Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Comments on MNF

Comments on MNF

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
26 Posts 19 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • miktoxic miktoxicM
    • 13k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #1

    couple of things i just wanted to comment on:

    1) is carson palmer the most over-rated qb ever?

    and

    2) god i hate this broadcasting crew. gruden, jaws and tirico......most annoying douchebags ever.

    E 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • miktoxicM miktoxic

      couple of things i just wanted to comment on:

      1) is carson palmer the most over-rated qb ever?

      and

      2) god i hate this broadcasting crew. gruden, jaws and tirico......most annoying douchebags ever.

      Earl34 E
      • 1k Posts
      • 11 Reputation
      E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @miktoxic said:

      couple of things i just wanted to comment on:

      1) is carson palmer the most over-rated qb ever?

      and

      2) god i hate this broadcasting crew. gruden, jaws and tirico......most annoying douchebags ever.

      I don't know about Palmer. I think that he's really taken a nose dive after one or two good seasons. His elbow is not right. He's playing like DA.

      I don't prefer Tirico to other play-by-play guys. I don't mind Jaws either. I think that Gruden keeps harping on Gresham and Shipley needing to "win matchups"....Hey Jon...news flash....Shipley had no chance on a ball thrown 3 or 4 yards out of bounds! Stop perseverating!

      K 1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • miktoxic miktoxicM
        • 13k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
        #3

        i know gruden gets paid to talk and share his opinions but i couldn't handle hearing that shit as a player.

        dude's on some happy shiny pills.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Gips GipsG
          • 3k Posts
          • 34 Reputation
          GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Simply put...yes and yes..

          We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • WRREBEL WRREBELW
            • 2k Posts
            • 87 Reputation
            WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Could be worse dennis miller could be back in the booth

            R 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Spunkonmyback DPOY S
              • 799 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
              #6

              No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

              "Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil" - Niccolo Machiavelli "Expectation is the root of all heartache." - William Shakespeare "In time we hate that which we often fear. " - William Shakespeare "I DO ROIDS ... and GIVE HEAD" - ATENEARS http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16312 http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06166/698372-66.stm Friday said, "posters on Internet message boards hide behind their keyboards and write things they would never have the courage to say aloud in public. He said posters who write tasteless messages use football and the rivalries between teams as a way of getting out their aggression in a non-violent manner." Predicted 2010 Steelers record from this board: 7-9; 6-10; 8-8; 9-7; 10-6
              miktoxicM Harry BuffaloH BrownsBackerB 3 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • S Spunkonmyback DPOY

                No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

                miktoxic miktoxicM
                • 13k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

                No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

                did anybody see them? i didn't hear the crew mention anything about them.

                i will say that troy's hair looks spectacular tonight though.

                (sorry, was saving that for the 1st steeler fan to come on here)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 29 Reputation
                  TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Didn't see any helmet to helmet.

                  Get off the grass kid.

                  Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • S Spunkonmyback DPOY

                    No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

                    Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                    • 3k Posts
                    • 241 Reputation
                    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

                    No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

                    Look clean to me. But hey if they break someones neck from the steelers then I say a suspension would be worth it. Hopefully Hines Ward. I could see him doing V8 commercials, cause there the only ones who will sponsor vegetables.

                    Ruining threads since 1897.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • S Spunkonmyback DPOY

                      No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

                      BrownsBacker BrownsBackerB
                      • 297 Posts
                      • 20 Reputation
                      BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

                      No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

                      Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Soju SojuS
                        • 945 Posts
                        • 69 Reputation
                        SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        i know the MNF commentators blow hard, but how bad is Rich Gannon? And why in the world does he always end up doing our games (seriously, can someone answer this? are they on rotations every year where one commentator does a certain team then switches to another team next year? curious about that.) They couldn't find another enthusiastic commentator if they tried.

                        I wish Gus Johnson did all of our games, he's best in the league in my opinion!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker

                          @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

                          No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

                          Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

                          Spunkonmyback DPOY S
                          • 799 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by Spunkonmyback DPOY
                          #12

                          @brownsbacker said:

                          Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

                          I am just concerned about player safety. Most of you guys were (acted like you were) a few weeks a go when Harrison lit your team up. I was just wondering if you guys honestly cared about the issue or if some of you guys just wanted another excuse to whine about the Steelers. I got my answer so now I will be on my way.

                          "Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil" - Niccolo Machiavelli "Expectation is the root of all heartache." - William Shakespeare "In time we hate that which we often fear. " - William Shakespeare "I DO ROIDS ... and GIVE HEAD" - ATENEARS http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16312 http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06166/698372-66.stm Friday said, "posters on Internet message boards hide behind their keyboards and write things they would never have the courage to say aloud in public. He said posters who write tasteless messages use football and the rivalries between teams as a way of getting out their aggression in a non-violent manner." Predicted 2010 Steelers record from this board: 7-9; 6-10; 8-8; 9-7; 10-6
                          B 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • S Spunkonmyback DPOY

                            @brownsbacker said:

                            Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

                            I am just concerned about player safety. Most of you guys were (acted like you were) a few weeks a go when Harrison lit your team up. I was just wondering if you guys honestly cared about the issue or if some of you guys just wanted another excuse to whine about the Steelers. I got my answer so now I will be on my way.

