Skip to content

Solution to Eric Wright's problem!

The Browns Board
14 13 1.1k
  • You sure white isnt just a little bit better than wright? hehehehehe!

  • Lets ponder this..... Anyone else but Eric Wright at starting corner and what would our win loss record be?

  • REVISED VERSION:

    "Mike, you're playing like Eric Wright out there."

    "Thats not what your girlfriend said!"

  • I don't know what the coaches keep telling him after reviewing game tape. Especially after that play last game where Wright couldn't even cover a limping Cotchery.. It just doesn't seem like Wright is all there.. There has got to be a way to get him pumped up or light some kind of fire under him.. Bench him for a quarter or game and see if this helps?

    I know he has been terrible this year but I feel like his enthusiasm just isn't there. This is hard to believe considering everyone else on the team is playing their hearts out for Mangini. I keep hoping for that breakout game for Wright, but after 10 weeks, it still hasn't happened.. Here's to Wright waking up against Jacksonville with 2 picks including a pick 6 similar to the one against Eli Manning on Monday night a few years ago.. Wishful thinking I know 😒

  • Cut him. That solves everythng..

    I miss hank poteat now

  • I really believe he is playing his way out of town . Don't know the cause of it but there is really no other excuse after witnessing his play this year .

  • Cut him. That solves everythng..

    I miss hank poteat now

    @wrrebel said:

    Cut him. That solves everythng..

    I miss hank poteat now

    i know he's blown a lot of plays out there but c'mon, he's still miles better than hank poteat. seriously.

    it could definitely be waaaaay worse, let's keep it real.

  • I was kidding but he is aweful. I think his ints last year where just dumb luck. Throw at a guy enough and he is bound to get some lucky ints.

  • I don't know what the coaches keep telling him after reviewing game tape. Especially after that play last game where Wright couldn't even cover a limping Cotchery.. It just doesn't seem like Wright is all there.. There has got to be a way to get him pumped up or light some kind of fire under him.. Bench him for a quarter or game and see if this helps?

    I know he has been terrible this year but I feel like his enthusiasm just isn't there. This is hard to believe considering everyone else on the team is playing their hearts out for Mangini. I keep hoping for that breakout game for Wright, but after 10 weeks, it still hasn't happened.. Here's to Wright waking up against Jacksonville with 2 picks including a pick 6 similar to the one against Eli Manning on Monday night a few years ago.. Wishful thinking I know 😒

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    There has got to be a way to get him pumped up or light some kind of fire under him.. Bench him for a quarter or game and see if this helps

    I figure they could have him go against Robiskie in practice...this way he feels like a shutdown corner,and Robo believes he may actually catch a pass in an NFL game someday 😆 kinda keeps em both pumped

    Seriously though if Wright weren't out there the opposition would just exploit somebody else, certainly we'd fair better but we still have issues

    with our lack of pass rush, our DBs our gonna give it up, you just can't cover quality receivers like we have in our division, all day

    Not gonna argue that Wright is better than Betty White 🙂 But Brown,Hayden,Ward and Elam still need a consistent pass rush to avoid those

    10 minute drives

  • the guy has got zero confidence. if we the fans are seeing this bad play imagine what the coaches are saying.

  • I really believe he is playing his way out of town . Don't know the cause of it but there is really no other excuse after witnessing his play this year .

    @neweradawg said:

    I really believe he is playing his way out of town . Don't know the cause of it but there is really no other excuse after witnessing his play this year .

    and draft Patrick Patterson. Hayden, Ward, and Patterson in the secondary would be absolute domination.

  • As bad as Wright is playing I still think he could turn it around this season. He had 3 very good years before this one, and a lot of guys hit rough patches in there careers. He is still a young guy, and in all honesty he has been picked a part this year buy very good QB's/WR's not ham and eggers. He has some favorable match ups coming up lets see how he responds before we write him off.

  • I agree jnuh. I realize this hasn't been the year of Eric Wright. Lord knows I've cussed the TV every time a play is made in front of him (or behind him), but he was a solid player in the past. I've got to think that he'll reach down in his jelly filled, candy lovin', kool-aid pumpin' heart and realize that he's got to get it together and play like the man he is. I like Eric Wright, but no one can fix Eric Wright but Eric Wright. GET ALL THAT DOUBT OUT OF YOUR HEAD ERIC AND PLAY LIKE THE MAN YOU ARE! Nothing quiets critics like a big ass game, and brother...YOU'RE DUE! Make the magic happen my friend. I for one have not forgotten how you played ball for this club and I know you still got it in you... but facts are facts and if you don't show them, I'm sure they'll show you the door. MAN UP! Show em what your made of!