Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Cavs Board
  3. Report: Cavs' LeBron may forgo free agency

Report: Cavs' LeBron may forgo free agency

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Cavs Board
4 Posts 4 Posters 1.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • plumcrazy73 plumcrazy73P
    • 402 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    plumcrazy73P plumcrazy73 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8971638...rgo-free-agency

    Report: Cavs' LeBron may forgo free agency

    CLEVELAND (AP) - LeBron James said he'll consider signing an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers this summer, well before he enters the free-agent market in 2010.

    "You play out the season of course; I will consider it," James told Cleveland's The Plain Dealer before the team practiced in Denver on Saturday. "The direction we are headed is everything I expected and more."

    James, under contract for two more seasons, can hit the free-agent market on July 1, 2010. There has long been speculation James will eventually end up in one of the NBA's larger markets — particularly with the New York Knicks.

    The Cavaliers (22-4) have the second-best record in the NBA.

    "I definitely want to keep an open mind, I will look at everything," James said. "(The extension) is a good point. I think me and my group have pretty much made good decisions so far and we'll look at the options and go from there."

    James signed a three-year, $43 million deal with the Cavaliers in 2006. The deal includes a player option for 2010-11 worth $17.4 million.

    “What Can BROWN Do For You!” Record for the year. 9-7 + or - 1 and not being swept by any team in the division.
    S 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • plumcrazy73P plumcrazy73

      http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8971638...rgo-free-agency

      Report: Cavs' LeBron may forgo free agency

      CLEVELAND (AP) - LeBron James said he'll consider signing an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers this summer, well before he enters the free-agent market in 2010.

      "You play out the season of course; I will consider it," James told Cleveland's The Plain Dealer before the team practiced in Denver on Saturday. "The direction we are headed is everything I expected and more."

      James, under contract for two more seasons, can hit the free-agent market on July 1, 2010. There has long been speculation James will eventually end up in one of the NBA's larger markets — particularly with the New York Knicks.

      The Cavaliers (22-4) have the second-best record in the NBA.

      "I definitely want to keep an open mind, I will look at everything," James said. "(The extension) is a good point. I think me and my group have pretty much made good decisions so far and we'll look at the options and go from there."

      James signed a three-year, $43 million deal with the Cavaliers in 2006. The deal includes a player option for 2010-11 worth $17.4 million.

      Snatch98 S
      • 199 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      S Snatch98 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @plumcrazy73 said:

      http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8971638...rgo-free-agency

      Report: Cavs' LeBron may forgo free agency

      CLEVELAND (AP) - LeBron James said he'll consider signing an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers this summer, well before he enters the free-agent market in 2010.

      "You play out the season of course; I will consider it," James told Cleveland's The Plain Dealer before the team practiced in Denver on Saturday. "The direction we are headed is everything I expected and more."

      James, under contract for two more seasons, can hit the free-agent market on July 1, 2010. There has long been speculation James will eventually end up in one of the NBA's larger markets — particularly with the New York Knicks.

      The Cavaliers (22-4) have the second-best record in the NBA.

      "I definitely want to keep an open mind, I will look at everything," James said. "(The extension) is a good point. I think me and my group have pretty much made good decisions so far and we'll look at the options and go from there."

      James signed a three-year, $43 million deal with the Cavaliers in 2006. The deal includes a player option for 2010-11 worth $17.4 million.

      Old news but I'm hoping he sticks around. Mo Williams is the X factor this year and I'd love to see a big move for a prime time free agent. There were Vince Carter rumors but I'm not sure I'd want VC on the Cavies.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DTBH DTBHD
        • 657 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
        #3

        So add the Cavs to your frontrunner portfolio. The Steelers, Buckeyes, and Cavs. Wow. That's about as bad as it gets. You do realize that all you did was pick the best teams? And I'm going to throw out there that you being a Cavs fan is a relatively new phenomenom, meaning within the last 4-5 years.

        So the Indians over the Pirates too? Though the Indians don't win EVERY year so it's probably more like the Yankees or Red Sox.

        How do you claim to be a fan?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • gcarl G
          • 44 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          G gcarl wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I wouldn't be too concerned about this right now. Alot can happen between now and the end of next season. I firmly believe that LeBron wants to play where he can win a championship... not necessarily where the most money is. I know he talks up New York, but the Knicks don't have a better chance of winning anything than the Cavaliers. Yes, the Knicks are clearing cap room in the hopes of landing LeBron, but they would use it all on him and couldn't give him a solid supporting cast. He has that with the Cavaliers. The way this season is going so far, why would he want to be anywhere else? Excellent owner, GM, coach, and teammates. It will only get better.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate