Skip to content

Eric Wright

The Browns Board
19 18 2.2k
  • Eric Wright! How is it you that you were a stud last year and always left in man coverage, but this year you can't cover anything? Or tackle for that matter? Or, again, cover ANYBODY? Teams are going to target you week in and week out to see if you've fixed your problems and each week we find out you haven't. This is your contract year and when you leave, don't let the door hit you on the way out. C'mon Man!.....

    @navysteve_browns4life said:

    C'mon Man!.....

    Very original 🙄

  • I thoroughly enjoyed his effort on that last TD reception. He gave it his all, for sure. I also appreciate Robiskie's effort in diving for the loose fumble. The shoulder plant really helped establish the proper position in trying to wrap up the football. Come on man!

  • 350+ pound Shaun Rogers getting shrugged off by an immigrant...C'MON MAN!

  • Waive Eric Wright.

  • Letting an ex-Steeler beat us. C'MON MAN!

  • Waive Eric Wright.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Waive Eric Wright.

    It would be a good idea to have an equal or better CB before waiving eric wright, in due time mangini will correct the problem!

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Waive Eric Wright.

    It would be a good idea to have an equal or better CB before waiving eric wright, in due time mangini will correct the problem!

    @gips said:

    It would be a good idea to have an equal or better CB before waiving eric wright, in due time mangini will correct the problem!

    Slap Eric Wright.

  • I just watched the overtime again and the play that bothers me was a 3rd & 9 with 8 minutes to play. This is the play where the reciever was hurt and Eric Wright just quit on the play and the reciever makes a diving catch for a first down. That was just bad football and Wright needs released!

  • Something isn't right with Wright... @@

    How many times have receivers stopped, and come back for a pass, while

    Wright goes right on going for at least two steps, sometimes three steps.

    That's just wrong.

    What an awesome game though, seriously. This team is coming of age.

    Especially when the Browns kicked Patriot butt, and the Patriots just kicked Squeeler butt.

  • Imho he didn't get exposed earlier in his career b/c he was the best we had. So why throw at him when you have McDonald, Poteat, Cousins, etc. running around looking slow and confused to throw at? Most of QBs in the NFL have a gameplan based off matchups and he stands out as the weakest so he will continue to be picked on until he fixes his game.

  • I believe Wright is suffering from the added talent on the team I.E He's trying to hard now and its screwing him up. Think Fatbathia in the 07' playoffs dude was the worst pitcher on the team then and it was all because he was trying to hard.

  • Yeah Wright is surely lacking hopefully we can pick up a good draft day corner or a decent F/A at a nice price but hes gone next year with his contract and everything

  • Eric Wright will consistently overplay the ball or just stand there and watch. He doesn't get his head around when he's beat. How in the hell does an NFL corner give up that catch to a one-legged Cotchery? OK, it was an "out of his mind" kind of catch but still....you're telling me you can't stay with your man?

    I think that Eric Wright is most guilty of watching the backfield and not paying attention to his man once the play breaks down.

    He's what we've got but I would say that if Sheldon Brown is healthy then you make Wright the nickel corner and elevate Joe Haden to starter for good.

  • I just watched the overtime again and the play that bothers me was a 3rd & 9 with 8 minutes to play. This is the play where the reciever was hurt and Eric Wright just quit on the play and the reciever makes a diving catch for a first down. That was just bad football and Wright needs released!

    @rocknrollbrowns said:

    I just watched the overtime again and the play that bothers me was a 3rd & 9 with 8 minutes to play. This is the play where the reciever was hurt and Eric Wright just quit on the play and the reciever makes a diving catch for a first down. That was just bad football and Wright needs released!

    YESSS.. I can't agree with you more... When the play initially happened, you didn't know the recevier was hurt and hobbling around..

    Then the replay... the receiver is hobbling around and Wright still let's the guy catch a 1st down pass... are serious... You couldn't cover a hobbling receiver... Wright needs to go bye bye or serve Gatorade on the sidelines... His horrible coverage on that play is worse than stuckey's fumble IMO... (Yes, all he had to do was go out of bounds... and the game is probably over... but at least he fought hard and played hard.. wright is atrocious and needs to be waived..

  • my tolerance of wright has reached it's boiling point. he continues to get beat and look terrible. now, every news outlet showing the game yesterday was saying the same thing: holmes beats wright for the win." he's a laughing stock.

  • Eric Wright is like the bad kid in class. Every time something goes wrong, all fingers end up pointing to him. I say the only way we keep him is if he turns into a pro-bowl player for the rest of the season. Too many mistakes for that much money, sorry dude your time is UP.

  • Having never been a star player or coach, I'll defer to those who have been. Hanford Dixon LIKES Eric Wright, & I would love to hear exactly WHY from Hanford. Personally, I think there is something (non football) that is eating at Wright this year. He's been far better than his recent play indicates. I do agree that worst case scenario is that you don't part company with him until an upgrade is in place.

    Mike

  • I already posted something about Wright on another thread. But I would love to see him benched for a game or 2. He gives up way to many catches and scores.