Jets vs Browns
-
We didn't do a very good job covering the back out of the backfield today or even covering the TE's underneith at times. Brady Gaga had a horrible game and I can't believe they didn't exploit everything that we were giving up underneith. That needs fixed.
I hope we break Braylon Edwards leg and he rolls around on the field with blood seeping from his leg. I hope he gets a lot of sound bites this week, because he is an idiot and will provide plenty of bulletin board material.
Hillis with Vickers leading the way is a very tough task to stop for any team. Thanks Denver! (if this thread is about who gave who what ...)
I like Mangini here, glad you guys gave up on him.
We didn't do a very good job covering the back out of the backfield today or even covering the TE's underneith at times. Brady Gaga had a horrible game and I can't believe they didn't exploit everything that we were giving up underneith. That needs fixed.
I hope we break Braylon Edwards leg and he rolls around on the field with blood seeping from his leg. I hope he gets a lot of sound bites this week, because he is an idiot and will provide plenty of bulletin board material.
Hillis with Vickers leading the way is a very tough task to stop for any team. Thanks Denver! (if this thread is about who gave who what ...)
I like Mangini here, glad you guys gave up on him.
wow...the first classless post...nice to see the intellect required to wish harm on a player because you don't like him....good for you !!!!
anyway, the Jets have certainly played poorly the past 3 weeks....but they have won 2 of those games. That's what good teams do, they win what should have been a loss. Your RB is a bruiser and will defly be a tough guy to stop.....but last I checked, the Jets have 2 very good runners as well as a crop of good receivers....our QB / O.C play calling is in a bit of a funk.....but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week
-
We didn't do a very good job covering the back out of the backfield today or even covering the TE's underneith at times. Brady Gaga had a horrible game and I can't believe they didn't exploit everything that we were giving up underneith. That needs fixed.
I hope we break Braylon Edwards leg and he rolls around on the field with blood seeping from his leg. I hope he gets a lot of sound bites this week, because he is an idiot and will provide plenty of bulletin board material.
Hillis with Vickers leading the way is a very tough task to stop for any team. Thanks Denver! (if this thread is about who gave who what ...)
I like Mangini here, glad you guys gave up on him.
wow...the first classless post...nice to see the intellect required to wish harm on a player because you don't like him....good for you !!!!
anyway, the Jets have certainly played poorly the past 3 weeks....but they have won 2 of those games. That's what good teams do, they win what should have been a loss. Your RB is a bruiser and will defly be a tough guy to stop.....but last I checked, the Jets have 2 very good runners as well as a crop of good receivers....our QB / O.C play calling is in a bit of a funk.....but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week
but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week
You're goin' down...the place will be rocking as Mangini gets revenge on another former team.
Braylon may get a token long-TD catch, but that is all.....Browns 31 Jets 13
-
but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week
You're goin' down...the place will be rocking as Mangini gets revenge on another former team.
Braylon may get a token long-TD catch, but that is all.....Browns 31 Jets 13
-
Congratulations. You have set the record for fastest fan of next weeks opponent to come on this board.
So many storylines next week. Lots of national attention (even more so that we are good now). You better pray you can shut down Peyton Hillis. I dont care how good your run D is. Between the Ravens and Patriots he has 328 yards rushing alone. Thats against the top D's in the NFL. So watch out

Should be a good game. I didn't get to watch many games today with errands, work on the house and the gf's truck. Solid win that's for sure and I wouldn't be surprised to see a close game next week. However you did forget to include how Hillis ran against the Steelers. He didn't. I imagine the Jets will bottle him up as well. I guess we'll find out. I'm just glad the Patriots lost.
Homotron said:
Should be a good game. I didn't get to watch many games today with errands, work on the house and the gf's truck. Solid win that's for sure and I wouldn't be surprised to see a close game next week. However you did forget to include how Hillis ran against the Steelers. He didn't. I imagine the Jets will bottle him up as well. I guess we'll find out. I'm just glad the Patriots lost.Browns didn't beat the Patriots for your benefit. Nevertheless, Jets do have a far better run D than the Pats do.
The key will still be if the Browns O Line can do the kind of job it has been doing since the last part of last year: dismantling defenses. The Jets will be a bigger challenge in that regard than the Pats.
-
We didn't do a very good job covering the back out of the backfield today or even covering the TE's underneith at times. Brady Gaga had a horrible game and I can't believe they didn't exploit everything that we were giving up underneith. That needs fixed.
I hope we break Braylon Edwards leg and he rolls around on the field with blood seeping from his leg. I hope he gets a lot of sound bites this week, because he is an idiot and will provide plenty of bulletin board material.
Hillis with Vickers leading the way is a very tough task to stop for any team. Thanks Denver! (if this thread is about who gave who what ...)
I like Mangini here, glad you guys gave up on him.
wow...the first classless post...nice to see the intellect required to wish harm on a player because you don't like him....good for you !!!!
anyway, the Jets have certainly played poorly the past 3 weeks....but they have won 2 of those games. That's what good teams do, they win what should have been a loss. Your RB is a bruiser and will defly be a tough guy to stop.....but last I checked, the Jets have 2 very good runners as well as a crop of good receivers....our QB / O.C play calling is in a bit of a funk.....but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week
wow...the first classless post...nice to see the intellect required to wish harm on a player because you don't like him....good for you !!!!
OH for Christ sake please. Are you truly offended by this? I suppose you have never watched any action movies that contain gratuitous violence because it offends your sensibilities? This is internet babble.
Perhaps you should be equally offended by the idiocy that comes out of Braylon's mouth at times if you are so in to being offensed. Grow the F**K up.
anyway, the Jets have certainly played poorly the past 3 weeks....but they have won 2 of those games. That's what good teams do, they win what should have been a loss. Your RB is a bruiser and will defly be a tough guy to stop.....but last I checked, the Jets have 2 very good runners as well as a crop of good receivers....our QB / O.C play calling is in a bit of a funk.....but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week.
What you see and what you get may be two different things.
-
Mangidiot will only validate why the Jets dumped him...trust me...you will feel the same in another year
And you know WHY the Jets dumped him do you? I haven't met a Jets fan yet who gets it except for my brother. I was at every home game that year except the Dolphins game. Your owner wanted a scapegoat so he could sell you those JACKED UP PSLs. He wanted a "players' coach". Well, now you have him. Don't tear down Mangini to feel good about yourselves. You're sucking down that bullshit sandwich the NY media is serving you because he wouldn't open access to them. It was public pressure and nothing else because people in the league who know football know Mangini can really coach the game. If this game comes down to coaching....you're in a bad spot there homey with Rex blowing his load on timeouts, challenges and strutting like a peacock. Penalties and coaching will be key.
I too could look like a defensive genius if I had Mangini's players, added Leonard and Bart Scott and blitzed 50% of first downs while Revis (a guy ONLY Mangini wanted) holds down half of the field.
Nice try. Browns fans, next time a Jets poster posts....let me caution you....there's a reason their team's names rhyme and are monosyllabic.
-
Jet fan here.
You know, in New York they pat themselves on the back for the trade that landed them Sanchez. Browns picked up a couple role players while the Jets jumped however-many-god-forsaken-slots-to-pick-fifth. QB-of-the-future in hand, got Mangini's lunch money again.
But you know what caught my eye today, watching both games side-by-side at a bar with Browns on the big screen?
Jets bought themselves a franchise QB who, if he is a failure (he's ok), will set them back years.
Browns, on the other hand, bought themselves some solid role players. Mangini got a bunch from the Jets in that deal and others and each of them was around the ball whenever I looked. Elam, Tresnik, Bowens, Stuckey... Hell, even Ratliff was in on the Gatorade bath.
And while the Browns didn't pick number 5, if their current QB propsect doesn't work out (doubtful: McCoy is looking great), at least they're not set back an entire xxxxing decade as a result of it.
And you guys are playing smart, passionate football. I gotta say, Tip o the hat, mates. It'll be a good game next week. Here's to hoping my new chowder mouth Jets coach doesn't xxxx it up next week.
I would have to say the Jets got a franchise QB at a fairly cheap price. Aside from the Jets' #1 getting us a very good center in Alex Mack, none of the rest of the people in the trade are anything special.
Quinn for Hillis, on the other hand... that's pretty much evened the scales.
Jet fan here.
You know, in New York they pat themselves on the back for the trade that landed them Sanchez. Browns picked up a couple role players while the Jets jumped however-many-god-forsaken-slots-to-pick-fifth. QB-of-the-future in hand, got Mangini's lunch money again.
But you know what caught my eye today, watching both games side-by-side at a bar with Browns on the big screen?
Jets bought themselves a franchise QB who, if he is a failure (he's ok), will set them back years.
Browns, on the other hand, bought themselves some solid role players. Mangini got a bunch from the Jets in that deal and others and each of them was around the ball whenever I looked. Elam, Tresnik, Bowens, Stuckey... Hell, even Ratliff was in on the Gatorade bath.
And while the Browns didn't pick number 5, if their current QB propsect doesn't work out (doubtful: McCoy is looking great), at least they're not set back an entire xxxxing decade as a result of it.
And you guys are playing smart, passionate football. I gotta say, Tip o the hat, mates. It'll be a good game next week. Here's to hoping my new chowder mouth Jets coach doesn't xxxx it up next week.
-
By terms right now I consider a "player's coach" as someone who lets the players run the show. I would put Wade Phillips in that boat, what a great guy to play for. He let's us celebrate in the end zone even when it costs us games. Wow, I wonder why they fired Wade?
I would rather have a coach that demands excellence and that the players respect. That is how I see mangini. If you want to go through the motions then you had better play somewhere else. But, if you want to play as a team and feel that winning is the first priority mangini is your guy (there are a few others).
-
yep Gipper...thats it....Im offended by the insulting well thought out posts...it hurts me....Ill go weep now
-
Mangidiot will only validate why the Jets dumped him...trust me...you will feel the same in another year
And you know WHY the Jets dumped him do you? I haven't met a Jets fan yet who gets it except for my brother. I was at every home game that year except the Dolphins game. Your owner wanted a scapegoat so he could sell you those JACKED UP PSLs. He wanted a "players' coach". Well, now you have him. Don't tear down Mangini to feel good about yourselves. You're sucking down that bullshit sandwich the NY media is serving you because he wouldn't open access to them. It was public pressure and nothing else because people in the league who know football know Mangini can really coach the game. If this game comes down to coaching....you're in a bad spot there homey with Rex blowing his load on timeouts, challenges and strutting like a peacock. Penalties and coaching will be key.
I too could look like a defensive genius if I had Mangini's players, added Leonard and Bart Scott and blitzed 50% of first downs while Revis (a guy ONLY Mangini wanted) holds down half of the field.
Nice try. Browns fans, next time a Jets poster posts....let me caution you....there's a reason their team's names rhyme and are monosyllabic.
And you know WHY the Jets dumped him do you? I haven't met a Jets fan yet who gets it except for my brother. I was at every home game that year except the Dolphins game. Your owner wanted a scapegoat so he could sell you those JACKED UP PSLs. He wanted a "players' coach". Well, now you have him. Don't tear down Mangini to feel good about yourselves. You're sucking down that bullshit sandwich the NY media is serving you because he wouldn't open access to them. It was public pressure and nothing else because people in the league who know football know Mangini can really coach the game. If this game comes down to coaching....you're in a bad spot there homey with Rex blowing his load on timeouts, challenges and strutting like a peacock. Penalties and coaching will be key.
I too could look like a defensive genius if I had Mangini's players, added Leonard and Bart Scott and blitzed 50% of first downs while Revis (a guy ONLY Mangini wanted) holds down half of the field.
Nice try. Browns fans, next time a Jets poster posts....let me caution you....there's a reason their team's names rhyme and are monosyllabic.
Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex
-
And you know WHY the Jets dumped him do you? I haven't met a Jets fan yet who gets it except for my brother. I was at every home game that year except the Dolphins game. Your owner wanted a scapegoat so he could sell you those JACKED UP PSLs. He wanted a "players' coach". Well, now you have him. Don't tear down Mangini to feel good about yourselves. You're sucking down that bullshit sandwich the NY media is serving you because he wouldn't open access to them. It was public pressure and nothing else because people in the league who know football know Mangini can really coach the game. If this game comes down to coaching....you're in a bad spot there homey with Rex blowing his load on timeouts, challenges and strutting like a peacock. Penalties and coaching will be key.
I too could look like a defensive genius if I had Mangini's players, added Leonard and Bart Scott and blitzed 50% of first downs while Revis (a guy ONLY Mangini wanted) holds down half of the field.
Nice try. Browns fans, next time a Jets poster posts....let me caution you....there's a reason their team's names rhyme and are monosyllabic.
Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex
Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex
And I'm glad we don't see the jackasses like you the week after we play your team.
-
I said it in another thread....
J-E-T-S, the Jets are NEXT NEXT NEXT...to get xxxxing beat down!
Seriously, you squeaked by the Lions this week and we dismantled the Pats. Get ready to get got by the Browns next Sunday! Just ask the Saints and Patriots.
I said it in another thread....
J-E-T-S, the Jets are NEXT NEXT NEXT...to get xxxxing beat down!
Seriously, you squeaked by the Lions this week and we dismantled the Pats. Get ready to get got by the Browns next Sunday! Just ask the Saints and Patriots.
LMFAO!!!!
Browns are starting to get a swager to them, and look out if we beat NY, bc we will feel invincible after that.
-
Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex
And I'm glad we don't see the jackasses like you the week after we play your team.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
And I'm glad we don't see the jackasses like you the week after we play your team.I just might come back to say hello to you for showing me so much love
-
And you know WHY the Jets dumped him do you? I haven't met a Jets fan yet who gets it except for my brother. I was at every home game that year except the Dolphins game. Your owner wanted a scapegoat so he could sell you those JACKED UP PSLs. He wanted a "players' coach". Well, now you have him. Don't tear down Mangini to feel good about yourselves. You're sucking down that bullshit sandwich the NY media is serving you because he wouldn't open access to them. It was public pressure and nothing else because people in the league who know football know Mangini can really coach the game. If this game comes down to coaching....you're in a bad spot there homey with Rex blowing his load on timeouts, challenges and strutting like a peacock. Penalties and coaching will be key.
I too could look like a defensive genius if I had Mangini's players, added Leonard and Bart Scott and blitzed 50% of first downs while Revis (a guy ONLY Mangini wanted) holds down half of the field.
Nice try. Browns fans, next time a Jets poster posts....let me caution you....there's a reason their team's names rhyme and are monosyllabic.
Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex
Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex
My eyes are wide open. You obviously believe jackasses like Carton and Schein. If you believe coaches can't change and grow then you're more of an idiot than you seem. I'm sure you weren't crying about Mangini when he was 8-3 in 2008 and had just outclassed Belichick and an undefeated Jeff Fisher in back to back weeks. He and Tannenbaum reshaped the team but Tannenbaum is a lawyer. He'd never scouted a player before that. Mangini brought discipline and professionalism to the team. I know that first hand. He convinced guys like Jenkins, Thomas Jones and even Favre that New Jersey was a reasonable place to live. I didn't rely on WFAN or the Post to tell me that.
You guys are all the same. Start with your pithy attacks while your team is a winner (and no one here is saying they aren't a formidable opponent) and then run with your tail between your legs when your team can't cash the checks their mouths are writing. We'll see how well Rex's act plays in NY when he costs his team games.
Read last Sunday's article about Mangini in the Times (assuming you can read on that level). It's well written and a true test of whether a Jet fan can be objective (which we know they can't be or else they wouldn't be Mets fans).
-
I scoped out one of the Jets message boards and most fans are NOT taking this game for granted. Smart fans. But some are still predicting a 30-14 beat down (Jets winning.) That's just not going to happen. Their logic is that they have a good run D and that should eliminate Hillis and force Colt to start throwing. Cold doesnt throw much per game, averaging around 19, 20 passes, but given what he did against the Cheatiots, do they really WANT Colt to gear up and start throwing? You cant stop Hillis all game, and he gets better throuhout the game as it goes on. Stuckey and Mangini want to prove their worth against their old team and I think we win this one 24-17.
-
I scoped out one of the Jets message boards and most fans are NOT taking this game for granted. Smart fans. But some are still predicting a 30-14 beat down (Jets winning.) That's just not going to happen. Their logic is that they have a good run D and that should eliminate Hillis and force Colt to start throwing. Cold doesnt throw much per game, averaging around 19, 20 passes, but given what he did against the Cheatiots, do they really WANT Colt to gear up and start throwing? You cant stop Hillis all game, and he gets better throuhout the game as it goes on. Stuckey and Mangini want to prove their worth against their old team and I think we win this one 24-17.
I scoped out one of the Jets message boards and most fans are NOT taking this game for granted. Smart fans. But some are still predicting a 30-14 beat down (Jets winning.) That's just not going to happen. Their logic is that they have a good run D and that should eliminate Hillis and force Colt to start throwing. Cold doesnt throw much per game, averaging around 19, 20 passes, but given what he did against the Cheatiots, do they really WANT Colt to gear up and start throwing? You cant stop Hillis all game, and he gets better throuhout the game as it goes on. Stuckey and Mangini want to prove their worth against their old team and I think we win this one 24-17.
let colt throw. i hope that he carries us to the victory on sunday so this lame-ass attempt at a qb controversy is put to sleep. he needs to have 'the game' that solidifies him as the starter.
-
but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week
You're goin' down...the place will be rocking as Mangini gets revenge on another former team.
Braylon may get a token long-TD catch, but that is all.....Browns 31 Jets 13
You're goin' down...the place will be rocking as Mangini gets revenge on another former team.
Braylon may get a token long-TD catch, but that is all.....Browns 31 Jets 13
You guys are playing better, no doubt and we always seem to have trouble with the Browns, but I don't think there's anyway you score 31 on our D.
-
You're goin' down...the place will be rocking as Mangini gets revenge on another former team.
Braylon may get a token long-TD catch, but that is all.....Browns 31 Jets 13
You guys are playing better, no doubt and we always seem to have trouble with the Browns, but I don't think there's anyway you score 31 on our D.
You guys are playing better, no doubt and we always seem to have trouble with the Browns, but I don't think there's anyway you score 31 on our D.
I agree, I do not think this will be a high schoring game on either end. The Ryans are both amazing defensive coaches.
-
You guys are playing better, no doubt and we always seem to have trouble with the Browns, but I don't think there's anyway you score 31 on our D.
I agree, I do not think this will be a high schoring game on either end. The Ryans are both amazing defensive coaches.
I agree, I do not think this will be a high schoring game on either end. The Ryans are both amazing defensive coaches.
I expect to see a whole lot of hard, violent hits in this game. I'm sure that the Ryan brothers are talking some smack to each other. Neither wants to see their defense give up anything.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login