Skip to content

Redskins work out QBs JaMarcus Russell, J.P. Losman?

The Browns Board
5 5 660
  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell worked out with the Washington Redskins on Tuesday, just three days after Donovan McNabb was benched in the closing minutes of a loss to the Lions.

    The Redskins routinely invite out-of-work players for workouts on Tuesdays.

    Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft, was released in May after three disappointing seasons with the Raiders.

    The Redskins also worked out quarterback J.P. Losman; nose tackle William Joseph; defensive end Charles Grant; defensive backs Tye Hill, Justin Miller and Sha'reff Rashad, and receivers Chad Jackson, Bobby Williams and Taurus Johnson.

    I am sure Shanahan is feeling the pressure since the cowboys suck balls.

  • next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
    #2

    All I know is that the reason Shanahan gave for benching McNabb was piss poor and there has to be something else going on behind the scenes.

    You don't bench a proven, winning, QB like McNabb for Rex Grossman when your team has a chance to win the game.

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #3

    First of let me say the McNabb is a very good QB but he may be a bit overrated much like Romo. This has been my opinion for a while and I would hate to agree with T.O. but he did choke before or should I say regurgitate in the Superbowl.

    Shanahan doesn't put up with BS so I'm sure the reason for the benching is good. He either didn't have it physically or mentally. Remember he had that whole not understanding overtime thing.

    Rush may have been right.

  • First of let me say the McNabb is a very good QB but he may be a bit overrated much like Romo. This has been my opinion for a while and I would hate to agree with T.O. but he did choke before or should I say regurgitate in the Superbowl.

    Shanahan doesn't put up with BS so I'm sure the reason for the benching is good. He either didn't have it physically or mentally. Remember he had that whole not understanding overtime thing.

    Rush may have been right.

    L longhorn wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @1-more-season said:

    First of let me say the McNabb is a very good QB but he may be a bit overrated much like Romo. This has been my opinion for a while and I would hate to agree with T.O. but he did choke before or should I say regurgitate in the Superbowl.

    Shanahan doesn't put up with BS so I'm sure the reason for the benching is good. He either didn't have it physically or mentally. Remember he had that whole not understanding overtime thing.

    Rush may have been right.

    Granted McNabb may not be the brightest QB to ever play the game, but Grossman!!!!!! C'mon man!!!! If swapping Grossman for McNabb at that point in the game was a reflection of mental aptitude the only person's lack of brainpower highlighted was Shanahan's. Shanahan's move put him in the same conversation circle as Wade Phillips and Brad "Chili" Childress. It was DUMB, DUMB, DUMB in my opinion. Over the years Shanahan overthinks things at times and his brain short circuits. This was a classic case of that happening. His pride will never let him admit he was wrong and then he lies about why he did it.

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Shanahan is riding the coat tails of championship teams built around John Elway. He had done little before and little since. I'm not saying that he can't coach but when you come out and change your story about why you benched a guy who has played in five NFC Championships and a Super Bowl you come off with LESS credibility.

    For all of the BS maneuvering of Shanahan and Childress in the media this week I can't help but think it reinforces the double standard. Last year, Mangini was roasted for not naming a starting QB and it was all about Mangini can't make decisions or he's being petty. Well, who's petty now?