Skip to content

Enormous Hole in the Browns Personnel

The Browns Board
42 20 2.9k
  • I think Cribbs returns next week. I'd start getting Mitchell some reps and deactivate Robiskie, who literally just takes up space on the field. He'll have a tough time gaining employment next year.

    E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @shepwrite said:

    I think Cribbs returns next week. I'd start getting Mitchell some reps and deactivate Robiskie, who literally just takes up space on the field. He'll have a tough time gaining employment next year.

    Simply the worst receiver in recent memory. He's a waste of a roster spot. I don't care if Colt was late with the ball. He hit him right in both hands.

  • @shepwrite said:

    I think Cribbs returns next week. I'd start getting Mitchell some reps and deactivate Robiskie, who literally just takes up space on the field. He'll have a tough time gaining employment next year.

    Simply the worst receiver in recent memory. He's a waste of a roster spot. I don't care if Colt was late with the ball. He hit him right in both hands.

    T tshirtfan wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @earl34 said:

    Simply the worst receiver in recent memory. He's a waste of a roster spot. I don't care if Colt was late with the ball. He hit him right in both hands.

    Yeah, this. The minute you start expecting nothing short of perfection from your QB just to make a completion happen you're already overcompensating for a receivers' weakness.

  • A Alo wrote on last edited by Alo
    #19

    EDIT: Whoops, wasn't aware that Mitchell was active. My bad.

    Looking forward, the team needs to add a legit starting WR via free agency, which would give the team more flexibility on draft day. You don't want to reach for a WR (or a specific type of wideout) just because you're desperate at that spot.

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Was Mitchell in on many pass plays? A lot of the plays I saw him in on were runs.

  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I agree, A: Adding a strong f/a WR would give the Browns flexibility... although I think there are a few guys who slot well all over the round.

    I love the idea of Vincent Jackson and Broyles. Those two and Massoquoi along with Watson and Moore... now you're talking.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #22

    We need a player like rod tidwell

  • I think Cribbs returns next week. I'd start getting Mitchell some reps and deactivate Robiskie, who literally just takes up space on the field. He'll have a tough time gaining employment next year.

    J jnuh wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @shepwrite said:

    I think Cribbs returns next week. I'd start getting Mitchell some reps and deactivate Robiskie, who literally just takes up space on the field. He'll have a tough time gaining employment next year.

    Sadly, with his dad being WR coach for the Falcons it may not be as hard as you think for him to gain employment next season in the event he is actually cut.

    The thing I don't get is in he offseason everything I read about Robo was so positive ... it seemed like he was in line for a decent season and he really just laid an egg.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Id rather have Frisman xxxxin Jackson LOL

  • We need a player like rod tidwell

    F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @wrrebel said:

    We need a player like rod tidwell

    show me the money

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Robiskie plays like he really doesn't care about the game. He plays it because his dad wants him to, and he

    likes the paycheck. He doesn't want to take any chances on getting hurt.

    I don't see him on the Browns squad next year. He might be good for an extra 5th round pick. what a disappointment.

  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Cal, if Heckert got a 5th for Robiskie, he'd be GM of the decade. I'm betting he gets cut. He has less value than Carlton Mitchell... because Mitchell is still an unknown quantity. Robiskie has been given WAY more opportunity than he merits and done absolutely nothing with it.

    By all accounts, he's a terrific kid... but he's a self-made football player whose body simply won't cooperate. It's one thing to lack "in-line speed," but Robiskie also lacks quickness and explosion. He isn't special in any way, really, because he isn't physically imposing either.

    And as you pointed out, he also isn't intense. That's not to say he doesn't put in the time because I've heard he does. He just isn't a born football player. He's a born coach's son.

    Mitchell (also a great kid, and a smart one) has a couple things Robiskie lacks: size and speed. That doesn't mean he'll make it but hey, Paul Hubbard just got promoted from somebody's practice squad to the active roster. If you're big and fast, you'll get a few chances.

