US fans were right.
-
I do not recall one safety blitz sundays game, and I'm sure there were maybe a few corner blitzes but I don't recall any either.
This being said, have we found a new defense with the 0-1 lineman on third and mid to long situations?
I remember 2 plays where TJ Ward made a great read, jumping Drew's route and he dropped those two INTs, and Abe Elam dropped the easy pic on the first series.
We also didn't get beat deep against a very above average receiving corp.
Sunday's game showed promise for the upcoming Patriots game.
-
I do not recall one safety blitz sundays game, and I'm sure there were maybe a few corner blitzes but I don't recall any either.
This being said, have we found a new defense with the 0-1 lineman on third and mid to long situations?
I remember 2 plays where TJ Ward made a great read, jumping Drew's route and he dropped those two INTs, and Abe Elam dropped the easy pic on the first series.
We also didn't get beat deep against a very above average receiving corp.
Sunday's game showed promise for the upcoming Patriots game.
I do not recall one safety blitz sundays game, and I'm sure there were maybe a few corner blitzes but I don't recall any either.
This being said, have we found a new defense with the 0-1 lineman on third and mid to long situations?
I remember 2 plays where TJ Ward made a great read, jumping Drew's route and he dropped those two INTs, and Abe Elam dropped the easy pic on the first series.
We also didn't get beat deep against a very above average receiving corp.
Sunday's game showed promise for the upcoming Patriots game.
I did see one safety blitz and he blitzed from the safety position (aka not from the line). Drew saw it and completed the pass. I was mad.
But I only saw one and I agree with everything you said. It was a lot of fun and very cool to see the defense hawk around and not show who's blitzing. Dropping the lineman was awesome too!
Loved the play calling from all around.
-
Here is to hoping we can keep it up!
The defense was just awesome and totally unpredictable, its proof to me that this regime is an ongoing project with much more creativity than i had given credit for on both sides of the ball...
Daboll done a great job of scheming offensive management with our rookie colt as well...
And colt looks like he could be something special, so disciplined and poised out there!
I am looking forward to the second half of the season but man im looking much more forward to next years draft!

-
I am liking your change in heart Gips. Welcome to the faithful.

-
I do not recall one safety blitz sundays game, and I'm sure there were maybe a few corner blitzes but I don't recall any either.
This being said, have we found a new defense with the 0-1 lineman on third and mid to long situations?
I remember 2 plays where TJ Ward made a great read, jumping Drew's route and he dropped those two INTs, and Abe Elam dropped the easy pic on the first series.
We also didn't get beat deep against a very above average receiving corp.
Sunday's game showed promise for the upcoming Patriots game.
I did see one safety blitz and he blitzed from the safety position (aka not from the line). Drew saw it and completed the pass. I was mad.
But I only saw one and I agree with everything you said. It was a lot of fun and very cool to see the defense hawk around and not show who's blitzing. Dropping the lineman was awesome too!
Loved the play calling from all around.
I did see one safety blitz and he blitzed from the safety position (aka not from the line). Drew saw it and completed the pass. I was mad.
But I only saw one and I agree with everything you said. It was a lot of fun and very cool to see the defense hawk around and not show who's blitzing. Dropping the lineman was awesome too!
Loved the play calling from all around.
Yeah, i mean in moderation it makes a lot more sense, but i don't like the blitz from 10 yards deep either.
And It made TJ look like a big time ballhalk, which compliments his hard hitting/run stopping aspect of being a safety.
-
Kudos gips! U don't gotta chug the koolaide man but nice to see ya may come around.
An effective rebuild should be showing signs around thus time....win or lose, competitive football is much better and easier to watch than being a doormat. These guys play hard, the wins will come with a few more pieces and experience. There's alot of new faces....once they gel watch the xxxx out!
-
There were no safety blitzes because Ward doesn't have it yet from the neck up and Elam doesn't have it from the neck down. Rob Ryan was probably reminded by Mangini that he isn't playing with Rex's players...he's playing with Browns players.
The "UFO" defense with 0-1 down linemen was used by the Jets in 2007 and 2008 specifically against the Pats so I would imagine it came from the head coach.
-
i dont care to much for the ufo defense; but it does come into play in certain situations that makes it work.
-
Isn't this the same scheme that was used to destroy pittsburgh last year?
-
i dont care to much for the ufo defense; but it does come into play in certain situations that makes it work.
i dont care to much for the ufo defense; but it does come into play in certain situations that makes it work.
Agreed. It's not a good first down defense but the key on Sunday was we were winning first down on defense and putting them into obvious pass situations where it's invaluable.
The way to beat it is to quick snap and run the ball. Don't want to get too cute with it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login