Skip to content

Rubin a Pasquarelli Midseason All Pro

The Browns Board
5 4 609
  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I had asked OBR's guys when they thought we'd start hearing that Ahtyba Rubin is a Pro Bowl candidate, given the dramatic improvement in the Browns' run defense (and the fact that the guy defense more passes and tackles more WRs than any NT ever)... and they said "soon."

    First glimpse just happened: Excellent football beat writer Len Pasquarelli named Rubin to his midseason all-pro team, calling him "a load" against the run game.

    Well deserved. He's been terrific since he took over for Rogers last year. He's one of our legit young talents, and there are more of those than people thought.

  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #2

    http://gnb.scout.com/2/1021171.html

    Earl Thomas made it as a starter. He was a candidate for the Browns pick at #7. I'm still waiting on Haden to change my mind like McCoy did. I'd still prefer Dez Bryant.

  • S Silverback wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Rubin is a quality young player, I like him, but he is far from an All-Pro, or even a Pro Bowler. Casey Hampton should be All-Pro as his run defense is on pace to be the best run D in the history of the NFL, and he is the anchor and key to the run D.

  • http://gnb.scout.com/2/1021171.html

    Earl Thomas made it as a starter. He was a candidate for the Browns pick at #7. I'm still waiting on Haden to change my mind like McCoy did. I'd still prefer Dez Bryant.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @shepwrite said:

    http://gnb.scout.com/2/1021171.html

    Earl Thomas made it as a starter. He was a candidate for the Browns pick at #7. I'm still waiting on Haden to change my mind like McCoy did. I'd still prefer Dez Bryant.

    I think Haden stepped up and answered the question why we picked him. He did great today, on defense and on special teams. I know some of you are saying that he should have dropped that INT, but you can't tell a D back to drop a pick on ANY play unless it is the last play of the game. We don't know what would have happened if he didn't intercept it so it is a moot point. I think he showed this game that he should be starting over Wright, who sucked this game.

  • Rubin is a quality young player, I like him, but he is far from an All-Pro, or even a Pro Bowler. Casey Hampton should be All-Pro as his run defense is on pace to be the best run D in the history of the NFL, and he is the anchor and key to the run D.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @silverback said:

    Rubin is a quality young player, I like him, but he is far from an All-Pro, or even a Pro Bowler. Casey Hampton should be All-Pro as his run defense is on pace to be the best run D in the history of the NFL, and he is the anchor and key to the run D.

    Him being on a more prolific defense probably hinders his chances, if anything. He's surrounded by talent at every position.

    It should come down to personal stats and nothing else. Not who was on the better defense, or who did it in spite of their defense.