the same, had you lost.

  • @dragon said:

    A fun but true story....

    After the Colts lost the Superbowl 10 fans welcomed them home at the airport

    After Saints lost the NFCCG in 2006 5000 fans showed up to show their support at the airport at 1 am in freezing weather.....

    Yeah, I didn't understand the Colts fans. Only 10 of them? My God, if the Browns ever made it to the Super Bowl, and lost there would still be a parade here. Hell, I remember after one of the playoff losses to Denver (The Fumble) there were a ton of fans who went to the airport to show support for the Browns, and congratulate them on a good season. I would imagine Saints fans would have done the same, had you lost.

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Yeah, I didn't understand the Colts fans. Only 10 of them? My God, if the Browns ever made it to the Super Bowl, and lost there would still be a parade here. Hell, I remember after one of the playoff losses to Denver (The Fumble) there were a ton of fans who went to the airport to show support for the Browns, and congratulate them on a good season. I would imagine Saints fans would have done the same, had you lost.

    Thats how it is in NOLA as well. The parade that followed on Tuesday after the SB win were actually in planning long before. Everyone started planning that one the moment Hartleys kick went through the uprights in the NFCCG. There was going to be a parade - win or lose.

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Yeah, I didn't understand the Colts fans. Only 10 of them? My God, if the Browns ever made it to the Super Bowl, and lost there would still be a parade here. Hell, I remember after one of the playoff losses to Denver (The Fumble) there were a ton of fans who went to the airport to show support for the Browns, and congratulate them on a good season. I would imagine Saints fans would have done the same, had you lost.

    Thats how it is in NOLA as well. The parade that followed on Tuesday after the SB win were actually in planning long before. Everyone started planning that one the moment Hartleys kick went through the uprights in the NFCCG. There was going to be a parade - win or lose.

    @dragon said:

    Thats how it is in NOLA as well. The parade that followed on Tuesday after the SB win were actually in planning long before. Everyone started planning that one the moment Hartleys kick went through the uprights in the NFCCG. There was going to be a parade - win or lose.

    And having Bourbon Street is even more of an incentive to party, LOL! 😆