Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Jon Gruden???

Jon Gruden???

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
20 Posts 17 Posters 3.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • GoBrowns G
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    G GoBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Check it out

    I know it's just a rumor, but I want to hear opinions on changing head coach...again. Personally I think that we will never have a good team if we keep changing the system every few years...getting Jon Gruden is pretty tempting though.

    F 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
      • 3k Posts
      • 241 Reputation
      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
      #2

      This would be sweet.

      Ruining threads since 1897.
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
        • 2k Posts
        • 29 Reputation
        TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'd love it. We would finally have a coach that would be hard to complain about. Keep Rex Ryan, fire the rest (if our failures continue).

        Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
        B 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • next2nothing next2nothingN Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 693 Posts
          • 9 Reputation
          next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I love Gruden's commentary on MNF but why is everyone so in love with him as a coach?

          He inherited Dungy's team, won the Superbowl, then the Bucs went downhill from there.

          Why do you think he's going to suddenly come here and turn us around when he couldn't stop the Bucs from dropping back into mediocrity?

          1 Reply Last reply
          ❤
          Quote Reply
          • GoBrowns G
            • 4 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            G GoBrowns wrote on last edited by
            #5

            It sounds like Gruden likes Mccoy

            Check out the video:

            C 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • G GoBrowns

              It sounds like Gruden likes Mccoy

              Check out the video:

              CLEVELandMILIDH C
              • 2k Posts
              • 52 Reputation
              C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @gobrowns said:

              It sounds like Gruden likes Mccoy

              Check out the video:

              Gruden likes everybody, really, he really likes everybody. Until there on his team.

              I've never heard one player say one good thing about Gruden, but I've heard alot of players say alot of negative things about him. He doesn't impress me at all, I'd rather have Mangini, unless Paul Browns coming back there's nobody I'd rather have.

              1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
              1 Reply Last reply
              ❤
              Quote Reply
              • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

                I'd love it. We would finally have a coach that would be hard to complain about. Keep Rex Ryan, fire the rest (if our failures continue).

                bringbackbrownie2 B
                • 1k Posts
                • 118 Reputation
                B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @theclevelandsound said:

                I'd love it. We would finally have a coach that would be hard to complain about. Keep Rex Ryan, fire the rest (if our failures continue).

                Rex Ryan is the fat arrogant slob in N.Y.. Rob Ryan should stay as Defensive Coordinator..

                TheClevelandSoundT D 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • G GoBrowns

                  Check it out

                  I know it's just a rumor, but I want to hear opinions on changing head coach...again. Personally I think that we will never have a good team if we keep changing the system every few years...getting Jon Gruden is pretty tempting though.

                  Frenchie F Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 605 Posts
                  • 77 Reputation
                  F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @gobrowns said:

                  Check it out

                  I know it's just a rumor, but I want to hear opinions on changing head coach...again. Personally I think that we will never have a good team if we keep changing the system every few years...getting Jon Gruden is pretty tempting though.

                  I don't see it. And it wouldn't make me happy. I used to be a Raider fan during his tenure and I never thought that much of him. Was surprised to see the trade to TB and of course that came back to bite them.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • B bringbackbrownie2

                    @theclevelandsound said:

                    I'd love it. We would finally have a coach that would be hard to complain about. Keep Rex Ryan, fire the rest (if our failures continue).

                    Rex Ryan is the fat arrogant slob in N.Y.. Rob Ryan should stay as Defensive Coordinator..

                    TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 29 Reputation
                    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

                    Rex Ryan is the fat arrogant slob in N.Y.. Rob Ryan should stay as Defensive Coordinator..

                    It's been a late night.

                    Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • miktoxic miktoxicM
                      • 13k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
                      #10

                      he suffers from napolean complex, no thanks.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • KYBROWNSFAN K
                        • 29 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        K KYBROWNSFAN wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        If they change coaches change them all.Since cohwer is to coward to try give chuckie the chance can't be much worse than what we have now

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • B bringbackbrownie2

                          @theclevelandsound said:

                          I'd love it. We would finally have a coach that would be hard to complain about. Keep Rex Ryan, fire the rest (if our failures continue).

                          Rex Ryan is the fat arrogant slob in N.Y.. Rob Ryan should stay as Defensive Coordinator..

                          dymo D
                          • 12 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          D dymo wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @bringbackbrownie2 said:

                          Rex Ryan is the fat arrogant slob in N.Y.. Rob Ryan should stay as Defensive Coordinator..

                          Rex Ryan is a dang good coach. I can't understand keeping Mangini. The guy allows to many stupid costly plays to happen. I hate coaches that have moments of brilliance followed w/ a bonehead decision.

                          As for the twin Rob Ryan, I say promote him to HC. The Ryan's know the game and understand the players. Ryan is the best bet to win, and change the losing spirit. Lets face it the Browns need motivation big time!!!

                          As for Gruden I'd put cash money on him being in Dallas next year. I think its the only Coaching Job the guy will leave his TV contract for. Gruden likes attention, and Dallas would give him just that. Not to mention Gruden's Freudian slip about Dallas on live TV. Where he said something about the changes that he will be making in Dallas.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The330 T
                            • 8 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            T The330 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Gruden will be on ESPN for at least one more year. He really isn't that great of a coach either. I'd much rather look around at assistants in the league for a new HC. No college coaches.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Gips GipsG
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 34 Reputation
                              GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                              #14

                              First off I dont think any of us as fans like the coaching carousel, my thoughts on this issue are pretty straight forward and i could spend literally hours documenting the negatives and why mangini is a bad coach as opposed to the few upsides his less than creative thinking and idiotic and less than idealistic system offer, but im not going to get into it again, i dont like much about the gini even though i try to, a little research on gini goes a long way in understanding why i dislike the coach, enuff said..

                              Ultimately its on heckert and holmgren's heads what they choose to do from here on in and it will possibily impact the club for better or worse for many years to come...

                              I am glad lerner wont be making the choices though and i think heckert is an awesome GM thats observed things for a while now and has come to some determinations about where we are and where we want to go and he is just about ready to roll up his sleeves and get busy...

                              As far as gruden goes he has a lot more upside than mangini but then again a homeless guy from the skids could do a better job of working with the talent we have than mangini does, We need an offensive minded coach first and foremost or at minimal a qualified OC without mangini dictating to him who plays based on his erroneous practice system, the gini is not an offensive guru and needs to accept that and let the OC do his job, brian schottenheimer has plenty to say on that subject, and in reality his groping and strangling of the offense is what likely cost him his job with the jets and under an offensive minded holmgren and heckert likely will cost him his job in cleveland as well...

                              However if we are going to change coaching staffs again, i would want holmgren to chose the right guy for the longhaul someone creative and smart that knows how to win with less than premium talent, makes good decisions and has some balls while building for tomorrow..

                              In holmgren we trust because we must!

                              Do we have a choice?

                              We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • kshutchins K
                                • 951 Posts
                                • 19 Reputation
                                K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I like Mangini and hope he stays. Then again, I thought Belichick was a good coach when he was with the Browns and look what happened to him. Go figure.

                                Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                ❤
                                Quote Reply
                                • 1 more season 1 more season1
                                  • 659 Posts
                                  • 30 Reputation
                                  1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by 1 more season
                                  #16

                                  I don't like always changing coaches but the problem is Mangini is a bad coach sub .500 in his career. He should have been dump last year. He did finish strong but he hasn't built on that finish and were those other teams coasting a bit ( end of the year against a 1-11 team). I love Holmgren but I think he missed the opportunity to change coaches without having an adverse affect on progress.

                                  Gruden is a good coach, he did what "take a dive" Dungey couldn't do with the Bucs. Don't forget what he did for the Raiders before leaving for Tampa.

                                  I doubt he would want to coach in Cleveland though.

                                  Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The330 T
                                    • 8 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    T The330 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    If were going to change coaching staffs better do it soon. Can't keep changing coaches with Mccoy developing at QB. Nothing worse for a young QB is learning a new offense every season.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    ❤
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 270 Reputation
                                      USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by USFBrown
                                      #18

                                      NO NO NOOOOOO!!!!! Let the current regime get their guys in and work it out. We're improving, we've been in every game except the Steelers game. We weren't in that one because they have so many better players than us and they also have a consistent coaching staff.

                                      Maybe dump Daboll, but he has been improving too (as much as it pains me to say). We need to let Mangini and the office get their guys and keep improving. We're on the cusp of winning these close games. If we had some play makers we could easily be a .500 team. I believe that next year we can achieve that.

                                      Plus Gruden SUCKS! I like him as a person and announcer, but not as a head coach.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • bigbaddawgjr bigbaddawgjrB
                                        • 221 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        bigbaddawgjrB bigbaddawgjr wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        I think they should just keep Mangini. Him and Holmgren said don't count too much this season for the team. That they will be competitive in every game. So far they are correct. It's not like we are getting blown out every game. With the talent we don't have , just think what the team would look like with talent. They have a good foundation with McCoy, Mack, Thomas, Steinbach, Vickers, Hillis, Rubin, Fujita, Haden, and Ward. They just need to find more key players in the draft. Lauvo the guard might be good, and hardesty might be good too.

                                        *** GO DAWGS , GO BUCKS , GO CAVS, and GO INDIANS *** *** BUCKEYE's RULE *** *** STEELERS STILL SUCk, and SO DOES OUR GOVERNMENT ***
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                          • 6k Posts
                                          • 221 Reputation
                                          Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Huge Gruden fan. In all fairness, Mangini has done a better job this year. A team with a lot of injuries is at least competing.

                                          Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate