Skip to content

Mangini Doubters..STFU

The Browns Board
39 24 2.8k
  • Just keep winning Baby. Wins will silence all the Mangini, McCoy, etc. "caca".

    They keep playing like the last two weeks and we'll be reading about the 5 year extension in Mangini's contract, Colt's big raise, and how do we try to entice to offensive and defensive coordinators to stay in Cleveland.

    Gotta love pro football.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Rob Ryan was the one who confused Brady, not Mangini.

    But Mangini is by and large the best HC we've had since Beli himself. And even then, Beli didn't do squat for us.

    Mangini built a team that can compete on Sundays, and that's more than any coach we've had in a while can say. I'd like to see him show a little more emotion, but that's nothing important.

    You can't separate out Ryan from Mangini on defense. They plan it together.

    @earl34 said:

    You can't separate out Ryan from Mangini on defense. They plan it together.

    Show me where you read that.

  • Rob Ryan was the one who confused Brady, not Mangini.

    If you don't think Mangini is waste deep in this defense you're way off

  • @earl34 said:

    You can't separate out Ryan from Mangini on defense. They plan it together.

    Show me where you read that.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Show me where you read that.

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Show me where you read that.

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

    @earl34 said:

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

    Hey guys, I just wanted to congratulate you on a very impressive game. I am a Bronco fan and Denver has a bye this week. I keep a close eye on the Browns................I am still incredibly bitter over losing Hillis. McDaniels is a fricken moron and I can't wait for the guy to get fired. ..............But back to your team. You have a good thing going here now. McCoy is a tough gutsy QB, Massaquoi and Robiske are two talented young Receivers. Hillis and Vickers, the O-line is tough.Nice to see a team play with heart. The Broncos sold their souls in early 2009. ...............If you guys can draft Defense next April, I see no reason you can't win the division in the next year or two. Hell, you've beaten the Patriots and Ravens this season and 3-5 could easily turn into 8-5 over the next five weeks.................Good luck, I'm pulling for you................I hope you all like have Peyton Hillis as your Runningback................I know I sure did................GD McDaniels.

  • Very true. Mangini's staple on this team is the defense, and Ryan and Mangini run it together. And even if it was all Ryan, you would have to give Mangini credit for hand-picking the man.

    Mangini is by far the best coach we have had in 20 years. If Holmgren runs it out it will be a sad day. Look at what we are building! Give it time. I don't care how great of a coach Holmgren is, he is too old to coach our team. We need someone young and ready to build this team for the future -- Mangini.

    Anyone who thinks Mangini is a bad coach I would love to here some good reasons -- I don't think there are many.

  • And enough Daboll bashing! The guy can coach, too.

  • Think back of what this franchise looked like in 2008..and what EM has accomplished in 24 games..pretty remarkable in my opinion. Got rid of bad guys ,brought in character guys and playing very good football..The man deserves credit when credit is due

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Show me where you read that.

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

    @earl34 said:

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

    FYI coach Foge Fazio was running the "UFO" defense for the browns back in 2001

  • @earl34 said:

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

    FYI coach Foge Fazio was running the "UFO" defense for the browns back in 2001

    @richiswhere said:

    FYI coach Foge Fazio was running the "UFO" defense for the browns back in 2001

    He's not on the staff.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Show me where you read that.

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

    @earl34 said:

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

    I'm aware of what a head coach is asked to do in the NFL. But you can't give credit to Mangini for his defense without giving credit to The Dude either.

  • @earl34 said:

    I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

    I'm aware of what a head coach is asked to do in the NFL. But you can't give credit to Mangini for his defense without giving credit to The Dude either.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm aware of what a head coach is asked to do in the NFL. But you can't give credit to Mangini for his defense without giving credit to The Dude either.

    Tim...we're arguing the same thing from opposite sides. To his credit, Ryan calls the plays on game day. You can't take anything away from him.

  • Holmgren knows what he is doing, and how to get where we want to go and he knows how to get a fellow coach moving in the right direction with an unlit match in between his toes and that is all that really matters...

    With every game colt has played in my confidence has grown in both the coaching and the upper management in particular, dabolls playcalling and the player execution has been superb since colt has been on the field and ryans defense has finally solidified and become a force to be reckoned with...

    My guess is that mangini and dabs are adding to the gameplans and the playbook wisely with some advise from upstairs, whomever or whatever it is i like it and dont think anyone has anything to gripe about at this time, the coaching has been excellent and the player execution has been excellent, my only concern is will the coaching continue to remain excellent and consistent(win or lose and minus injuries etc)leaving it all on the field or are we going to ball back up and die again?

    Mangini is without a doubt the best coach we have had since our return in 1999 and appears to be learning and getting better, coupled with the best FO this club has ever had we should all expect good things in the near future...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm aware of what a head coach is asked to do in the NFL. But you can't give credit to Mangini for his defense without giving credit to The Dude either.

    Tim...we're arguing the same thing from opposite sides. To his credit, Ryan calls the plays on game day. You can't take anything away from him.

    @earl34 said:

    Tim...we're arguing the same thing from opposite sides. To his credit, Ryan calls the plays on game day. You can't take anything away from him.

    Haha, I just wanted to get some argument going.

    Too many people in agreeance rubs me the wrong way.

  • @earl34 said:

    Tim...we're arguing the same thing from opposite sides. To his credit, Ryan calls the plays on game day. You can't take anything away from him.

    Haha, I just wanted to get some argument going.

    Too many people in agreeance rubs me the wrong way.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Haha, I just wanted to get some argument going.

    Too many people in agreeance rubs me the wrong way.

    I disagree.

  • Off of Twitter: Eric Mangini jokes that he and Belichick were "making plans for the summer" during their brief handshake

  • Off of Twitter: Eric Mangini jokes that he and Belichick were "making plans for the summer" during their brief handshake

    @earl34 said:

    Off of Twitter: Eric Mangini jokes that he and Belichick were "making plans for the summer" during their brief handshake

    lol, actually he said "we weren't making plans for the summer" but yeah that was some funny sh!t

  • Nothing against Mangini, but I really hope we can keep Ryan for another year before he leaves to take a head coaching job somewhere else. I love that amoeba defense that we run where no one looks like they know what they are doing until the last second. It confused Brees last week and it downright frustrated Brady this week. He was throwing balls into the dirt and whining like a little bitch because he couldn't figure it out. Big ups to Mangini, Ryan and Daboll for the past two weeks.

  • Don't forget that Mangini is the first coach in Browns history to have had previous head coaching experience prior to coming here. For once we may have brought in a guy that is able to learn from past mistakes and make decision and prepare a team from some experience.

  • Very well said.