Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Early thoughts on offensive rookie of the year?

Early thoughts on offensive rookie of the year?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
8 Posts 8 Posters 884 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • longhorn L
    • 332 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    L longhorn wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I just browsed thru nfl.com and saw that Tim Teebow is one of the nominees for rookie of the week for this past week. Rather than spew off about how this makes me want to puke, I decided I would ask you guys who you think the front runners are for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Sam Bradford, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams, Colt McCoy, Tim Teebow, Jahvid Best, or someone else.....? What are your thoughts? Right now I am leaning toward Dez Bryant if he continues to play like he has been. For several weeks he was the only bright spot in a dismal Cowboys season. Bradford will obviously get plenty of attention too. Mike Williams is doing very good. McCoy's stock will continue to grow as well if he keeps playing well.

    The one and only time losing is acceptable is when it involves your virginity.
    57BelAir5 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • BrownB499 BrownB499B
      • 571 Posts
      • 32 Reputation
      BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Bradford has been pretty impressive considering what he has to work with

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • tshirtfan T
        • 131 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        T tshirtfan wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I just saw a clip of Tebows first TD pass. That guy has an awfully slow release.

        1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
          #4

          To be honest, I've been so taken with OUR rookies that I haven't bothered to keep up with what others are doing. Maybe I shouldn't admit that, but it's the truth.

          Mike

          IN DORSEY I TRUST
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Earl34 E
            • 1k Posts
            • 11 Reputation
            E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Sam Bradford is on pace for 22 TDs and he should pass Peyton Manning's rookie marks for attempts and completions. It's going to be hard to vote against him if the Rams do well. I am glad for him. The other guy that's impressed me is Mike Williams in Tampa. The guy has been incredible but it's going to be tough to beat out a QB.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
              • 891 Posts
              • 80 Reputation
              tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Stafford will win, ROY...Here is a good ? I know everybody is in love with Mccoy, and we should be. He has been great, I for one was not sold on him witth him be under size, not a great arm. He has proven me wrong over and over, but is this the guy that you can see taking us to a Super Bowl???? I just dont know yet

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • L longhorn

                I just browsed thru nfl.com and saw that Tim Teebow is one of the nominees for rookie of the week for this past week. Rather than spew off about how this makes me want to puke, I decided I would ask you guys who you think the front runners are for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Sam Bradford, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams, Colt McCoy, Tim Teebow, Jahvid Best, or someone else.....? What are your thoughts? Right now I am leaning toward Dez Bryant if he continues to play like he has been. For several weeks he was the only bright spot in a dismal Cowboys season. Bradford will obviously get plenty of attention too. Mike Williams is doing very good. McCoy's stock will continue to grow as well if he keeps playing well.

                57BelAir 57BelAir5
                • 7 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                57BelAir5 57BelAir wrote on last edited by 57BelAir
                #7

                @longhorn said:

                I just browsed thru nfl.com .....

                A browse on ESPN brings up a 1-to-10 ranking by Matt Williamson of Scouts, Inc., for Nov. 17.

                Previously Not Ranked (NR) is McCoy at No. 5, with the headline featuring him.

                Rookie Watch: Colt McCoy keeping up (ESPN)

                For this week, from 1 to 5 (showing draft pick)

                Bradford (1)

                Bryant (24)

                Williams (101)

                Suh (2)

                McCoy (85)

                Far as I know, Colt's had the least playing time, and, of course, wasn't even expected to play at all.

                Additionally, Bradford's Rams have not won a road game. Needing to win on the road is mentioned in that piece.

                The remaining games for St. Louis have 4 of the 7 on the road.

                If Colt stays at the helm the rest of the way and Browns win the majority of those, including tough road games, it will begin to show something special.

                Colt started on the road. Won on the road (Saints).

                At the time of the games, each opponent had 6 wins.

                Colt may have played against the combined best record of any 4 opponents anyone has played in a 4-game stretch.

                All those opponents rank in the top 10 defenses (I haven't the data in front of me, so think that is correct).

                I think among the opposing starting QBs, there were 6 Super Bowl rings.

                For one month of play -- four games -- McCoy has done well as a rookie. Guess that's rather obvious.

                I'm ready for Sunday.

                Oh, saw this... in a power ranking (ESPN page), Browns at 22. The note beside said (to this effect) the team no contender wants to play the rest of the season.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • CantonLegend C
                  • 490 Posts
                  • 25 Reputation
                  C CantonLegend wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  suh is probably having the best year out of all the rookies

                  i cant say that i would put jahvid best or any rookie running back in the rookie of the year discussion because the saints UDFA running back Chris ivory leads all rookies in rushing and thats not saying a lot

                  bradford, suh, dez bryant, and mike williams all deserve consideration and id be more than content to see suh win it seeing as how he has helped turn around one of the worst defensive lines in the entire NFL

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate