Skip to content

Quarterback situation...

The Browns Board
31 23 2.5k
  • I haven't seen anywhere close to anything from Jake that shows he can lead this team to points in the 2 halves he's played. If they went back to Wallace after the bye I'd be ok with that since he was playing well when he got hurt.

    I'd still rather just let McCoy go the rest of the way. He deserves to be the home starter when we come back after the bye week.

  • Do we keep Colt in for the rest of the season or go back to Seneca/Jake?

    Since we have a bye week there's a chance Jake or Seneca will be healed.

    @carolina-brownie said:

    Do we keep Colt in for the rest of the season or go back to Seneca/Jake?

    Since we have a bye week there's a chance Jake or Seneca will be healed.

    I think it would do Colt some good hitting the bench for a few more games. Now he will be there knowing what happens on a NFL field and think it will do him good to watch a few games.

    The old adage is you don't lose a starting job to an injury, so it won't create a stir to put Colt back as a reserve, and the reality is Colt didn't look as sharp yesterday as he did against Pittsburgh.

    I think some time to reflect and prepare as a former starter will go a long way in his development, then at some point further down the road(this season) let him finish it out unless Jake or Seneca has caught fire and moving the team.

    Expect to see Jake back in control for the Pats...and I sure hope we don't have goofs booing at the introductions.

  • @carolina-brownie said:

    Do we keep Colt in for the rest of the season or go back to Seneca/Jake?

    Since we have a bye week there's a chance Jake or Seneca will be healed.

    I think it would do Colt some good hitting the bench for a few more games. Now he will be there knowing what happens on a NFL field and think it will do him good to watch a few games.

    The old adage is you don't lose a starting job to an injury, so it won't create a stir to put Colt back as a reserve, and the reality is Colt didn't look as sharp yesterday as he did against Pittsburgh.

    I think some time to reflect and prepare as a former starter will go a long way in his development, then at some point further down the road(this season) let him finish it out unless Jake or Seneca has caught fire and moving the team.

    Expect to see Jake back in control for the Pats...and I sure hope we don't have goofs booing at the introductions.

    @ballpeen said:

    Expect to see Jake back in control for the Pats...and I sure hope we don't have goofs booing at the introductions.

    We wont hear boo's with the introductions, but come any interceptions I am afraid we will start hearing them, because that is the nature of the beast with the fans with regards to our QB's and that wont ever change until we have that guy in there that is considered the franchise QB and performing to that lofty tag.

    I also think the playing or benching of Colt after the bye week, could give us a another indication as to what possible plans are for the 1st round pick next year with regards going for one of the other QB's coming out . Though personally looking at upcoming games, can easily see us finishing season 8-8 so our placing in next draft wouldnt be great to grab one of those quality QB's coming out anyway.

    I will be happy with SW going back in and seeing how season starts to finish off, possibly throwing Colt back in last couple of games when nothing left for us to play for. Though think Mangini will go with who he thinks is going to be the one that will make sure he still has a job after this year so Colt quite possibly will be the way forward.

    Kinda hoping Colt will still be in there for the Pats or Jets games as I will be over for them, but will be equally as happy with JD or SW getting us wins in those games

  • Looking forward to seeing you.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Expect to see Jake back in control for the Pats...and I sure hope we don't have goofs booing at the introductions.

    We wont hear boo's with the introductions, but come any interceptions I am afraid we will start hearing them, because that is the nature of the beast with the fans with regards to our QB's and that wont ever change until we have that guy in there that is considered the franchise QB and performing to that lofty tag.

    I also think the playing or benching of Colt after the bye week, could give us a another indication as to what possible plans are for the 1st round pick next year with regards going for one of the other QB's coming out . Though personally looking at upcoming games, can easily see us finishing season 8-8 so our placing in next draft wouldnt be great to grab one of those quality QB's coming out anyway.

    I will be happy with SW going back in and seeing how season starts to finish off, possibly throwing Colt back in last couple of games when nothing left for us to play for. Though think Mangini will go with who he thinks is going to be the one that will make sure he still has a job after this year so Colt quite possibly will be the way forward.

    Kinda hoping Colt will still be in there for the Pats or Jets games as I will be over for them, but will be equally as happy with JD or SW getting us wins in those games

    @kamac19 said:

    We wont hear boo's with the introductions, but come any interceptions I am afraid we will start hearing them, because that is the nature of the beast with the fans with regards to our QB's and that wont ever change until we have that guy in there that is considered the franchise QB and performing to that lofty tag.

    I also think the playing or benching of Colt after the bye week, could give us a another indication as to what possible plans are for the 1st round pick next year with regards going for one of the other QB's coming out . Though personally looking at upcoming games, can easily see us finishing season 8-8 so our placing in next draft wouldnt be great to grab one of those quality QB's coming out anyway.

    I will be happy with SW going back in and seeing how season starts to finish off, possibly throwing Colt back in last couple of games when nothing left for us to play for. Though think Mangini will go with who he thinks is going to be the one that will make sure he still has a job after this year so Colt quite possibly will be the way forward.

    Kinda hoping Colt will still be in there for the Pats or Jets games as I will be over for them, but will be equally as happy with JD or SW getting us wins in those games

    i think we can winout! playoffs baby!!!!!!!!!! or 8-8 at the worst only 2 losses the rest of the way maybe by the pats and dolphins.

    i honestly think were as good as shittsburg and better then the turd birds and bengals will be at the bottom at the end of the season Woof Woof Woof!

    wait till next year when we go after lots of offense in the off season.

  • Seems like Colt's earned his starting job.

  • I think that it will go back to the way it was after everyone is healthy and I mean 100% healthy. I would like to see Colt keep starting but I don't think it will happen.

  • I think that it will go back to the way it was after everyone is healthy and I mean 100% healthy. I would like to see Colt keep starting but I don't think it will happen.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    I think that it will go back to the way it was after everyone is healthy and I mean 100% healthy. I would like to see Colt keep starting but I don't think it will happen.

    As said before, guys usually don't lose their starting position to injury unless the sub comes in and really lights it up....and that hasn't happened.

    His QB rating this last game was 68....hardly anything great.

    That isn't a knock on him, he is learning AND DOING SOME GOOD THINGS, but now probably isn't the time to hitch the wagon to that horse.

  • just playing the devil's advocate here, Colt really didn't do much at all in the saints game. Defense and special teams won that game. I did think he threw a really nice deep ball on PI call, but other than the fact he didn't turn it over he didn't do anything. You can probably attribute that to the offensive game plan maybe but still. I'm really excited to see what he can do, but trust me he needs time. The offense will be better with Jake or Seneca at this point while the WR's develop and the defense gets stronger. Next season, the defense is fired up and ready and Colt is ready too

  • I am ok if Jake starts now but I want to see Colt play a game in bad winter weather before the season ends.

  • I think Colt has to keep starting. He has started against two of the top teams in the NFL and done pretty good. He was pressured constantly yesterday especially on the right side of the line. He didn't throw any interceptions. Why bench the kid and put Jake or Seneca in? These guys are stop gap measures. Let the rookie play out the season, get real playing experience.