Skip to content

Vickers

The Browns Board
10 9 895
  • For as much love as we're giving (and rightfully so) Peyton Hillis and our offensive line, lets give it up for our stud fullback Lawrence Vickers. Every highlight video of Hillis shows Vickers blowing up a hole or getting a key block to set Hillis loose. This guy doesnt get enough credit for our running game, and he really deserves it I think. This is a guy whoh got kinda screwed with free agency last year, I hope we dont underrate him again and let him move on from being a Brown

  • For as much love as we're giving (and rightfully so) Peyton Hillis and our offensive line, lets give it up for our stud fullback Lawrence Vickers. Every highlight video of Hillis shows Vickers blowing up a hole or getting a key block to set Hillis loose. This guy doesnt get enough credit for our running game, and he really deserves it I think. This is a guy whoh got kinda screwed with free agency last year, I hope we dont underrate him again and let him move on from being a Brown

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    For as much love as we're giving (and rightfully so) Peyton Hillis and our offensive line, lets give it up for our stud fullback Lawrence Vickers. Every highlight video of Hillis shows Vickers blowing up a hole or getting a key block to set Hillis loose. This guy doesnt get enough credit for our running game, and he really deserves it I think. This is a guy whoh got kinda screwed with free agency last year, I hope we dont underrate him again and let him move on from being a Brown

    He will be in the Pro Bowl this year, for sure.

  • For as much love as we're giving (and rightfully so) Peyton Hillis and our offensive line, lets give it up for our stud fullback Lawrence Vickers. Every highlight video of Hillis shows Vickers blowing up a hole or getting a key block to set Hillis loose. This guy doesnt get enough credit for our running game, and he really deserves it I think. This is a guy whoh got kinda screwed with free agency last year, I hope we dont underrate him again and let him move on from being a Brown

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    This guy doesnt get enough credit for our running game

    I would have to disagree, I hear alot of Vickers praise and its definitely well deserved. This guy is a beast just like Peyton, and he LOVES TO BLOCK! At the pats game my section kept bringing up Vickers, saying things like "how would you like to have him coming at you?!" The Vickers/Hillis combo is something I have been longing for for a very long time.

  • You guys might have read that Vickers and Trusicks (not spelled right I think) got in a fist fight during practice this week. It's nice to see hoe fired up the team is getting for the game against the jets.

  • i like Vickers play so no one take this the wrong way, but Vick and Royal often telegraph the running play. Hillis runs away from them as much as he follows them, unlike JLew. Vick had a hand in breaking Hillis free on his big runs but he's still only one man blocking one opponent. the run game would survive without him. Steinbach pulling deserves waaaay more credit this year imo.

  • i like Vickers play so no one take this the wrong way, but Vick and Royal often telegraph the running play. Hillis runs away from them as much as he follows them, unlike JLew. Vick had a hand in breaking Hillis free on his big runs but he's still only one man blocking one opponent. the run game would survive without him. Steinbach pulling deserves waaaay more credit this year imo.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    i like Vickers play so no one take this the wrong way, but Vick and Royal often telegraph the running play. Hillis runs away from them as much as he follows them, unlike JLew. Vick had a hand in breaking Hillis free on his big runs but he's still only one man blocking one opponent. the run game would survive without him. Steinbach pulling deserves waaaay more credit this year imo.

    Yeah that's true but he does have to make the right reads and sustain the blocks long enough for Hillis to get by.

  • i like Vickers play so no one take this the wrong way, but Vick and Royal often telegraph the running play. Hillis runs away from them as much as he follows them, unlike JLew. Vick had a hand in breaking Hillis free on his big runs but he's still only one man blocking one opponent. the run game would survive without him. Steinbach pulling deserves waaaay more credit this year imo.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    i like Vickers play so no one take this the wrong way, but Vick and Royal often telegraph the running play. Hillis runs away from them as much as he follows them, unlike JLew. Vick had a hand in breaking Hillis free on his big runs but he's still only one man blocking one opponent. the run game would survive without him. Steinbach pulling deserves waaaay more credit this year imo.

    I agree with the Steinbach comment. I notice on the game winning play Steinbach sealing off that guy for Hillis to break the long one.

  • You guys might have read that Vickers and Trusicks (not spelled right I think) got in a fist fight during practice this week. It's nice to see hoe fired up the team is getting for the game against the jets.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    You guys might have read that Vickers and Trusicks (not spelled right I think) got in a fist fight during practice this week. It's nice to see hoe fired up the team is getting for the game against the jets.

    I didnt hear that anywhere. Thats saying something.

  • i made a thread last week for Vickers, he doesnt play a glamorous position but vital to Hillis' success. He's awesome!

  • Lets just agree that both vickers blowing up linebackers and Steinbach pulling are both doing their jobs very well. LETS GO BROWNS