Skip to content

The Browns are on the Upswing

The Browns Board
23 15 2.2k
  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Im with Zombo on this one its gonna be the upset of the week and thats not me bein biasied because im a browns fan

  • The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @rich4eagle said:

    The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    My personal motto is "Expect to Win"

    Never expect to lose.

    Now, I know what you are saying....there is a good chance we might lose the game, but I am preparing to win...and honestly think we will. The Pats and Browns always play close games....and close games bring the underdog in to things in a big way.

    In this match-up, you are possibly better off being the underdog. I can remember many games where we were big favorites and barely won or lost. Seems we tied a crappy Patriots team some years back.....for me, some years back can mean 25 or more. πŸ˜‰

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #4

    rich is probaly right on this one.

    ....although a win will garner quite a bit of respect coupled with the saints victory.

  • The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @rich4eagle said:

    The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    Why do you refer to the Browns as "us" if your a pissburgh fan first?

  • The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @rich4eagle said:

    The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    I Agree Rich. AFC North will be Getting Interesting.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    Why do you refer to the Browns as "us" if your a pissburgh fan first?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Why do you refer to the Browns as "us" if your a pissburgh fan first?

    I don't care what you and some others think, Rich is a Browns fan.

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Why do you refer to the Browns as "us" if your a pissburgh fan first?

    I don't care what you and some others think, Rich is a Browns fan.

    S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't care what you and some others think, Rich is a Browns fan.

    Only when they win and the steelers lose.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    Why do you refer to the Browns as "us" if your a pissburgh fan first?

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
    #9

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Why do you refer to the Browns as "us" if your a pissburgh fan first?

    The last game they played in they lost, and the last game the Browns played in they won.

    So Rich4currentwinner posts with us.

  • The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @rich4eagle said:

    The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    I started getting really good vibes that we were going to play tough on Sunday. I hope Holmgren's stupidass press conference of pretty much tossing his towel into the coaching ring next sesaon doesn't effect our play. They were playing hard for Mangini we just don't have the offensive weapons (WR's). Holmgren needs to stay the course and stay retired.

  • C Carolina Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Don't care about rankings at all. I just wanted to win some freakin ball games. Simple.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    My personal motto is "Expect to Win"

    Never expect to lose.

    Now, I know what you are saying....there is a good chance we might lose the game, but I am preparing to win...and honestly think we will. The Pats and Browns always play close games....and close games bring the underdog in to things in a big way.

    In this match-up, you are possibly better off being the underdog. I can remember many games where we were big favorites and barely won or lost. Seems we tied a crappy Patriots team some years back.....for me, some years back can mean 25 or more. πŸ˜‰

    brnfan16B brnfan16 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @ballpeen said:

    My personal motto is "Expect to Win"

    Never expect to lose.

    Now, I know what you are saying....there is a good chance we might lose the game, but I am preparing to win...and honestly think we will. The Pats and Browns always play close games....and close games bring the underdog in to things in a big way.

    In this match-up, you are possibly better off being the underdog. I can remember many games where we were big favorites and barely won or lost. Seems we tied a crappy Patriots team some years back.....for me, some years back can mean 25 or more. πŸ˜‰

    I like your motto. You can't be in this business and train, study and sweat and then have the mindset of we'll try but will probably lose. Every Sunday a team steps up and knocks off a favorite pick team. I do think back when we took out the Pats in a 94' playoff game with Vinny T. the QB then.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    The Browns have moved to 24 on the NFL power list according to USA Today. Although lower tier we are moving up the scale after being bottom feeders for a few years. I expect us to lose to NE but a good showing will not have us moving lower. I do expect as the season winds down we do a little better and improve in power rankings into the teens.

    Go Browns, make an emphasis on getting some skill players on offense in the off season and the draft and we will be ready to rock and roll next year.

    I started getting really good vibes that we were going to play tough on Sunday. I hope Holmgren's stupidass press conference of pretty much tossing his towel into the coaching ring next sesaon doesn't effect our play. They were playing hard for Mangini we just don't have the offensive weapons (WR's). Holmgren needs to stay the course and stay retired.

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @atenears said:

    I started getting really good vibes that we were going to play tough on Sunday. I hope Holmgren's stupidass press conference of pretty much tossing his towel into the coaching ring next sesaon doesn't effect our play. They were playing hard for Mangini we just don't have the offensive weapons (WR's). Holmgren needs to stay the course and stay retired.

    Holmgren's starting to piss me off with this, "If i'm in a suit or not" bs. Just shut your yap and let Mangini concentrate on winning and not losing his job. It's gotta be an added stress to know your boss may want to take your job. If he becomes both Headcoach and GM... I don't even want to think about that.

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Here's a quote from Chris Mortensen's chat today:

    What in the world can the Browns do to get back on track?

    Chris Mortensen

    (11:57 AM)

    The Browns have played very well in the majority of their games. It's clear that they have very marginal skill talent at QB, WR and RB. They don't have the playmakers. It's a well-coached team.

  • @atenears said:

    I started getting really good vibes that we were going to play tough on Sunday. I hope Holmgren's stupidass press conference of pretty much tossing his towel into the coaching ring next sesaon doesn't effect our play. They were playing hard for Mangini we just don't have the offensive weapons (WR's). Holmgren needs to stay the course and stay retired.

    Holmgren's starting to piss me off with this, "If i'm in a suit or not" bs. Just shut your yap and let Mangini concentrate on winning and not losing his job. It's gotta be an added stress to know your boss may want to take your job. If he becomes both Headcoach and GM... I don't even want to think about that.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @usfbrown said:

    Holmgren's starting to piss me off with this, "If i'm in a suit or not" bs. Just shut your yap and let Mangini concentrate on winning and not losing his job. It's gotta be an added stress to know your boss may want to take your job. If he becomes both Headcoach and GM... I don't even want to think about that.

    I thought his press conference was positive for Mangini. Holmgren said something like "I will not base the decision (of whether or not to fire Mangini at end of season) solely on wins and losses, I will look at the big picture." It sounds to me like he likes what he sees and is giving Mangini a chance. All this suit and no suit crap was drug up time and time again by reporters. Remember, the media (not Holmgren) hates Mangini and wants him to fail..

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Zombo said:

    You are wrong again, we will wax New England.

    Zombo

    It's nice to be wrong in this case..... Zombo you must have sold your soul to the devil to call this one. Props.

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by rich4eagle
    #17

    Well, I called the turnaround of the Browns when we dumped the Sewage Disposal system. I never criticized bringing in Mangini he is by far the best coach we have had since the franchise came back. I praised the hiring of Heckert and the moves he made and summarily stated so that he was improving personnel. I liked the hiring of Holmgren and stated so but was and am still worried about his ego.

    I was triumphant in applause to the drafting of Colt McCoy whom I proclaimed a winner on draft day. That is moving nicely to prove me correctomundo once more.

    I have been a Browns fans longer than most of you have been alive...........samo Steelers..........so the assholes zip those comments

    The Browns are back................and yes..........by all intelligent indications they likely would have lost today

    I am enthralled they won.............and convincingly.......the thrashed a good team

    Two weeks in row............that is two trashing this year as opposed to NONE for seven years........

    Now for all i am glad I was wrong in saying we will likely lose................I did not however NOT predict we would lose........I said likely which any sane person would

    Rich usually gets it................and I am so glad I was one of the first to say back when we had shed the shit and finally were moving to be what the Browns were about

    there are a few more ingredients missing..............but things are going to be real fun for some time

    GO BRowns and fjuck all you ashsoles who made the ashiwle comments to my august positive observation

    I do not front run.............I run in Front

    Here we go Brownies

  • Well, I called the turnaround of the Browns when we dumped the Sewage Disposal system. I never criticized bringing in Mangini he is by far the best coach we have had since the franchise came back. I praised the hiring of Heckert and the moves he made and summarily stated so that he was improving personnel. I liked the hiring of Holmgren and stated so but was and am still worried about his ego.

    I was triumphant in applause to the drafting of Colt McCoy whom I proclaimed a winner on draft day. That is moving nicely to prove me correctomundo once more.

    I have been a Browns fans longer than most of you have been alive...........samo Steelers..........so the assholes zip those comments

    The Browns are back................and yes..........by all intelligent indications they likely would have lost today

    I am enthralled they won.............and convincingly.......the thrashed a good team

    Two weeks in row............that is two trashing this year as opposed to NONE for seven years........

    Now for all i am glad I was wrong in saying we will likely lose................I did not however NOT predict we would lose........I said likely which any sane person would

    Rich usually gets it................and I am so glad I was one of the first to say back when we had shed the shit and finally were moving to be what the Browns were about

    there are a few more ingredients missing..............but things are going to be real fun for some time

    GO BRowns and fjuck all you ashsoles who made the ashiwle comments to my august positive observation

    I do not front run.............I run in Front

    Here we go Brownies

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @rich4eagle said:

    Well, I called the turnaround of the Browns when we dumped the Sewage Disposal system. I never criticized bringing in Mangini he is by far the best coach we have had since the franchise came back. I praised the hiring of Heckert and the moves he made and summarily stated so that he was improving personnel. I liked the hiring of Holmgren and stated so but was and am still worried about his ego.

    I was triumphant in applause to the drafting of Colt McCoy whom I proclaimed a winner on draft day. That is moving nicely to prove me correctomundo once more.

    I have been a Browns fans longer than most of you have been alive...........samo Steelers..........so the assholes zip those comments

    The Browns are back................and yes..........by all intelligent indications they likely would have lost today

    I am enthralled they won.............and convincingly.......the thrashed a good team

    Two weeks in row............that is two trashing this year as opposed to NONE for seven years........

    Now for all i am glad I was wrong in saying we will likely lose................I did not however NOT predict we would lose........I said likely which any sane person would

    Rich usually gets it................and I am so glad I was one of the first to say back when we had shed the shit and finally were moving to be what the Browns were about

    there are a few more ingredients missing..............but things are going to be real fun for some time

    GO BRowns and fjuck all you ashsoles who made the ashiwle comments to my august positive observation

    I do not front run.............I run in Front

    Here we go Brownies

    Go die of AIDS.

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
    #19

    It is nice to see complete jerks still remain part of the human species...........you be one

  • Go 'LosersG Go 'Losers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I said no at first but I see something different now. With the Browns beating up these top-tier teams who in turn play the Steelers the very next week, its pretty bad for Pittsburgh since the black n' gold have to travel to the home of the teams that just lost to the Browns and who definitely WILL NOT let their squads loose two weeks in a row.

    The Browns are doing an amazing job of beating the Steelers without actually beating the Steelers; they're making it very hot for Pittsburgh since the Steelers have to face a pissed off opponent on the road....in consecutive weeks.

    *damn 😑

    ...but impressive win today, though

  • I said no at first but I see something different now. With the Browns beating up these top-tier teams who in turn play the Steelers the very next week, its pretty bad for Pittsburgh since the black n' gold have to travel to the home of the teams that just lost to the Browns and who definitely WILL NOT let their squads loose two weeks in a row.

    The Browns are doing an amazing job of beating the Steelers without actually beating the Steelers; they're making it very hot for Pittsburgh since the Steelers have to face a pissed off opponent on the road....in consecutive weeks.

    *damn 😑

    ...but impressive win today, though

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Go 'Lers said:

    I said no at first but I see something different now. With the Browns beating up these top-tier teams who in turn play the Steelers the very next week, its pretty bad for Pittsburgh since the black n' gold have to travel to the home of the teams that just lost to the Browns and who definitely WILL NOT let their squads loose two weeks in a row.

    The Browns are doing an amazing job of beating the Steelers without actually beating the Steelers; they're making it very hot for Pittsburgh since the Steelers have to face a pissed off opponent on the road....in consecutive weeks.

    *damn 😑

    ...but impressive win today, though

    TRANSLATION: "Thanks for giving us Steeler Fans an excuse for why we've lost two games in a row with Big Ben at the helm seven days before we lose the second"