Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Abe Elam

Abe Elam

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
21 Posts 8 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 390 Reputation
    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #1

    That was an amazing strip, scoop and score! I know he has a lot of family watching down here in FL..

    Whats the deal with this guy today?!

    B 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • 36Bones 36Bones3
      • 95 Posts
      • 4 Reputation
      36Bones3 36Bones wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Feels like he's playing for his job? Regardless, he's doing great.

      1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • BROWNandORANGE B
        • 496 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
        #3

        yeah his family lives close to me and I have met him a couple times. he is havin a great game, obviously lol..

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

          That was an amazing strip, scoop and score! I know he has a lot of family watching down here in FL..

          Whats the deal with this guy today?!

          BROWNandORANGE B
          • 496 Posts
          • 1 Reputation
          B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

          That was an amazing strip, scoop and score! I know he has a lot of family watching down here in FL..

          Whats the deal with this guy today?!

          TJ Ward FTW!!!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 390 Reputation
            CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
            #5

            ^^ do you live near palm beach? I know he grew up in riviera.

            B 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

              ^^ do you live near palm beach? I know he grew up in riviera.

              BROWNandORANGE B
              • 496 Posts
              • 1 Reputation
              B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

              ^^ do you live near palm beach? I know he grew up in riviera.

              I live in Jupiter, FL it is part of Palm Beach County. so the answer to your question is yes.

              CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • B BROWNandORANGE

                @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

                ^^ do you live near palm beach? I know he grew up in riviera.

                I live in Jupiter, FL it is part of Palm Beach County. so the answer to your question is yes.

                CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 2k Posts
                • 390 Reputation
                CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Colt12 said:

                I live in Jupiter, FL it is part of Palm Beach County. so the answer to your question is yes.

                Haha wow I live in lake worth, small world. Well not really, there's a lot of browns fans. But still..lol

                B 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

                  Colt12 said:

                  I live in Jupiter, FL it is part of Palm Beach County. so the answer to your question is yes.

                  Haha wow I live in lake worth, small world. Well not really, there's a lot of browns fans. But still..lol

                  BROWNandORANGE B
                  • 496 Posts
                  • 1 Reputation
                  B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

                  Haha wow I live in lake worth, small world. Well not really, there's a lot of browns fans. But still..lol

                  that's cool, do u know if there is a Browns fan club or something of that sort that hosts "watch parties" where everyone goes and watches the games? Cuz i dont know if you know of this, but the Squeeler's owner, Rooney, has a bar in Abacoa in Jupiter and they have that sort of thing. Do you if there is something of that sort for the Browns?

                  CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 96 Reputation
                    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
                    #9

                    you serious? another Colt fan converted into a Brownie, eh? well welcome, welcome.

                    wiki "Browns Backers Worldwide", then go to clevelandbrowns.com and find your options. 🙂

                    re: Abram, every squirrel gets a nut every now and then. 25 strip attempts and one finally got results. i was happy about the play(s), but still luke warm on him and his stone hands. he's slow and any player can still get a few yards on him after he gets his hands on them, WR's included. Sean Jones was a goal line enforcer and knocked EVERYONE back, and he sucks as a replacement. looks like the jugs machine work is having some positive results, though.

                    B 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • hx214 hx214H One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 474 Reputation
                      hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Obviously he isn't a top flight safety, but I never understand all the hate he gets.

                      His strip of NE's TE at the end of the half that prevented a last second touchdown was IMO the play of the game during the NE win.

                      He helps TJ Ward out pre snap all the time.

                      We have far greater issues to address on Defense. We are so OLD...

                      We need a young LB to replace Barton and Bowens, we need a young DE, we need to replace Eric Wright....

                      He is serviceable and he seems like a good team player.

                      sisky fringoS 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • sisky fringoS sisky fringo

                        you serious? another Colt fan converted into a Brownie, eh? well welcome, welcome.

                        wiki "Browns Backers Worldwide", then go to clevelandbrowns.com and find your options. 🙂

                        re: Abram, every squirrel gets a nut every now and then. 25 strip attempts and one finally got results. i was happy about the play(s), but still luke warm on him and his stone hands. he's slow and any player can still get a few yards on him after he gets his hands on them, WR's included. Sean Jones was a goal line enforcer and knocked EVERYONE back, and he sucks as a replacement. looks like the jugs machine work is having some positive results, though.

                        BROWNandORANGE B
                        • 496 Posts
                        • 1 Reputation
                        B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @sisky-fringo said:

                        you serious? another Colt fan converted into a Brownie, eh? well welcome, welcome.

                        wiki "Browns Backers Worldwide", then go to clevelandbrowns.com and find your options. 🙂

                        re: Abram, every squirrel gets a nut every now and then. 25 strip attempts and one finally got results. i was happy about the play(s), but still luke warm on him and his stone hands. he's slow and any player can still get a few yards on him after he gets his hands on them, WR's included. Sean Jones was a goal line enforcer and knocked EVERYONE back, and he sucks as a replacement. looks like the jugs machine work is having some positive results, though.

                        I am not a "Colt fan converted into a Browns fan." I am a lifelong Browns fan and I like McCoy. I don't even like Texas, I like Florida.

                        sisky fringoS ballpeenB 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • hx214H hx214

                          Obviously he isn't a top flight safety, but I never understand all the hate he gets.

                          His strip of NE's TE at the end of the half that prevented a last second touchdown was IMO the play of the game during the NE win.

                          He helps TJ Ward out pre snap all the time.

                          We have far greater issues to address on Defense. We are so OLD...

                          We need a young LB to replace Barton and Bowens, we need a young DE, we need to replace Eric Wright....

                          He is serviceable and he seems like a good team player.

                          sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 96 Reputation
                          sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
                          #12

                          @hx214 said:

                          Obviously he isn't a top flight safety, but I never understand all the hate he gets.

                          His strip of NE's TE at the end of the half that prevented a last second touchdown was IMO the play of the game during the NE win.

                          He helps TJ Ward out pre snap all the time.

                          We have far greater issues to address on Defense. We are so OLD...

                          We need a young LB to replace Barton and Bowens, we need a young DE, we need to replace Eric Wright....

                          He is serviceable and he seems like a good team player.

                          i think i outlined pretty clearly why i think he's less than adequate. he may help Ward's learning curve, but that's hardly reason to overlook his weak tackling, lack of quickness or explosion, or inability to get anyone down for 5 yards.

                          he may be a great locker room guy and citizen these days, but don't fool yourself: he wouldn't start on very many other teams in the league.

                          as far as LB hopefully Maiava and D'QJ return next season. i agree about a younger DE to eventually replace Robaire.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • B BROWNandORANGE

                            @sisky-fringo said:

                            you serious? another Colt fan converted into a Brownie, eh? well welcome, welcome.

                            wiki "Browns Backers Worldwide", then go to clevelandbrowns.com and find your options. 🙂

                            re: Abram, every squirrel gets a nut every now and then. 25 strip attempts and one finally got results. i was happy about the play(s), but still luke warm on him and his stone hands. he's slow and any player can still get a few yards on him after he gets his hands on them, WR's included. Sean Jones was a goal line enforcer and knocked EVERYONE back, and he sucks as a replacement. looks like the jugs machine work is having some positive results, though.

                            I am not a "Colt fan converted into a Browns fan." I am a lifelong Browns fan and I like McCoy. I don't even like Texas, I like Florida.

                            sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 96 Reputation
                            sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
                            #13

                            Colt12 said:

                            I am not a "Colt fan converted into a Browns fan." I am a lifelong Browns fan and I like McCoy. I don't even like Texas, I like Florida.

                            well then! welcome anyway!

                            your screen name choice threw me a bit, you being a lifelong Browns fan and all. whatever. hey, enjoy the bars! (if they let you in 😉 )

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Gips GipsG
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 34 Reputation
                              GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                              #14

                              Elam lacks overall speed and talent but is giving everything he has, a consistently successful ball stripping safety is money in the bank imho..

                              If your to slow to keep up and play to soft to interrupt at least try to strip the ball after the catch! hehehehe

                              We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                              sisky fringoS 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • B BROWNandORANGE

                                @sisky-fringo said:

                                you serious? another Colt fan converted into a Brownie, eh? well welcome, welcome.

                                wiki "Browns Backers Worldwide", then go to clevelandbrowns.com and find your options. 🙂

                                re: Abram, every squirrel gets a nut every now and then. 25 strip attempts and one finally got results. i was happy about the play(s), but still luke warm on him and his stone hands. he's slow and any player can still get a few yards on him after he gets his hands on them, WR's included. Sean Jones was a goal line enforcer and knocked EVERYONE back, and he sucks as a replacement. looks like the jugs machine work is having some positive results, though.

