Skip to content

Switch to 4-3?

The Browns Board
20 15 1.8k
  • The linebackers we have are much more athletic than the D-linemen. This has always been the case, even when we ran a 4-3.

    There is no "magic" solution to any defensive issue. If there was, Rob Ryan would have figured it out long ago.

  • Both have their ups and downs but overall i like the 3-4 a bit better, the biggest problem with a 3-4 is finding the right guys across the board to man it but once done, look out! hehehehe

  • Great idea,

    After your defense dismantled the Saints, the Browns need to be retooled so you can climb up in the draft. I mean we can't have your franchise winning now can we, I don't think the ERs in Cleveland would be prepared for all the heart attacks that could cause.

  • it's the one and only thing your team does well and has done well the last couple of years. why would you want to change it?

    oh yeah, forgot who i was speaking to.

  • Great idea,

    After your defense dismantled the Saints, the Browns need to be retooled so you can climb up in the draft. I mean we can't have your franchise winning now can we, I don't think the ERs in Cleveland would be prepared for all the heart attacks that could cause.

    Endymion said:

    Great idea,

    After your defense dismantled the Saints, the Browns need to be retooled so you can climb up in the draft. I mean we can't have your franchise winning now can we, I don't think the ERs in Cleveland would be prepared for all the heart attacks that could cause.

    they really didnt run the 3-4 very much at all against the saints

    there were a lot of packages with only 1 or 2 defensive linemen, 4 or 5 LBs and lots and lots of DBs

  • Lmao some of you guys need to relax. I said "I'm not saying we do this".

    Simply a thought of what the D would look like if we WERE to switch to the 4-3.

  • Your guys D is why u have a good team. You have the personel to run it, esp the LB's. Its a little different from ours, but that doesn't meqn its worse. Rob R. is making a name for himself, hopefully he doesn't get offers to become a HC too soon for the Browns sake. With McCoy in place at the QB pos. I see good things for the Browns. Seriously, u can see the change and discipline. I'm getting a little off track here, but its exciting to see u guys turning around.

  • I dont want to switch but I will say this...

    When only a few teams ran 3-4, it was much easier to find the parts to run it which in some ways are far more specific than that of the 4-3 personnel. Now, with more teams running 3-4, I was wondering if the 4-3 parts are easier to find.

    For example, now, when a prototypical 3-4 nose tackle comes out, every 3-4 team is tripping over themselves to get him.

  • I'm not saying we do it, but has anyone ever thought about this? This defense has a lot of potential. Especially the run D.

    I mean, Shaun Rogers is better with 4-3 seeing as how he's a 3-tech tackle.

    Thoughts?

    @secondwave said:

    I'm not saying we do it, but has anyone ever thought about this? This defense has a lot of potential. Especially the run D.

    I mean, Shaun Rogers is better with 4-3 seeing as how he's a 3-tech tackle.

    Thoughts?

    Oh my a revelation................and someday we will moslty recoginze here that

    Shaun Rogers is what he is USELESS

    meanwhile................

    we never had the people to go 3-4 and I am glad you finally recognized this after three years

  • @secondwave said:

    I'm not saying we do it, but has anyone ever thought about this? This defense has a lot of potential. Especially the run D.

    I mean, Shaun Rogers is better with 4-3 seeing as how he's a 3-tech tackle.

    Thoughts?

    Oh my a revelation................and someday we will moslty recoginze here that

    Shaun Rogers is what he is USELESS

    meanwhile................

    we never had the people to go 3-4 and I am glad you finally recognized this after three years

    @rich4eagle said:

    Oh my a revelation................and someday we will moslty recoginze here that

    Shaun Rogers is what he is USELESS

    meanwhile................

    we never had the people to go 3-4 and I am glad you finally recognized this after three years

    That's not true. Kenyon Coleman is a straight 5-technique, Rubin is a great 0-technique and Shaun Rogers can be whatever the hell he wants to be. The problem is the "wants" part. Shaun Rogers is a great 0-technique until he decides to play 1-gap and give up 55 yards to Michael Turner on one play. Sheldon Brown makes a great 3-4 corner if only he were just a little faster but that would burn him in the 4-3 too. Matt Roth is coming on as a rush backer and David Bowens still plays ILB well. Scott Fujita just made ten friggin' tackles in this defense.