Skip to content

Comments on MNF

The Browns Board
26 19 2.1k
  • No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

  • No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

    did anybody see them? i didn't hear the crew mention anything about them.

    i will say that troy's hair looks spectacular tonight though.

    (sorry, was saving that for the 1st steeler fan to come on here)

  • Didn't see any helmet to helmet.

    Get off the grass kid.

  • No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

    Look clean to me. But hey if they break someones neck from the steelers then I say a suspension would be worth it. Hopefully Hines Ward. I could see him doing V8 commercials, cause there the only ones who will sponsor vegetables.

  • No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

    Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

  • i know the MNF commentators blow hard, but how bad is Rich Gannon? And why in the world does he always end up doing our games (seriously, can someone answer this? are they on rotations every year where one commentator does a certain team then switches to another team next year? curious about that.) They couldn't find another enthusiastic commentator if they tried.

    I wish Gus Johnson did all of our games, he's best in the league in my opinion!

  • @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

    Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

    @brownsbacker said:

    Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

    I am just concerned about player safety. Most of you guys were (acted like you were) a few weeks a go when Harrison lit your team up. I was just wondering if you guys honestly cared about the issue or if some of you guys just wanted another excuse to whine about the Steelers. I got my answer so now I will be on my way.

  • @brownsbacker said:

    Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

    I am just concerned about player safety. Most of you guys were (acted like you were) a few weeks a go when Harrison lit your team up. I was just wondering if you guys honestly cared about the issue or if some of you guys just wanted another excuse to whine about the Steelers. I got my answer so now I will be on my way.

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    I am just concerned about player safety. Most of you guys were (acted like you were) a few weeks a go when Harrison lit your team up. I was just wondering if you guys honestly cared about the issue or if some of you guys just wanted another excuse to whine about the Steelers. I got my answer so now I will be on my way.

    And while you are on your way, how about either A - stepping out in front of a moving bus, or B - take a jump off the Fort Pitt bridge with concrete blocks tied to your ankle.

    Because nobody will give a shit if you are no more.

  • @miktoxic said:

    couple of things i just wanted to comment on:

    1) is carson palmer the most over-rated qb ever?

    and

    2) god i hate this broadcasting crew. gruden, jaws and tirico......most annoying douchebags ever.

    I don't know about Palmer. I think that he's really taken a nose dive after one or two good seasons. His elbow is not right. He's playing like DA.

    I don't prefer Tirico to other play-by-play guys. I don't mind Jaws either. I think that Gruden keeps harping on Gresham and Shipley needing to "win matchups"....Hey Jon...news flash....Shipley had no chance on a ball thrown 3 or 4 yards out of bounds! Stop perseverating!

    @earl34 said:

    I don't know about Palmer. I think that he's really taken a nose dive after one or two good seasons. His elbow is not right. He's playing like DA.

    I don't prefer Tirico to other play-by-play guys. I don't mind Jaws either. I think that Gruden keeps harping on Gresham and Shipley needing to "win matchups"....Hey Jon...news flash....Shipley had no chance on a ball thrown 3 or 4 yards out of bounds! Stop perseverating!

    I like Jaws when he's breaking down the x's and o's. Tirico is okay. I turned off the sound because of Gruden.

  • For as much access that any of these guys have to the teams playing each week, you would think that they would have more tidbits that the common fan would enjoy hearing about. Instead they seem to trumpet the same boring shit most already know.

    Could you imagine all the things that would really surprise you in following a teams practice plan in preparation for the game. Being able to interview players, and visiting the teams facilities? This booth needs a common fan point of view, not these token experts who keep preaching the ESPN highlight reel. That is what made Howard Cossel, he wasn't an ex football player or athlete, he knew what questions to ask and what to dwell on.

    So tired of all the stroking going on with the chosen appoint elite of ESPN ... they should be reporting on everything but the main stream guys.

  • I actually think this is the best Monday night crew to date... I think all 3 mesh very well. Both Jaws and Gruden actually know what they are talking about.. we don't need comedians in the booth for monday night, or any game...

  • Did anyone notice how many people got hurt? Good game though. The Bungles need a change, they need to clean house and start over.

  • Did anyone notice how many people got hurt? Good game though. The Bungles need a change, they need to clean house and start over.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Did anyone notice how many people got hurt? Good game though. The Bungles need a change, they need to clean house and start over.

    yes, they do but i would rather them stay in the cellar. marvin lewis looks like he would rather be any place other than the bengals sideline.

  • I actually think this is the best Monday night crew to date... I think all 3 mesh very well. Both Jaws and Gruden actually know what they are talking about.. we don't need comedians in the booth for monday night, or any game...

    @585dawg said:

    I actually think this is the best Monday night crew to date... I think all 3 mesh very well. Both Jaws and Gruden actually know what they are talking about.. we don't need comedians in the booth for monday night, or any game...

    did you watch the browns/ravens last year on MNF and hear gruden going on and on about how great of a QB that quinn is?

  • The worst was when harrison threw his body at the feet of a player that was already being tackled and was half way to the ground and lauded him for making a "great tackle". Sure he helped make sure the player lost his balance and was brought to the ground but it was about as far away from good form as you can get.

  • Their lovefest for the Steelers is disgusting.

  • @585dawg said:

    I actually think this is the best Monday night crew to date... I think all 3 mesh very well. Both Jaws and Gruden actually know what they are talking about.. we don't need comedians in the booth for monday night, or any game...

    did you watch the browns/ravens last year on MNF and hear gruden going on and on about how great of a QB that quinn is?

    @mudratdetector said:

    did you watch the browns/ravens last year on MNF and hear gruden going on and on about how great of a QB that quinn is?

    I was actually at the game so I did not hear that... But hey.. I guess you can't be right all the time..

  • I really enjoyed the beatdown Peko put on Palamalu...hee, hee

  • The worst was when harrison threw his body at the feet of a player that was already being tackled and was half way to the ground and lauded him for making a "great tackle". Sure he helped make sure the player lost his balance and was brought to the ground but it was about as far away from good form as you can get.

    @buckeyebrown said:

    The worst was when harrison threw his body at the feet of a player that was already being tackled and was half way to the ground and lauded him for making a "great tackle". Sure he helped make sure the player lost his balance and was brought to the ground but it was about as far away from good form as you can get.

    i saw that play and heard the congrats by jaws and gruden. (tirico couldn't speak........he was too busy lickin gruden's ball). what a crock of shit! if the guy hadn't been hit and going down already harrison would have cranked the guy in his knees. and noone still knows how to form tackle (at least from what i saw last night). they just throw themselves at the guy with the ball w/o wrapping him up. stupid.

  • Could be worse dennis miller could be back in the booth

    @wrrebel said:

    Could be worse dennis miller could be back in the booth

    Loved Dennis Miller - Stillers fan!