    The only two guys I fully expect to be on the roster are Cribbs and Massoquoi, and Cribbs isn't really a full-time starter. My guess is Stuckey sticks unless the Browns draft a speedy slot type like Broyles. But one of two things will happen at the top of the WR roster: We'll either sign a significant free agent (Jackson, perhaps) or draft a guy in round one (Green, Jones, or Floyd).

  • djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Very disappointed with Robiskie. I thought he would be a decent 3rd down possession type receiver. Another blown 2nd round pick from 2009 I guess.

  • J Jag4life00 wrote on last edited by Jag4life00
    #29

    looks like Larry Fitz wants out of Arizona, wonder if you guys would be in the running to grab him?

  • looks like Larry Fitz wants out of Arizona, wonder if you guys would be in the running to grab him?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @jag4life00 said:

    looks like Larry Fitz wants out of Arizona, wonder if you guys would be in the running to grab him?

    I think he's restricted, but I would mortgage the Berea facility to sign him!...Just dreamin'

    Mike

  • looks like Larry Fitz wants out of Arizona, wonder if you guys would be in the running to grab him?

    BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @jag4life00 said:

    looks like Larry Fitz wants out of Arizona, wonder if you guys would be in the running to grab him?

    Would he want to come here ? The cardinals were not the same team anymore and it is understandable he wants to play for a potential playoff contender.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #32

    The only two guys I fully expect to be on the roster are Cribbs and Massoquoi, and Cribbs isn't really a full-time starter. My guess is Stuckey sticks unless the Browns draft a speedy slot type like Broyles. But one of two things will happen at the top of the WR roster: We'll either sign a significant free agent (Jackson, perhaps) or draft a guy in round one (Green, Jones, or Floyd).

    Id rather go aftter Sidney Rice than waste time on a primadonna like V Jackson...no thanks.

  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I'd take VJ in a heartbeat. He just wants to get paid and that's his right.

    I'd be a little stunned if Rice didn't stay in Minnesota... but then again, they're about to have a very unsettled QB situation there.

    I really think inking a guy like Gruden would help the Browns' recruitment efforts, especially on offense.

  • I'd take VJ in a heartbeat. He just wants to get paid and that's his right.

    I'd be a little stunned if Rice didn't stay in Minnesota... but then again, they're about to have a very unsettled QB situation there.

    I really think inking a guy like Gruden would help the Browns' recruitment efforts, especially on offense.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @shepwrite said:

    I'd take VJ in a heartbeat. He just wants to get paid and that's his right.

    I'd be a little stunned if Rice didn't stay in Minnesota... but then again, they're about to have a very unsettled QB situation there.

    I really think inking a guy like Gruden would help the Browns' recruitment efforts, especially on offense.

    I agree in part with what you said about Gruden but arent we basically getting an Edwards type guy in Jackson?

  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Prior to the holdout, I don't think anybody would have made that comparison. The vast majority of good receivers have egos... and I do think this team needs to get over the notion that they'll be able to field 22 members of the All-American Boys Choir. It's football.

    If we could field Jackson, Massoquoi, and Ryan Broyles in three WR sets? Along with Watson and Moore? Holy Shiite. And Hillis can catch, too. Very tough to defend all of that.

  • Prior to the holdout, I don't think anybody would have made that comparison. The vast majority of good receivers have egos... and I do think this team needs to get over the notion that they'll be able to field 22 members of the All-American Boys Choir. It's football.

    If we could field Jackson, Massoquoi, and Ryan Broyles in three WR sets? Along with Watson and Moore? Holy Shiite. And Hillis can catch, too. Very tough to defend all of that.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @shepwrite said:

    Prior to the holdout, I don't think anybody would have made that comparison. The vast majority of good receivers have egos... and I do think this team needs to get over the notion that they'll be able to field 22 members of the All-American Boys Choir. It's football.

    If we could field Jackson, Massoquoi, and Ryan Broyles in three WR sets? Along with Watson and Moore? Holy Shiite. And Hillis can catch, too. Very tough to defend all of that.

    Massoqoui just doesnt look all that good to Me...I realize its only his second year but Im just not feeling it with him or Robo.