Skip to content

Power Rankings

The Browns Board
7 7 887
  • When then ESPN NFL Power rankings come out will the Browns be ranked ahead of horrible teams like the Cowboys, Vikes, Broncos and Bengals? So far they haven't been. And those teams are a mess. The bias by the press has to end eventually. I know those rankings don't mean much but it's annoying that there is the assumption that the Browns are alway bad. (I'm guilty of this myself) Just trying to be a bit more positive from now on.

  • One of the better power rankings is Jeff Sagarin's. He has his own website and a column in USA Today.

  • When then ESPN NFL Power rankings come out will the Browns be ranked ahead of horrible teams like the Cowboys, Vikes, Broncos and Bengals? So far they haven't been. And those teams are a mess. The bias by the press has to end eventually. I know those rankings don't mean much but it's annoying that there is the assumption that the Browns are alway bad. (I'm guilty of this myself) Just trying to be a bit more positive from now on.

    @1-more-season said:

    When then ESPN NFL Power rankings come out will the Browns be ranked ahead of horrible teams like the Cowboys, Vikes, Broncos and Bengals? So far they haven't been. And those teams are a mess. The bias by the press has to end eventually. I know those rankings don't mean much but it's annoying that there is the assumption that the Browns are alway bad. (I'm guilty of this myself) Just trying to be a bit more positive from now on.

    The power rankings are silly, but this season it's probably anybody's guess as to where things fall. It seems parity is the theme more than ever.

    There probably isn't much difference between #17 & #32 this year. Chicago, for instance, was 3-0, and now they look seriously flawed. Buffalo is 0-7, and can probably hang with half the league. The whole NFC is wide open, although the NY Giants appear to be kicking it up a notch the last month. Who would have thought the KC-Oakland game would mean so much this week in the AFC West.

    It's going to be an interesting November/December. Vegas oddsmakers are probably scratching their heads.

  • @1-more-season said:

    When then ESPN NFL Power rankings come out will the Browns be ranked ahead of horrible teams like the Cowboys, Vikes, Broncos and Bengals? So far they haven't been. And those teams are a mess. The bias by the press has to end eventually. I know those rankings don't mean much but it's annoying that there is the assumption that the Browns are alway bad. (I'm guilty of this myself) Just trying to be a bit more positive from now on.

    The power rankings are silly, but this season it's probably anybody's guess as to where things fall. It seems parity is the theme more than ever.

    There probably isn't much difference between #17 & #32 this year. Chicago, for instance, was 3-0, and now they look seriously flawed. Buffalo is 0-7, and can probably hang with half the league. The whole NFC is wide open, although the NY Giants appear to be kicking it up a notch the last month. Who would have thought the KC-Oakland game would mean so much this week in the AFC West.

    It's going to be an interesting November/December. Vegas oddsmakers are probably scratching their heads.

    @bob806 said:

    The power rankings are silly, but this season it's probably anybody's guess as to where things fall. It seems parity is the theme more than ever.

    There probably isn't much difference between #17 & #32 this year. Chicago, for instance, was 3-0, and now they look seriously flawed. Buffalo is 0-7, and can probably hang with half the league. The whole NFC is wide open, although the NY Giants appear to be kicking it up a notch the last month. Who would have thought the KC-Oakland game would mean so much this week in the AFC West.

    It's going to be an interesting November/December. Vegas oddsmakers are probably scratching their heads.

    It is a weird NFL year isn't it?

  • I gave you the only power rankings that matter when I listed here in another post which teams were in line to make the playoffs.

    Beyond that, we are just listing the draft order.

  • We are #26 in this weeks power rankings (highest all season).

  • Florio (I know, I know) ranks you at 21, ahead of the Queens, Cowboys, Broncos, Bills, Panthers, Bengals, 49'ers, Lions, Chargers, Cards, and the Jags.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ings/?related=1