Fighting in the locker room
-
@ ytown: i agree that smith's an asshole who needs to shut his mouth. all dude does is talk and sound like a moron. i wish quinn had hit him with the weight and knocked his teeth out.
you're right that i don't know what goes on in the locker room. do you think it's too much of a stretch to assume that there are, in a predominantly black sport, a fairly high percentage of obama supporters?
@ d'qwimbley: i think the difference is that those dudes are your friends. quinn and his teammates aren't necessarily friends, they're co-workers, people who might not get along to begin with.
-
@ ytown: i agree that smith's an asshole who needs to shut his mouth. all dude does is talk and sound like a moron. i wish quinn had hit him with the weight and knocked his teeth out.
you're right that i don't know what goes on in the locker room. do you think it's too much of a stretch to assume that there are, in a predominantly black sport, a fairly high percentage of obama supporters?
@ d'qwimbley: i think the difference is that those dudes are your friends. quinn and his teammates aren't necessarily friends, they're co-workers, people who might not get along to begin with.
@ ytown: i agree that smith's an asshole who needs to shut his mouth. all dude does is talk and sound like a moron. i wish quinn had hit him with the weight and knocked his teeth out.
you're right that i don't know what goes on in the locker room. do you think it's too much of a stretch to assume that there are, in a predominantly black sport, a fairly high percentage of obama supporters?
@ d'qwimbley: i think the difference is that those dudes are your friends. quinn and his teammates aren't necessarily friends, they're co-workers, people who might not get along to begin with.
I agreee with Jewdago - something like 97% of blacks voters chose Obama. It's not a stretch that the football teams are the same. We know Willie McGinest supported Obama.
If this sparked it, it shows what kind of control RAC has (or Phil is bringing in bad character guys).
As far as lifting, Quinn could easily lift with a splint on the finger - he had the surgery several weeks ago, and many exercises wouldn't strain the finger; not to mention the trainers probably know how to work around these types of injuries (or at least they *should*).
Damn shame what this season has become.
-
Like it or not it all comes back to lerner for tolorating this crap so long at every level its absolutely rediculous rac should have been canned at the bye week and savage after the season it couldnt have been any worse with tucker or chud running the show...
Like it or not it all comes back to lerner for tolorating this crap so long at every level its absolutely rediculous rac should have been canned at the bye week and savage after the season it couldnt have been any worse with tucker or chud running the show...
I agree....I said 6 games ago.....what possible good can come of keeping a lame duck HC in there??? Why do some of these owners go that route? So they don't ruin the season? Wtf???...it was ruined after the first 3 games. In my opinion, it has been a lot more embarrassing to keep Crennel, than to fire him early. I'm really starting to get worried.....is it possible that Lerner is thinking about letting Crennel stay??? Just shoot me now.
-
According to Jim Donovan, Sean Smith and Quinn got into a verbal confrontation, and all of a sudden, Smith punched Quinn in the face.
A big defensive lineman, sucker punching a qb with a fixed broken finger in the face? We don't need "defensive" linemen like this on the Browns.
Just another giant dummy who couldn't care less about football, only the money. The Browns need to replace Sean Smith trashheaps like this with
players who love the game, and want to win.
Although, it IS near the end of football season, so Smith probably just came out of hibernation, and desperately needs food - about a ton of anything a day.
-
http://www.f-ckrandylerner.com/ is available by the way
-
I blame that on Romeo too.
By leaving this dude in charge we are really f--king this team up .
I blame that on Romeo too.
By leaving this dude in charge we are really f--king this team up .
you blame Romeo for Quinn starting a fight and getting his ass kicked?
face facts pl3tnum, Quinn just isn't a leader. He's a pompous prick who his teammates don't like. It started when he walked in after his holdout like he owned the place.
-
I blame that on Romeo too.
By leaving this dude in charge we are really f--king this team up .
you blame Romeo for Quinn starting a fight and getting his ass kicked?
face facts pl3tnum, Quinn just isn't a leader. He's a pompous prick who his teammates don't like. It started when he walked in after his holdout like he owned the place.
you blame Romeo for Quinn starting a fight and getting his ass kicked?
face facts pl3tnum, Quinn just isn't a leader. He's a pompous prick who his teammates don't like. It started when he walked in after his holdout like he owned the place.
Yeah...I'm sure you're right. Shaun Smith...now there's a leader. Idiot.
-
Cutting Shaun Smith looks like the move to make, and it may not be as cap-costly as I thought.
Previously, I understood Shaun Smith to have received a $3.6M signing bonus up front with his deal. If that's the case, then cutting Shaun Smith would result in a cap charge equal to the two remaining proprated portions of his signing bonus - $1.8M.
But I checked rotoworld and it says that Smith's contract includes $3.6M in bonuses. If that money is paid out in roster bonuses, then it'll be a lot cheaper to cut Shaun.
Which is a good thing.
-
Talk about not knowing anything and demonizing a player based on conjecture. Did someone post up any facts or stories that prove Smith was at fault? Quinn because of what exactly is innocent how?
Shep lay off the its Quinn's team he took a dump in his 3 starts and proved nothing. As for leadership when was the last story of any starting qb getting into a lockerroom fight?
Who really cares anyways if these highly paid mercenaries fight in the lockerroom. The race factor and political links have zero validity in this story because no one knows, that was just personal conjecture.
-
Quinn's team he took a dump in his 3 starts
Sev, when will you learn to not post on any Quinn related topic? Quinn's first start was hardly a "dump". You're being just as illogical in your hatred of Quinn as Shep is in his love. Can't you see that?
-
Oh you were writing to me? Sorry I have you on ignore, so I can't hear you turn every thread into "Quinn's fault".
-
I'm starting to think this is a non-story. I think the fighting with your brother example above makes sense, as well as Shep's team in free-fall point.
When you haven't scored an offensive touchdown in months, you can't win at home, the crowd boo's every week, there's talk of firings, and on and on, there is going to be very little hand holding and Kumbayah-ing going on.
All no biggie to me.
By the way, if I'm Quinn, I would not have gone to introduce McCain. Vote and support for who you want, but he could have been more sensitive to the fact that Obama becoming president is a huge deal for the black community. No, you're not going to piss off every black guy on the team, but a little sensitivity would have made some sense to me. It's probably forgotten by now, so just water under the bridge.
-
I'm starting to think this is a non-story. I think the fighting with your brother example above makes sense, as well as Shep's team in free-fall point.
When you haven't scored an offensive touchdown in months, you can't win at home, the crowd boo's every week, there's talk of firings, and on and on, there is going to be very little hand holding and Kumbayah-ing going on.
All no biggie to me.
By the way, if I'm Quinn, I would not have gone to introduce McCain. Vote and support for who you want, but he could have been more sensitive to the fact that Obama becoming president is a huge deal for the black community. No, you're not going to piss off every black guy on the team, but a little sensitivity would have made some sense to me. It's probably forgotten by now, so just water under the bridge.
By the way, if I'm Quinn, I would not have gone to introduce McCain. Vote and support for who you want, but he could have been more sensitive to the fact that Obama becoming president is a huge deal for the black community. No, you're not going to piss off every black guy on the team, but a little sensitivity would have made some sense to me. It's probably forgotten by now, so just water under the bridge.
Barf.
-
@shepwrite said:
This team is so fragmented, it's crazy.Came out today that Crennel did NOT want Beau Bell... we traded up to get him... and he apparently had leprosy when he didn't have a dinged knee.
Here's the Mary Kay Cabot article that first reported it:
Analysis: Does Crennel deserve to be the fall guy?
I must say: if this is the best "analysis" Mary Kay can do, she better stick to straight reporting.
And I wish she had dug a little deeper on this story. In addition to reading that RAC didn't like Beau Bell, I'd be interested to know who RAC did like. Was there a mid-round ILB that he thought would be a better fit for our defense?
Apparently, Mary Kay didn't think to ask that question.
-
@shepwrite said:
Secondly, I'm in the minority here who think players should vote for whomever they please but keep it to themselves... and in this election more than any other. NFL locker rooms are 75% black and McCain's opponent was a historic black candidate.They are professionals. If you think they should act that way, then all professionals should. I'm in favor others accepting your beliefs and choices as your own and not being offended that you don't think exactly the same way they do. We shouldn't cater to those who are ultra-sensitive. That's how I feel, and I am cool with you feeling how you feel.
-
@shepwrite said:
This team is so fragmented, it's crazy.Came out today that Crennel did NOT want Beau Bell... we traded up to get him... and he apparently had leprosy when he didn't have a dinged knee.
Here's the Mary Kay Cabot article that first reported it:
Analysis: Does Crennel deserve to be the fall guy?
I must say: if this is the best "analysis" Mary Kay can do, she better stick to straight reporting.
And I wish she had dug a little deeper on this story. In addition to reading that RAC didn't like Beau Bell, I'd be interested to know who RAC did like. Was there a mid-round ILB that he thought would be a better fit for our defense?
Apparently, Mary Kay didn't think to ask that question.
Aloysius said:
Here's the Mary Kay Cabot article that first reported it:Analysis: Does Crennel deserve to be the fall guy?
I must say: if this is the best "analysis" Mary Kay can do, she better stick to straight reporting.
And I wish she had dug a little deeper on this story. In addition to reading that RAC didn't like Beau Bell, I'd be interested to know who RAC did like. Was there a mid-round ILB that he thought would be a better fit for our defense?
Apparently, Mary Kay didn't think to ask that question.
I agree Mary Kay isn't exactly a good analyst...or even interviewer...but the info there sure makes you wonder if it wasn't MORE Savage than Romeo who was the problem.
Just by adding Sheppard/Law and Horn....the possibilities for the Browns would have been GREATLY improved.
I wouldn't be surprised if that would have given us and extra lift enough to beat Washington, Baltimore (#2), Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, and of course Cinci #2. Having the extra go-to WR would have changed the game play of the offense and we could very easily have avoided the QB injuries...and may even have DA as QB right now (and be in a great place for trading either DA or BQ after the season). Having a vet in the DB...that could have stopped some of those late game meltdowns that we suffered through.
Sounds to me Savage spent too heavily and backed himself into a corner and unable to adjust to the injuries we suffered.
-
A few of you may recall back in camp that I predicted Shaun Smith and his foot in mouth would become an issue. I said at the time that a real coach would reel him in before he continued to spiral out of control and did something really stupidass.
It's quite evident that RAC let's Smith do whatever he wants, while at the same time Smith continues to let being a guy on the STO show make his head fatter than it already is. Don't forget, this guy didn't play a few games because he chose not to go with a cast.
I liked him last year, but his act is beyond old and the guy literally thinks he's the core of this team and its mouthpiece.
Got news for you fatso, you need to go. A guy like Parcells or Coughlin would have canned his too fat to play DE ass a long time ago.
How many of you guys watch that show with him on STO? Is it just me, or is he a complete buffoon on there?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login