Skip to content

James Davis Waived

The Browns Board
46 26 4.5k
  • @kosar_for_president said:

    I have a Phil Dawson jersey from '99 that is completely faded and now fits my 9 year old niece, jk. But really James Davis? Dude, I guarantee you are the guy at Walmart that buys everything while standing in line. Glasses repair kit, check. Batteries, check. Some nasty flavor of Pringles, check. James Davis jersey, check.

    I guarantee you that you are wrong.

    I bought a James Davis jersey because I am from South Carolina and I saw him play at Clemson his entire career and loved him. Even though I hate Clemson.

    And I also never really bought it, my girlfriend at the time got it for me for my birthday. She also bought me a Quinn jersey. She also cheated on me. She's also a dumb whore.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I guarantee you that you are wrong.

    I bought a James Davis jersey because I am from South Carolina and I saw him play at Clemson his entire career and loved him. Even though I hate Clemson.

    And I also never really bought it, my girlfriend at the time got it for me for my birthday. She also bought me a Quinn jersey. She also cheated on me. She's also a dumb whore.

    Don't hate on your girl. I don't and she loves me for it. Just Sayin'

  • Usf....grudge posting is soooooooo beneath u.....lol

    U finally get something right and now your beating ur chest like ur the man. Great job....you're in the same league as shep. I bet ur so proud....lmao

  • I hate to say I told you so.

    James Davis was all wrong for this team. I'm still ALL for a Hillis + Bush backfield this offseason.

    @secondwave said:

    I hate to say I told you so.

    James Davis was all wrong for this team. I'm still ALL for a Hillis + Bush backfield this offseason.

    Just wait till Shanahan gets ahold of him! Just sayin'...

  • He's a Skin now!

    Watchout, dudes. You know what happens when Shanahan gets one of "those" backs in the zone blocking scheme...

    Congrats on the win over the Saints and thanks for the new pony!

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I guarantee you that you are wrong.

    I bought a James Davis jersey because I am from South Carolina and I saw him play at Clemson his entire career and loved him. Even though I hate Clemson.

    And I also never really bought it, my girlfriend at the time got it for me for my birthday. She also bought me a Quinn jersey. She also cheated on me. She's also a dumb whore.

    Don't hate on your girl. I don't and she loves me for it. Just Sayin'

    @dawgpound3 said:

    Don't hate on your girl. I don't and she loves me for it. Just Sayin'

    You can have her. She's tarnished goods now.

    You always buy your goods used?

  • Dumb move. We should have taken advantage of James Davis while we had a chance.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Dumb move. We should have taken advantage of James Davis while we had a chance.

    The coaches tried to take advantage of his skills. They certainly didn't draft him just so they could cut him.

    He was frequently injured. He couldn't (maybe wouldn't) find a role on special teams. Was a poor blocker. Rushing stats were not good.

    The coaches would have had to make silk from a sow's ear for this guy to be a contributing member of the team.

  • He's a Skin now!

    Watchout, dudes. You know what happens when Shanahan gets one of "those" backs in the zone blocking scheme...

    Congrats on the win over the Saints and thanks for the new pony!

    @shanahallen said:

    He's a Skin now!

    Watchout, dudes. You know what happens when Shanahan gets one of "those" backs in the zone blocking scheme...

    Congrats on the win over the Saints and thanks for the new pony!

    I don't know if you are serious or joking, but you made me think about his going to the Skins. This move is the best thing that could have happened for Davis. Shanny likes those 6th and 7th round picks and has been very successful with them --- just ask Hillis.

  • I believe the browns run a zone blocking scheme quite similar to Shannahans. If Davis produces I will be surprised.

  • Usf....grudge posting is soooooooo beneath u.....lol

    U finally get something right and now your beating ur chest like ur the man. Great job....you're in the same league as shep. I bet ur so proud....lmao

    @choco said:

    Usf....grudge posting is soooooooo beneath u.....lol

    U finally get something right and now your beating ur chest like ur the man. Great job....you're in the same league as shep. I bet ur so proud....lmao

    I just wanted to share the same disrespect and immaturity you displayed when you don't agree with someone's opinion or post.

  • I believe the browns run a zone blocking scheme quite similar to Shannahans. If Davis produces I will be surprised.

    @steel88 said:

    I believe the browns run a zone blocking scheme quite similar to Shannahans. If Davis produces I will be surprised.

    Two words: "Ryan Torain."

    Your response: "Who?"

    My reply: "Exactly."

  • @steel88 said:

    I believe the browns run a zone blocking scheme quite similar to Shannahans. If Davis produces I will be surprised.

    Two words: "Ryan Torain."

    Your response: "Who?"

    My reply: "Exactly."

    @shanahallen said:

    Two words: "Ryan Torain."

    Your response: "Who?"

    My reply: "Exactly."

    Lol Ryan torain was drafted by the broncos while shanny was there. Then he was cut by the broncos and signed by washington who then cut him as well. Apparently shannahan didnt see enough then to keep him around over portis, williams or simpson. Shannahan got lucky

    Ill stick by what Ive seen Davis gets knocked over by arm tackles. If he becomes anything more I will be surprised

  • davis.jpg
  • Shanahan didn't cut Torain. He drafted him but Ryan got hurt. The McDaniel's administration then cut him (after Shanny got fired).

    One of the first things he did was to acquire Torain for the Skins. The fans went "Huh?"

    Obviously Mike Shanahan knows about unheralded RBs...

    In Shanny we trust! I'm glad the kid is getting a shot. I just read about how he got hurt in that practice "incident" w/out shoulder pads.

    Ten teams supposedly wanted James but he signed with Washington because of the Shanny mystique. I think the pic above says everything you need to know...