                                I am not a "Colt fan converted into a Browns fan." I am a lifelong Browns fan and I like McCoy. I don't even like Texas, I like Florida.

                                ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 9k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Colt12 said:

                                I am not a "Colt fan converted into a Browns fan." I am a lifelong Browns fan and I like McCoy. I don't even like Texas, I like Florida.

                                Go Gators.....though there isn't much "go" this year.

                                If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                B 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                  Colt12 said:

                                  I am not a "Colt fan converted into a Browns fan." I am a lifelong Browns fan and I like McCoy. I don't even like Texas, I like Florida.

                                  Go Gators.....though there isn't much "go" this year.

                                  BROWNandORANGE B
                                  • 496 Posts
                                  • 1 Reputation
                                  B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @ballpeen said:

                                  Go Gators.....though there isn't much "go" this year.

                                  Yeah agreed. You can't have a Tim Tebow every year.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • B BROWNandORANGE

                                    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

                                    Haha wow I live in lake worth, small world. Well not really, there's a lot of browns fans. But still..lol

                                    that's cool, do u know if there is a Browns fan club or something of that sort that hosts "watch parties" where everyone goes and watches the games? Cuz i dont know if you know of this, but the Squeeler's owner, Rooney, has a bar in Abacoa in Jupiter and they have that sort of thing. Do you if there is something of that sort for the Browns?

                                    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 2k Posts
                                    • 390 Reputation
                                    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Colt12 said:

                                    that's cool, do u know if there is a Browns fan club or something of that sort that hosts "watch parties" where everyone goes and watches the games? Cuz i dont know if you know of this, but the Squeeler's owner, Rooney, has a bar in Abacoa in Jupiter and they have that sort of thing. Do you if there is something of that sort for the Browns?

                                    No i am not aware of any in the area. I just like to kick back and watch them on the new hd tv anyways 😁

                                    sisky fringoS 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 96 Reputation
                                      sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
                                      #18

                                      @lt94 said:

                                      The lack of overall speed, and especially talent, has been a Clowns issue for quite some time now don't you think?

                                      BTW...A couple more lines you could add to that poem in your sig.:

                                      Doesn't matter who they sign,

                                      Doesn't matter who they hire,

                                      Doesn't matter who they draft,

                                      Doesn't matter who they fire,

                                      "The Browns will always suck"

                                      are words so often heard,

                                      'Cause no matter how hard you try,

                                      You can't polish a turd.

                                      nice classy introduction. apparently you don't understand how we roll here>>>putting yourself in the crosshairs from the gate might be brave, but not too smart.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

                                        Colt12 said:

                                        that's cool, do u know if there is a Browns fan club or something of that sort that hosts "watch parties" where everyone goes and watches the games? Cuz i dont know if you know of this, but the Squeeler's owner, Rooney, has a bar in Abacoa in Jupiter and they have that sort of thing. Do you if there is something of that sort for the Browns?

                                        No i am not aware of any in the area. I just like to kick back and watch them on the new hd tv anyways 😁

                                        sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 96 Reputation
                                        sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
                                        #19

                                        @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

                                        No i am not aware of any in the area. I just like to kick back and watch them on the new hd tv anyways 😁
                                        check the links in my previous reply post regarding this.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • GipsG Gips

                                          Elam lacks overall speed and talent but is giving everything he has, a consistently successful ball stripping safety is money in the bank imho..

                                          If your to slow to keep up and play to soft to interrupt at least try to strip the ball after the catch! hehehehe

                                          sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 96 Reputation
                                          sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
                                          #20

                                          @gips said:

                                          Elam lacks overall speed and talent but is giving everything he has, a consistently successful ball stripping safety is money in the bank imho..

                                          If your to slow to keep up and play to soft to interrupt at least try to strip the ball after the catch! hehehehe

                                          "a consistently successful ball stripping safety"???? that's like 2 in 50 tackling attempts (!). he goes for the strip all the time, and the opponent gets the 1st down every time. it's painful to watch.

                                          don't get me wrong, i'm generally a risk/reward guy but in this instance i'll take the solid wrap up at the line of scrimmage every time. and he can't stop the run at the goal line to save his life.

                                          another great trait he has is his brick hands-3 picks vs New Orleans hit him dead in the hands and another was catchable, and he dropped them all.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate