Skip to content

Quarterback situation...

The Browns Board
31 23 2.5k
  • Do we keep Colt in for the rest of the season or go back to Seneca/Jake?

    Since we have a bye week there's a chance Jake or Seneca will be healed.

  • If we do anything.. I say Seneca... More mobile that Delhomme. But I'm impressed with Colt.. not that he is lighting up the boards with stats and TD's.. but he has pose and looks good in the pocket... hasn't made the mistakes and throwing INT's when under pressure.. If the O Line can give him some time.. maybe we can throw down field and see what he has.. but I do like his accuracy... he was pretty much spot on with the deep ball to Cribbs early on..

    We just need to do more of that..

  • I think Colt has earned the starting position. The kid has gonads. He throws accurately, and is smart. Keep him in. I think he may be here for awhile.

  • I agree, if anything I say put Wallace back in. He can run with the ball and is a pretty good passer. We need to get rid of Jake at the end of the season.

  • Keep in mind 3 possessions started inside our 20 and, with the lead, it was right to play conservative. Also, the early pass interference call might have been a Brown's TD had no penalty occurred. That ball was well thrown. Then there are the dropped passes. I say all that to suggest Colt continue to start. No mistakes and getting rid of the ball or running to avoid sacks equals good football sense.

  • Also, eventually Colt should stay as the starter and keep Wallace as a backup. He is a solid QB and I wouldn't be nervous if we had to put him in.

  • Hate to be "that guy" but start Colt the rest of the season. Give it to the "hot" hand. He has proven the game isn't too big for him and even his managing the game is a better alternative to the other(s). If we have to start someone else, Wallace is the way to go.

  • Leave COLT In if he doenst do well bye Half make a Change Put wallace In I think colt will be fine.

  • Why not play the best quarterback on the team? Give him more experience and reps so he can come in next year and light it up (with our newly draft WR).

  • I'm glad I don't have to be the one to make the decision. Tough call IMO.

  • I'm glad I don't have to be the one to make the decision. Tough call IMO.

    @kshutchins said:

    I'm glad I don't have to be the one to make the decision. Tough call IMO.

    Your right there, as if we put the other guys back in and they start to play bad, no matter what we say, we will start asking for Colt to come back in, and tht is a situation that we dont wont to see happen again, so unless MH or EM come out during bye week and just say straight up that Colt is back onto the bench with clip board to continue his progression going to be a hard call

  • I can see Colt starting. If we can play defense like we did today the rest of the season. Why not keep him in.

    Not to make comparisons to the rapist, but Rapelisburger had similar stats his rookie season with a great defense. Hey give him all the shit you want but he's got the ring.

    Hell maybe Colt could win 8 in a row?

  • What we think doesnt matter, but im for finding out if colt is "The Real Deal" McCoy, he has been very poised for a rookie and earned the right imo against 2 tough teams, and coming away with a win in one!

    But the gini will likely restore the natural order of things in 2 weeks, jake(1) seneca(2) mccoy(3)..just a gut feeling...🙂

  • What we think doesnt matter, but im for finding out if colt is "The Real Deal" McCoy, he has been very poised for a rookie and earned the right imo against 2 tough teams, and coming away with a win in one!

    But the gini will likely restore the natural order of things in 2 weeks, jake(1) seneca(2) mccoy(3)..just a gut feeling...🙂

    @gips said:

    What we think doesnt matter, but im for finding out if colt is "The Real Deal" McCoy, he has been very poised for a rookie and earned the right imo against 2 tough teams, and coming away with a win in one!

    But the gini will likely restore the natural order of things in 2 weeks, jake(1) seneca(2) mccoy(3)..just a gut feeling...🙂

    I'm thinking that Holmgren will be involved in this decision. He's the quarterback guru. With both a guru and a "gini" on our side, how can we miss?

  • I wuz at the game so maybe I got confiused............but to me Colt was clearly an inch taller with way better field vision

  • I would like to see Colt start the rest of the season but the next two games feature the Jets and Pats and I'd like to see him get through that first.

    I think that there is a little bit of a problem comparing Colt with Seneca (I don't think Jake sees the field again). The playcalling with Colt in the game is different because they're trying to limit what he has to do and how much risk they're putting him in. I am not saying that the playcalling should be any different. I think you're trying to protect the kid a little bit.

    The question really should be "Who gives the team the best chance to win?". If it's Colt, then that's great because you also get him experience and you get to see what he can do. I think that Colt has shown me enough to say he deserves to keep starting. No, the numbers aren't gawdy but today's 9 for 16 could have been 11 for 16 (and more than a few more yards) if Vickers holds on to the ball. Colt has shown us toughness and selflessness (in receiving the Hillis pass). He's made good decisions. Today was our first game without a turnover. I know Seneca is athletic but I really like Colt's athleticism too. Colt seems to make more things happen when he's on the move (my opinion). He has shown me a lot of accuracy. He had the one overthrow today but otherwise, he's been on the money. His arm strength seems adequate.

    If we could work in Figurs or Michell in some small way just to have some speed on the field...that might open things up even more for Colt. He can't do it alone but he's held up his end each of the last two weeks.

  • I think we have to go with Colt the rest of the way. Jake is finished I think. Seneca can be the backup or guy that we bring in if Colt struggles against someone. We don't want his confidence to get destroyed so if he's have a rough start, we can bring Wallace in to finish up.

  • I still cant believe he looks like he he 15, but he has shown some balls. He made a couple of throws that went out of bounds today day that would have been a pick last year from DA or Quinn. He just seems like he is comfortable out there. He will get better stepping up in the pocket. One other thing that was great today is that we didnt have to use the WildDawg at all. Our coaches trusted Colt to get er done. Keep Colt in there and just tailor the O for him. With Hills and Hardesty next year and a really good playmaker WR via draft or freeagency, we will be in good hands.

  • i'm a McCoy fan, but i don't seeing him manufacturing points (yet) the way that Jake can. i'm fine with whatever Coach Mangini decides. i think this is Jake's team after the bye week.

  • i'm a McCoy fan, but i don't seeing him manufacturing points (yet) the way that Jake can. i'm fine with whatever Coach Mangini decides. i think this is Jake's team after the bye week.

    @roach said:

    i'm a McCoy fan, but i don't seeing him manufacturing points (yet) the way that Jake can. i'm fine with whatever Coach Mangini decides. i think this is Jake's team after the bye week.

    Delhomme owns the factory which manufactures interceptions.

    I agree Delhomme can move the offense better, but he also creates more turn overs which overall makes him worse than McCoy at this point. Let McCoy develop this year, Delhomme won't be around here as long as McCoy will be here.