Skip to content

making the playoffs...impossible?

The Browns Board
31 20 2.5k
  • We really needed Cincy to win last night for much of any chance. They suck and I can't believe they opened MNF by starting flat at Home on National TV in a do or die situation.

  • i'm not going to say that the browns have a shot at the playoffs. however, i will say that 4 weeks ago, i was looking at our schedule and thinking to myself "who can we beat?". now, i look at the schedule and think to myself "who CAN'T we beat?". go browns. this season is far from over. let's get to .500 and build on that.

  • I see 11-5 as the number needed to get into the play-offs as a wilcard this year in the AFC. I see the Steelers/Ravens topping the North and the Pats/Jets topping the east. The West is a mess and someone there will probably end up with a home play-off at 9-7. I see the Colts winning the South, but Tennessee may still squeak by them. You can not lose another AFC game or you are out of play-off contention.

  • Let's take one game at a time and see how it plays out..

    If we beat the jets, looking ahead who knows what happens, but it adds excitement

  • Let's take one game at a time and see how it plays out..

    If we beat the jets, looking ahead who knows what happens, but it adds excitement

    @wrrebel said:

    Let's take one game at a time and see how it plays out..

    If we beat the jets, looking ahead who knows what happens, but it adds excitement

    The way the schedules pan out, we could EASILY see three teams coming from out division. Don't count us out, yet.

  • My son Jack and I agreed that we'd wait until the Browns beat the Jets to go to 4-5 to even muse about it. The Chargers just went to 4-5 and everybody says their one of the serious contenders.

  • We really needed Cincy to win last night for much of any chance. They suck and I can't believe they opened MNF by starting flat at Home on National TV in a do or die situation.

    @atenears said:

    We really needed Cincy to win last night for much of any chance. They suck and I can't believe they opened MNF by starting flat at Home on National TV in a do or die situation.

    i think at 11-5 we'd make it. Don't worry about what Pittsburgh does.

  • I'm not worrying about the damn playoffs.

    Can we please take one game at a time and just focus on the opposing team at hand, and just winning football games. Not smart to look ahead like that. It's a one game season for me at least. And I'm sure the coaches aren't even thinking playoffs at this point.

  • I'm not worrying about the damn playoffs.

    Can we please take one game at a time and just focus on the opposing team at hand, and just winning football games. Not smart to look ahead like that. It's a one game season for me at least. And I'm sure the coaches aren't even thinking playoffs at this point.

    @carolina-brownie said:

    I'm not worrying about the damn playoffs.

    Can we please take one game at a time and just focus on the opposing team at hand, and just winning football games. Not smart to look ahead like that. It's a one game season for me at least. And I'm sure the coaches aren't even thinking playoffs at this point.

    well its the players job to look at one game at a time. We as fans don't have the added pressure of playing the actual game while focusing on making the playoffs, so we can talk about it all we want.

  • We really needed Cincy to win last night for much of any chance. They suck and I can't believe they opened MNF by starting flat at Home on National TV in a do or die situation.

    @atenears said:

    We really needed Cincy to win last night for much of any chance. They suck and I can't believe they opened MNF by starting flat at Home on National TV in a do or die situation.

    Agreed! I was just shocked by how bad Cinci started off last night. Although I never liked the clown, it was inspiring watching T.O. put that team emotionally on his back last night. I've never seen a team feed off of someone's energy like Cinci did last night. They had that 4th and 5 converted but Harrison put one hell of a lick on Jordan Shipley and dislodged the ball...disappointing because I too was thinking "If Cinci wins, we still have an outside shot of making the playoffs."

  • @carolina-brownie said:

    I'm not worrying about the damn playoffs.

    Can we please take one game at a time and just focus on the opposing team at hand, and just winning football games. Not smart to look ahead like that. It's a one game season for me at least. And I'm sure the coaches aren't even thinking playoffs at this point.

    well its the players job to look at one game at a time. We as fans don't have the added pressure of playing the actual game while focusing on making the playoffs, so we can talk about it all we want.

    @soju said:

    well its the players job to look at one game at a time. We as fans don't have the added pressure of playing the actual game while focusing on making the playoffs, so we can talk about it all we want.

    Good point. I understand that, I just don't want to praise about how good we are. Let's try to win more than 4 games in a row (last season), and I think we can if we keep this momentum. GO BROWNS!

  • I hope this isn't the case but in typical cleveland sports fashion we will miss the playoffs because of the first two games! Even if we finish 9-7 we will lose the tie breaker somehow and we will look back at those games and say "what if?".

  • At this stage I'm not so much concerned about making the playoffs as I am seeing continuous improvement week-to-week. Eliminating turnovers and bone-headed drive killing penalties. We can see this team coming together right before our eyes and right now I just want to sit back and enjoy it. Go Browns!

  • If we weren't in the AFC North i'd say it was likely. The only way we will go to the playoffs is if we win out.

  • The reason we brought up the Jets game and a possible 4-5 record: We then play a string of 5 teams we really should beat.

    Wouldn't it be cool to be 9-5 with the Ravens and Steelers coming to Cleveland?

  • The reason we brought up the Jets game and a possible 4-5 record: We then play a string of 5 teams we really should beat.

    Wouldn't it be cool to be 9-5 with the Ravens and Steelers coming to Cleveland?

    @shepwrite said:

    The reason we brought up the Jets game and a possible 4-5 record: We then play a string of 5 teams we really should beat.

    Wouldn't it be cool to be 9-5 with the Ravens and Steelers coming to Cleveland?

    of course.. but it would be cooler if we played Dallas and Carolina in Cleveland the last 2 weeks 😆

  • My son Jack and I agreed that we'd wait until the Browns beat the Jets to go to 4-5 to even muse about it. The Chargers just went to 4-5 and everybody says their one of the serious contenders.

    Shepwrite wrote:

    @shepwrite said:

    My son Jack and I agreed that we'd wait until the Browns beat the Jets to go to 4-5 to even muse about it. The Chargers just went to 4-5 and everybody says their one of the serious contenders.

    The chargers are contenders because of their division. No team in the West has more than 5 wins, so with a healthy dose of divisional play, it'll be easy for them to overcome the 1.5 games they currently trail.

  • I'll say this: If the Browns get to 6-5... any team at 6-5 is in the playoff hunt in almost any year.

    And if we get to 9-5 with the Ravens and Steelers coming to our house, those games will be HUGE. They'll matter.

  • Also... playoff teams are facing off against each other while we're in our "easy" stretch of five games. Hell, Baltimore plays AT Atlanta day after tomorrow. We're looking to move past teams like the three contenders in the AFC West, too. Ideally, three playoff teams come from the AFC Central, with us at 10-6 being the third.

    Hey, a guy can dream.

  • I'll say this: If the Browns get to 6-5... any team at 6-5 is in the playoff hunt in almost any year.

    And if we get to 9-5 with the Ravens and Steelers coming to our house, those games will be HUGE. They'll matter.

    @shepwrite said:

    I'll say this: If the Browns get to 6-5... any team at 6-5 is in the playoff hunt in almost any year.

    And if we get to 9-5 with the Ravens and Steelers coming to our house, those games will be HUGE. They'll matter.

    If we win the Jets game. I do not see us losing during during the Carolina, Jacksonville, Miami, Buffalo stretch.