                            BigBrownsFan B
                            • 534 Posts
                            • 6 Reputation
                            B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

                            I am just concerned about player safety. Most of you guys were (acted like you were) a few weeks a go when Harrison lit your team up. I was just wondering if you guys honestly cared about the issue or if some of you guys just wanted another excuse to whine about the Steelers. I got my answer so now I will be on my way.

                            And while you are on your way, how about either A - stepping out in front of a moving bus, or B - take a jump off the Fort Pitt bridge with concrete blocks tied to your ankle.

                            Because nobody will give a shit if you are no more.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            ❤
                            Quote Reply
                            • E Earl34

                              @miktoxic said:

                              couple of things i just wanted to comment on:

                              1) is carson palmer the most over-rated qb ever?

                              and

                              2) god i hate this broadcasting crew. gruden, jaws and tirico......most annoying douchebags ever.

                              I don't know about Palmer. I think that he's really taken a nose dive after one or two good seasons. His elbow is not right. He's playing like DA.

                              I don't prefer Tirico to other play-by-play guys. I don't mind Jaws either. I think that Gruden keeps harping on Gresham and Shipley needing to "win matchups"....Hey Jon...news flash....Shipley had no chance on a ball thrown 3 or 4 yards out of bounds! Stop perseverating!

                              kshutchins K
                              • 951 Posts
                              • 19 Reputation
                              K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @earl34 said:

                              I don't know about Palmer. I think that he's really taken a nose dive after one or two good seasons. His elbow is not right. He's playing like DA.

                              I don't prefer Tirico to other play-by-play guys. I don't mind Jaws either. I think that Gruden keeps harping on Gresham and Shipley needing to "win matchups"....Hey Jon...news flash....Shipley had no chance on a ball thrown 3 or 4 yards out of bounds! Stop perseverating!

                              I like Jaws when he's breaking down the x's and o's. Tirico is okay. I turned off the sound because of Gruden.

                              Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 139 Reputation
                                ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                For as much access that any of these guys have to the teams playing each week, you would think that they would have more tidbits that the common fan would enjoy hearing about. Instead they seem to trumpet the same boring shit most already know.

                                Could you imagine all the things that would really surprise you in following a teams practice plan in preparation for the game. Being able to interview players, and visiting the teams facilities? This booth needs a common fan point of view, not these token experts who keep preaching the ESPN highlight reel. That is what made Howard Cossel, he wasn't an ex football player or athlete, he knew what questions to ask and what to dwell on.

                                So tired of all the stroking going on with the chosen appoint elite of ESPN ... they should be reporting on everything but the main stream guys.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • 585Dawg 5
                                  • 117 Posts
                                  • 1 Reputation
                                  5 585Dawg wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I actually think this is the best Monday night crew to date... I think all 3 mesh very well. Both Jaws and Gruden actually know what they are talking about.. we don't need comedians in the booth for monday night, or any game...

                                  M 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                    • 6k Posts
                                    • 221 Reputation
                                    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Did anyone notice how many people got hurt? Good game though. The Bungles need a change, they need to clean house and start over.

                                    Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                    M 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                                      Did anyone notice how many people got hurt? Good game though. The Bungles need a change, they need to clean house and start over.

                                      MudratDetector M
                                      • 389 Posts
                                      • 1 Reputation
                                      M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @kosar_for_president said:

                                      Did anyone notice how many people got hurt? Good game though. The Bungles need a change, they need to clean house and start over.

                                      yes, they do but i would rather them stay in the cellar. marvin lewis looks like he would rather be any place other than the bengals sideline.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • 5 585Dawg

                                        I actually think this is the best Monday night crew to date... I think all 3 mesh very well. Both Jaws and Gruden actually know what they are talking about.. we don't need comedians in the booth for monday night, or any game...

                                        MudratDetector M
                                        • 389 Posts
                                        • 1 Reputation
                                        M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @585dawg said:

                                        I actually think this is the best Monday night crew to date... I think all 3 mesh very well. Both Jaws and Gruden actually know what they are talking about.. we don't need comedians in the booth for monday night, or any game...

                                        did you watch the browns/ravens last year on MNF and hear gruden going on and on about how great of a QB that quinn is?

                                        5 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • BuckeyeBrown B
                                          • 70 Posts
                                          • 7 Reputation
                                          B BuckeyeBrown wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          The worst was when harrison threw his body at the feet of a player that was already being tackled and was half way to the ground and lauded him for making a "great tackle". Sure he helped make sure the player lost his balance and was brought to the ground but it was about as far away from good form as you can get.

                                          miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate