Yikes
-
Well, I guess Al and MosquitoZits are all about being 100% partisan and negative !
Wait, isn't that why they were angry and wanted people banned?
Shoe is on the other foot? Or frantic diversion from Obama's closest advisor's troubles
on the national scene?
So far, looks like with all the scandals and troubles going on with the Dems, whining
about insignificant stories about anything Palin is all they have.
Why, you'd have thought they lost the election again.
Let's all post negative stuff about the Illinois corrupt Gov, and Emmanuel.
That's far more important.
Meanwhile, gays like Barny Fwank are outraged that Obama picked a pastor they hate,
and lefties are angry at the moderate, pretty respectable choices Obama has made
for his cabinet.
Let's wait and see how the lefties rail at the $$$$$$$$$$ spent in "escalating the unnecessary war on terror in
Obama's Afghanistan."
-
pilot.gif
-
I see my logic has clouted your ability to respond in typie typie - you are left speechless. @@
It's 13 degrees, time to get out my guitar and write a "Hey, Hon, I need some hotcakes for breakfast, it's artic blast outside" song.
Might need Steve to help me with the title...
-
Being "quaint" is only one of many wonderful aspects about myself.
I'm very versatile. And funny, once in a while, which, I would hope would
someday be an influence on a few libs.
-
Absolutely. Any judgement is subjective on matters like humor.
I think the Bob Newhart show was hysterically funny. And 3rd Rock from the Sun was, for whatever goofy reasons...
Red Skelton, Tim Conway, Bob Hope, the Carol Burnett show was...
but for drama and intrigue, NCIS takes the trophy. But NCIS is also at times, very
funny, too. "Reba" is also funny at times.
My novel is funny, at times, but sad, adventurous and suspenseful in places.
It's a long story, and it isn't finished yet. But I think I'll be writing some romance into
it towards the end.
But, "perception is reality" is a theory on these things that at least has some merit to it, philosophically.
But getting back to "funny" - seems that there were three primary aspects of comedy -
surprise, exaggeration, and irony. But the perceptions of those elements are not standard, obviously.
Being funny is an art, and in that art, it is perception by people that makes it what it is -
"great" artwork, could easily be perceived as "garbage" artwork. Like, I'm not keen on cubism/abstract art at all.
It's garbage to me. I'm all for realism, and sometimes, an impressionist painting is legitmate to me as a beautiful
work of art.
Otherwise, it's cop out garbage'.
Subjective. Obviously.
-
Absolutely. Any judgement is subjective on matters like humor.
I think the Bob Newhart show was hysterically funny. And 3rd Rock from the Sun was, for whatever goofy reasons...
Red Skelton, Tim Conway, Bob Hope, the Carol Burnett show was...
but for drama and intrigue, NCIS takes the trophy. But NCIS is also at times, very
funny, too. "Reba" is also funny at times.
My novel is funny, at times, but sad, adventurous and suspenseful in places.
It's a long story, and it isn't finished yet. But I think I'll be writing some romance into
it towards the end.
But, "perception is reality" is a theory on these things that at least has some merit to it, philosophically.
But getting back to "funny" - seems that there were three primary aspects of comedy -
surprise, exaggeration, and irony. But the perceptions of those elements are not standard, obviously.
Being funny is an art, and in that art, it is perception by people that makes it what it is -
"great" artwork, could easily be perceived as "garbage" artwork. Like, I'm not keen on cubism/abstract art at all.
It's garbage to me. I'm all for realism, and sometimes, an impressionist painting is legitmate to me as a beautiful
work of art.
Otherwise, it's cop out garbage'.
Subjective. Obviously.
My novel is funny, at times, but sad, adventurous and suspenseful in places.
It's a long story, and it isn't finished yet. But I think I'll be writing some romance into
it towards the end.
Better not make it more explicit than two virginal Christians holding hands or Palin and the Populists will burn it.
-
-
Is it bad when the former VP nominee's son-in-law gets more media attention for his drug use then the president-elect doing the same thing when he was around that age?
-
and some Dems are lamenting the lack of privacy for Obama now that he's pres elect?
But let Palin's daughter's fiance's mother's friends' son get a hangnail, and it goes public
with a vengence.
blech.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
