Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Report from someone(s) who was at the stadium today

Report from someone(s) who was at the stadium today

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
24 Posts 16 Posters 3.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • longhorn L
    • 332 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    L longhorn wrote on last edited by
    #1

    When time allows, I would love to hear from folks who actually saw the game live at the stadium. I was able to stream the first half but the connection was cut for the second half. I have to tell you, I am pretty excited about today and the team's chances for the rest of the season.

    Just how pumped were the fans at the stadium after the game?

    The one and only time losing is acceptable is when it involves your virginity.
    ATENEARSA 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • L longhorn

      When time allows, I would love to hear from folks who actually saw the game live at the stadium. I was able to stream the first half but the connection was cut for the second half. I have to tell you, I am pretty excited about today and the team's chances for the rest of the season.

      Just how pumped were the fans at the stadium after the game?

      ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
      • 4k Posts
      • 139 Reputation
      ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @longhorn said:

      When time allows, I would love to hear from folks who actually saw the game live at the stadium. I was able to stream the first half but the connection was cut for the second half. I have to tell you, I am pretty excited about today and the team's chances for the rest of the season.

      Just how pumped were the fans at the stadium after the game?

      They were really pumped. 'd say that 80% of the fans stayed until almost all the Browns had returned to the tunnel after the game. Hillis leaped into the stands and slapped hands with fans all the way into the tunnel. Fans were really appreciative of the play and you could feel a sense of relief that the Browns have finally returned.

      TheClevelandSoundT 1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

        @longhorn said:

        When time allows, I would love to hear from folks who actually saw the game live at the stadium. I was able to stream the first half but the connection was cut for the second half. I have to tell you, I am pretty excited about today and the team's chances for the rest of the season.

        Just how pumped were the fans at the stadium after the game?

        They were really pumped. 'd say that 80% of the fans stayed until almost all the Browns had returned to the tunnel after the game. Hillis leaped into the stands and slapped hands with fans all the way into the tunnel. Fans were really appreciative of the play and you could feel a sense of relief that the Browns have finally returned.

        TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
        • 2k Posts
        • 29 Reputation
        TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @atenears said:

        you could feel a sense of relief that the Browns have finally returned.

        Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

        Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
        ATENEARSA The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

          @atenears said:

          you could feel a sense of relief that the Browns have finally returned.

          Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

          ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
          • 4k Posts
          • 139 Reputation
          ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @theclevelandsound said:

          Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

          I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

          Super Bowl in year #3

          TheClevelandSoundT GipsG 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

            @theclevelandsound said:

            Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

            I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

            Super Bowl in year #3

            TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
            • 2k Posts
            • 29 Reputation
            TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @atenears said:

            I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

            Super Bowl in year #3

            I wasn't on this board in 2007 but I imagine the reaction was the same?

            Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
            S ATENEARSA S 3 Replies Last reply
            ❤
            Quote Reply
            • BrownsBacker BrownsBackerB
              • 297 Posts
              • 20 Reputation
              BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker wrote on last edited by BrownsBacker
              #6

              Down in the Dawg Pound we could NOT get enough high fives hugs and just plain jumping up and down. Everyone had a smile plastered on their face and like I mentioned in another thread I have never seen the stadium so freaking pumped up and excited as we were when Colt ran the ball in. It was an amazingly great time out there today, we were all having ALOT of fun! Well not all of us, the Patriots fans in the Dawg Pound all looked like they were completely lost, just staring into space emotionless or staring at their cell phones trying to pretend they were somewhere else. HAVE A NICE DRIVE HOME TO JERSEY ALL YOU GUYS THAT WERE SITTING NEAR US LOLOLOLOL

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                @theclevelandsound said:

                Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

                I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

                Super Bowl in year #3

                Gips GipsG
                • 3k Posts
                • 34 Reputation
                GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @atenears said:

                I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

                Super Bowl in year #3

                I have little doubt Atenears that we are on our way!

                Our front office is now truly top notch and our coaching may be as well under this regime!

                Its not a matter of if but when!

                We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                next2nothingN 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

                  @atenears said:

                  I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

                  Super Bowl in year #3

                  I wasn't on this board in 2007 but I imagine the reaction was the same?

                  steel88 S
                  • 439 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  S steel88 wrote on last edited by steel88
                  #8

                  @theclevelandsound said:

                  I wasn't on this board in 2007 but I imagine the reaction was the same?

                  Not at all. The board was split 50-50 on the DA BQ debates which in turn meant that if DA returned in 08' half the board thought we would flop while the other half was thinking playoffs.

                  Yes this is the turning point. You can just feel it.

                  What we're seeing here in 2010 is precisely what happened in NE a decade ago. It worked for them then, and it wiill work for us now. Why? Because it's the only way it's ever worked in pro football. Just ask Paul Brown. Or Vince Lombardi. Or Tom Landry. .02, Clemdawg
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • GipsG Gips

                    @atenears said:

                    I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

                    Super Bowl in year #3

                    I have little doubt Atenears that we are on our way!

                    Our front office is now truly top notch and our coaching may be as well under this regime!

                    Its not a matter of if but when!

                    next2nothing next2nothingN Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 693 Posts
                    • 9 Reputation
                    next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @gips said:

                    I have little doubt Atenears that we are on our way!

                    Our front office is now truly top notch and our coaching may be as well under this regime!

                    Its not a matter of if but when!

                    You've seen the light Gips? 😉

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

                      @atenears said:

                      I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

                      Super Bowl in year #3

                      I wasn't on this board in 2007 but I imagine the reaction was the same?

                      ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 139 Reputation
                      ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @theclevelandsound said:

                      I wasn't on this board in 2007 but I imagine the reaction was the same?

                      Good question. Maybe todays success mostly falls on Hillis shoulder, but the combination of Vickers steam rolling ahead of Hillis is a bit more of a sure thing than DA zipping it and and aging Joe J, the gimpy Winslow, and the dumbass Braylon hauling it in.

                      Did they show the players doing skits on the sideline like the Cavs of 2009? They look well bonded and playing as a team.

                      This team is getting better each week. The precision in which they not only execute the gimick plays but also call them at the most optune time is well prepared and orchestrated. Each phase of the game seems to have a new wrinkle for the oppoent to figure out each week and that is a big hats off to Mangini.

                      Stay tuned ... we'll see

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 8k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I'm not being pessimistic but lets not drink the Kool Aid just yet.

                        We are playing remarkably better. It's fun to watch us play again. But we could have a shit week next week and then what? Are we going to be back to square one? Are the Mangini haters going to come out of the woodwork again?

                        Let's take this week by week.

                        With that said....damn did we look great today.

                        I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                        kamac19K djdawg2010D 2 Replies Last reply
                        ❤
                        Quote Reply
                        • Mr. T Mr. TM
                          • 7k Posts
                          • 184 Reputation
                          Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Hillis brings a great attitude to the whole team.

                          This is a better team than the 2007 team that went 10-6 in 2007.

                          We have the real McCoy now.

                          Head or Gut?
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                            I'm not being pessimistic but lets not drink the Kool Aid just yet.

                            We are playing remarkably better. It's fun to watch us play again. But we could have a shit week next week and then what? Are we going to be back to square one? Are the Mangini haters going to come out of the woodwork again?

                            Let's take this week by week.

                            With that said....damn did we look great today.

                            kamac19 kamac19K One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 283 Posts
                            • 44 Reputation
                            kamac19K kamac19 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                            I'm not being pessimistic but lets not drink the Kool Aid just yet.

                            We are playing remarkably better. It's fun to watch us play again. But we could have a shit week next week and then what? Are we going to be back to square one? Are the Mangini haters going to come out of the woodwork again?

                            Let's take this week by week.

                            With that said....damn did we look great today.

                            So what are you trying to say , we go back to our supposed starting QB Delhomme if he is fit, or even Wallace. I am sorry but there is no way the fans of Cleveland will support anything other than McCoy being given the reigns to see what he can do the rest of the way in from now on, good or bad at least it will properly give the management the idea of whether or not he is worth going with a WR rather than a QB with first pick in next years draft

                            Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                            ❤
                            Quote Reply
                            • kamac19K kamac19

                              @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                              I'm not being pessimistic but lets not drink the Kool Aid just yet.

                              We are playing remarkably better. It's fun to watch us play again. But we could have a shit week next week and then what? Are we going to be back to square one? Are the Mangini haters going to come out of the woodwork again?

                              Let's take this week by week.

                              With that said....damn did we look great today.

                              So what are you trying to say , we go back to our supposed starting QB Delhomme if he is fit, or even Wallace. I am sorry but there is no way the fans of Cleveland will support anything other than McCoy being given the reigns to see what he can do the rest of the way in from now on, good or bad at least it will properly give the management the idea of whether or not he is worth going with a WR rather than a QB with first pick in next years draft

                              Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 8k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @kamac19 said:

                              So what are you trying to say , we go back to our supposed starting QB Delhomme if he is fit, or even Wallace. I am sorry but there is no way the fans of Cleveland will support anything other than McCoy being given the reigns to see what he can do the rest of the way in from now on, good or bad at least it will properly give the management the idea of whether or not he is worth going with a WR rather than a QB with first pick in next years draft

                              I didn't say that at all. I'm not even sure how you got that from my post.

                              All I said is let's take this week to week before we get ahead of ourselves. People are saying our team is finally on the rise, and I agree. But I don't want to see everyone get their hopes so high after this victory and then we come out and have a crap game against the Jets.

                              Remember, next week is a trap game for us, for once.

                              I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                              kamac19K 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                @kamac19 said:

                                So what are you trying to say , we go back to our supposed starting QB Delhomme if he is fit, or even Wallace. I am sorry but there is no way the fans of Cleveland will support anything other than McCoy being given the reigns to see what he can do the rest of the way in from now on, good or bad at least it will properly give the management the idea of whether or not he is worth going with a WR rather than a QB with first pick in next years draft

                                I didn't say that at all. I'm not even sure how you got that from my post.

                                All I said is let's take this week to week before we get ahead of ourselves. People are saying our team is finally on the rise, and I agree. But I don't want to see everyone get their hopes so high after this victory and then we come out and have a crap game against the Jets.

                                Remember, next week is a trap game for us, for once.

                                kamac19 kamac19K One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 283 Posts
                                • 44 Reputation
                                kamac19K kamac19 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                I didn't say that at all. I'm not even sure how you got that from my post.

                                All I said is let's take this week to week before we get ahead of ourselves. People are saying our team is finally on the rise, and I agree. But I don't want to see everyone get their hopes so high after this victory and then we come out and have a crap game against the Jets.

                                Remember, next week is a trap game for us, for once.

                                Fair enough, but week to week from here on in means McCoy being the staring QB no matter what happens, unless he has two disastrous game in a row there is no way he should be removed from the line up as is at moment, as it will cause the momentum we have to subside too much, which we cannot afford to happen.

                                Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

                                  @atenears said:

                                  I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

                                  Super Bowl in year #3

                                  I wasn't on this board in 2007 but I imagine the reaction was the same?

                                  Squintz S
                                  • 508 Posts
                                  • 5 Reputation
                                  S Squintz wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @theclevelandsound said:

                                  I wasn't on this board in 2007 but I imagine the reaction was the same?

                                  I really didn't have a great feeling that whole season. It was fun, but you always knew they weren't honestly contenders and didn't have a great path toward the future. THAT"S the biggest difference that I see.

                                  The fans are getting a better feeling with where this team is headed than the 2007 team. Plus, you had so many individuals on that team that were all about themselves.

                                  This team has NONE of them. It's a true TEAM.

                                  CHANGE IS GOOD
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • kamac19K kamac19

                                    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                    I didn't say that at all. I'm not even sure how you got that from my post.

                                    All I said is let's take this week to week before we get ahead of ourselves. People are saying our team is finally on the rise, and I agree. But I don't want to see everyone get their hopes so high after this victory and then we come out and have a crap game against the Jets.

                                    Remember, next week is a trap game for us, for once.

                                    Fair enough, but week to week from here on in means McCoy being the staring QB no matter what happens, unless he has two disastrous game in a row there is no way he should be removed from the line up as is at moment, as it will cause the momentum we have to subside too much, which we cannot afford to happen.

                                    Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 8k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @kamac19 said:

                                    Fair enough, but week to week from here on in means McCoy being the staring QB no matter what happens, unless he has two disastrous game in a row there is no way he should be removed from the line up as is at moment, as it will cause the momentum we have to subside too much, which we cannot afford to happen.

                                    There's no way I want anybody other than Colt to start. I think I've been saying that since his first regular season game.

                                    I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                      I'm not being pessimistic but lets not drink the Kool Aid just yet.

                                      We are playing remarkably better. It's fun to watch us play again. But we could have a shit week next week and then what? Are we going to be back to square one? Are the Mangini haters going to come out of the woodwork again?

                                      Let's take this week by week.

                                      With that said....damn did we look great today.

                                      djdawg2010 djdawg2010D
                                      • 862 Posts
                                      • 24 Reputation
                                      djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                      I'm not being pessimistic but lets not drink the Kool Aid just yet.

                                      We are playing remarkably better. It's fun to watch us play again. But we could have a shit week next week and then what? Are we going to be back to square one? Are the Mangini haters going to come out of the woodwork again?

                                      Let's take this week by week.

                                      With that said....damn did we look great today.

                                      In the words of Marty... "we'll do it our way... one play at a time."

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

                                        @atenears said:

                                        you could feel a sense of relief that the Browns have finally returned.

                                        Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

                                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @theclevelandsound said:

                                        Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

                                        Hopefully. This teams seem to play like a true Cleveland Browns team should play like. Some say it is "Steeler style" football: smashmouth run game and good defense......except of course that the Browns were playing that style of football decades before the Steelers figured it out. Dare I say it: Payton Hillis has a little Marion Motley and Jim Brown in him. Colt McCoy seems to have a little Otto Graham in him. Some of the Browns LBs have a little Jim Houston and Vince Costello in them. Our O-line seems to have a little Gene Hickerson/Dick Shafrath/John Wooten/ Lou Groza/Mke McCormick/Frank Gatski in them. etc. etc. Why not?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          mikeyP72 said:

                                          Who exactly are the "Great" teams your talking about Stone?

                                          The Vikings, Chargers and Cowboys?

                                          Oh yeah, because the media defined "great" teams are always the ones who win the Super Bowl 😉

                                          The Great Teams? Yea, really. Preseason predictions for the Cowboys and Vikings were like 13-3. Or, is that the "historically great" teams? That would be then say, The Packers, Bears, Browns, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, and Patriots. The Patriots are the current reigning "Great team/dynasty" are they not. They didn't look so great yesterday.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate