Skip to content

Guys ... enjoy Colt.

The Browns Board
29 23 2.9k
  • This is my first post on this board.

    I want Cleveland to know that the Browns now have a HUGE pocket of followers in Texas. Please enjoy Colt. He is a xxxxing class act ... and winner, above all else.

    He gives Longhorn fans a reason to love football this year. Colt will get "our" Browns to places that you never would have imagined.

    We have 100+ people frothing at the mouth waiting for Cleveland vs NYJ next Sunday. We are all planning a trip to Ohio to watch the Browns in person ... probably for the Raven game. Dawg Pound !!

    Go Browns ... Hook 'em.

    @texan-for-the-browns said:

    This is my first post on this board.

    I want Cleveland to know that the Browns now have a HUGE pocket of followers in Texas. Please enjoy Colt. He is a xxxxing class act ... and winner, above all else.

    He gives Longhorn fans a reason to love football this year. Colt will get "our" Browns to places that you never would have imagined.

    We have 100+ people frothing at the mouth waiting for Cleveland vs NYJ next Sunday. We are all planning a trip to Ohio to watch the Browns in person ... probably for the Raven game. Dawg Pound !!

    Go Browns ... Hook 'em.

    You dont have to sell colt to me brother, i already love the kid and always have since the day holmgren picked this diamond out of the rockpile!

    BTW welcome to the board and GO BROWNS! GO COLT MCCOY!

  • I am enjoying Colt. Thank you.

  • I have to admit, I was not that excited when we got him. I think I fell victim to all the media saying he was not built for NFL. I have never been more happy to have been dead wrong. With Holmgren at the helm, a solid foundation on O-line, RB and QB. I feel real good about the direction we are going in. I know Browns fans tend to be overly optimistic, But I do truely feel this time that we have something to be excited about.

  • I have to admit, I was not that excited when we got him. I think I fell victim to all the media saying he was not built for NFL. I have never been more happy to have been dead wrong. With Holmgren at the helm, a solid foundation on O-line, RB and QB. I feel real good about the direction we are going in. I know Browns fans tend to be overly optimistic, But I do truely feel this time that we have something to be excited about.

    @bodogjoe said:

    I know Browns fans tend to be overly optimistic ...

    I haven't found that to be the case at all. We're HOPEFUL and gluttons for punishment, but optimism has never been our thing.

  • @bodogjoe said:

    I know Browns fans tend to be overly optimistic ...

    I haven't found that to be the case at all. We're HOPEFUL and gluttons for punishment, but optimism has never been our thing.

    @kshutchins said:

    I haven't found that to be the case at all. We're HOPEFUL and gluttons for punishment, but optimism has never been our thing.

    Yea, hopeful would be more accurate. I do think this time we have good reason for hope. Since 99 anytime Browns showed some bright spots. It was usually only in one facet in the game - which when stifled, would bring the team to a screaching halt. Where this team seems to have a solid foundation to build on - and can feel alot more comfortable focusing on picking up some recievers in the draft.

  • To the OP/Earl.. Where are you guys in Texas? I'm in Lubbock and because of Texas Tech everyone here hates the longhorns and hates colt mccoy and hates the Browns for it! I find it rather hilarious because someone says something to me colt mcccoy related every time I wear my josh cribbs jersey out somewhere!

    Won't say hook em horns (buckeyes fan) but GO BROWNS!

  • To the OP/Earl.. Where are you guys in Texas? I'm in Lubbock and because of Texas Tech everyone here hates the longhorns and hates colt mccoy and hates the Browns for it! I find it rather hilarious because someone says something to me colt mcccoy related every time I wear my josh cribbs jersey out somewhere!

    Won't say hook em horns (buckeyes fan) but GO BROWNS!

    @blowe said:

    To the OP/Earl.. Where are you guys in Texas? I'm in Lubbock and because of Texas Tech everyone here hates the longhorns and hates colt mccoy and hates the Browns for it! I find it rather hilarious because someone says something to me colt mcccoy related every time I where my josh cribbs jersey out somewhere!

    Won't say hook em horns (buckeyes fan) but GO BROWNS!

    I'm in Austin ... Browns fever is taking hold.

  • (1st Post) I'm another Colt fan from Texas (Houston) that will be pulling for the Browns.

    Nice Win today!

  • Welcome to Colts Corral formerly misnamed the Dawg Pound

  • Welcome to Colts Corral formerly misnamed the Dawg Pound

    @rich4eagle said:

    Welcome to Colts Corral formerly misnamed the Dawg Pound

    And here's rich4winner again... Thanks for showing up buddy!

  • To the OP/Earl.. Where are you guys in Texas? I'm in Lubbock and because of Texas Tech everyone here hates the longhorns and hates colt mccoy and hates the Browns for it! I find it rather hilarious because someone says something to me colt mcccoy related every time I wear my josh cribbs jersey out somewhere!

    Won't say hook em horns (buckeyes fan) but GO BROWNS!

    @blowe said:

    To the OP/Earl.. Where are you guys in Texas? I'm in Lubbock and because of Texas Tech everyone here hates the longhorns and hates colt mccoy and hates the Browns for it! I find it rather hilarious because someone says something to me colt mcccoy related every time I wear my josh cribbs jersey out somewhere!

    Won't say hook em horns (buckeyes fan) but GO BROWNS!

    Originally from Houston. Went to UT. Now live in the northeast. My wife went to college in Cleveland.

  • This is my first post on this board.

    I want Cleveland to know that the Browns now have a HUGE pocket of followers in Texas. Please enjoy Colt. He is a xxxxing class act ... and winner, above all else.

    He gives Longhorn fans a reason to love football this year. Colt will get "our" Browns to places that you never would have imagined.

    We have 100+ people frothing at the mouth waiting for Cleveland vs NYJ next Sunday. We are all planning a trip to Ohio to watch the Browns in person ... probably for the Raven game. Dawg Pound !!

    Go Browns ... Hook 'em.

    @texan-for-the-browns said:

    This is my first post on this board.

    I want Cleveland to know that the Browns now have a HUGE pocket of followers in Texas. Please enjoy Colt. He is a xxxxing class act ... and winner, above all else.

    He gives Longhorn fans a reason to love football this year. Colt will get "our" Browns to places that you never would have imagined.

    We have 100+ people frothing at the mouth waiting for Cleveland vs NYJ next Sunday. We are all planning a trip to Ohio to watch the Browns in person ... probably for the Raven game. Dawg Pound !!

    Go Browns ... Hook 'em.

    Texas does love Colt. I am missing the guy. He isn't your average player. He is a good person, who is gifted and will do whats asked of him. He will never give you less then 110% and he will never whine.

  • I love hearing that the browns are gaining not only more fans, but respect in the NFL now. pretty cool it outside ohio too!!

  • Well, I guess there's room on the Colt Love Train, we'll let you be the DawgPound South. As a lifelong Browns and Ohio State fan, I had my doubts about drafting Colt. When Holmgren called his number in April, I figured it was well worth taking a chance. Seems like The Walrus knew a thing or two about quarterbacks.

    I'm cautiously optimistic. The kid has the "it" factor in spades- especially after watching the dear departed Derek Anderson blow yet another game for the Cardinals.

    Colt doesn't get rattled, gets rid of the ball quickly, is accurate, and is overall making good decisions- though he did get away throwing the ball into coverage a few times.

    BTW, the argument as to who should start next week against the Jets is over, Grover. Mangini aint THAT stupid.

  • This is my first post on this board.

    I want Cleveland to know that the Browns now have a HUGE pocket of followers in Texas. Please enjoy Colt. He is a xxxxing class act ... and winner, above all else.

    He gives Longhorn fans a reason to love football this year. Colt will get "our" Browns to places that you never would have imagined.

    We have 100+ people frothing at the mouth waiting for Cleveland vs NYJ next Sunday. We are all planning a trip to Ohio to watch the Browns in person ... probably for the Raven game. Dawg Pound !!

    Go Browns ... Hook 'em.

    @texan-for-the-browns said:

    This is my first post on this board.

    I want Cleveland to know that the Browns now have a HUGE pocket of followers in Texas. Please enjoy Colt. He is a xxxxing class act ... and winner, above all else.

    He gives Longhorn fans a reason to love football this year. Colt will get "our" Browns to places that you never would have imagined.

    We have 100+ people frothing at the mouth waiting for Cleveland vs NYJ next Sunday. We are all planning a trip to Ohio to watch the Browns in person ... probably for the Raven game. Dawg Pound !!

    Go Browns ... Hook 'em.

    I agree with you on Colt... I seen the Pick and said That kid is a Player. Had NO Idea he would just walk in and have that Playground mentality though. That Missed assignment play No Back to hand it off to and the Rollout Right followed by a Bullet Delivery WOW. I know Brown Fans hate Ben Rothlisberger , but That play reminded me of Him early in his career. And the Kid has serious acceleration so you must be careful how you Blitz him. Impressive very much so.

  • I think Colt was brilliant yesterday. Not just zero picks... but also zero sacks and only 5 incompletions, plus a 16 yard TD run. The kid makes his reads fast, throws great on the run, is accurate... he's born to run a WCO-ish offense for sure. My son and I were just loving the kid yesterday. He did everything right.

    Teams are NOT gonna want to play the Browns the rest of the year. They don't give up many points, they've now confused Brees and Brady in consecutive weeks, they have a punishing running game... and a young QB who just feels like a winner.

    If we beat the Jets on Sunday, this starts getting very, very interesting.

  • I recall the pre-draft debate on here regarding McCoy and Clausen. Those of us who hated Clausen and wanted Colt are seeing why now. But even though I thought Colt was the 2nd best QB in the draft, I never expected him to be so poised and accurate this soon. And although I saw him make all the throws in college, I didn't see the arm in preseason. Well, it looks like the kid has it all now. Last week I wanted Seneca back in there. Now, I would love to see Colt play the year out. The kid is good.

  • Since all of the lurkers from Texas are speaking up, I might as well say I'm here too. I posted back in April on the "McCoy Not The Answer" thread but have been lurking ever since.

    It may seem mystifying to see so many NFL-vagrant Texans but many of us became un-Cowboy-fans when Jerry Jones bought the team in 1989 and like why the hell would we ever want to root for the Houston Texans? Really?

    So I root for the Horns and take an interest in the NFL teams that recruit Texas players.

    I'm really happy that Colt is working out so well for you. He had a hard act to follow, you know. Vince Young was something like Jesus, Superman and Houdini all rolled into one. Somebody like Ryan Perriloux or Jevan Snead was supposed to take his place. Not that scrawny little small town kid with the squeaky voice. He seemed like a nice kid and it was good for him that the coaches were letting him be a place holder until a real QB could come along, but I never really viewed Colt McCoy as the next great thing.

    Until that's exactly what he became.

    And therein lies the wonderfulness of Colt McCoy. He's easy to underestimate. He's easy to overlook. He's easy to dismiss. Nobody will ever confuse him with Jesus, Superman and Houdini all rolled into one.

    And then one day... you realize wow. Maybe he's the next best thing.

  • I intially was happy with the pick, and then came his struggle in the pre-season. But here is a thought; Remember, we were told that he was ABSOLUTELY NOT GOING TO PLAY THIS SEASON NO MATTER WHAT!!!! So maybe he felt that there was no incentive to perform and risk an injury in a meaningless game. Just a thought.

  • I know its way early for this but I think Colt plays the game "Montana" like. I see alot of a young Joe Montana in him. He's our QB for the next decade imo.