Skip to content

The Picks You Don't Make...

The Browns Board
40 13 2.8k
  • @hammertime said:

    dis thread is da too funny.

    shep just say your qb insight was as far off as who knows what and then walk away from. (no excuses needed)why even bring it up?

    I didn't.

    @shepwrite said:

    I didn't.

    i guess you didn't but the door was opened u stepped right in.

    is your kids season finished yet?

  • @shepwrite said:

    I did rank him above McCoy... but I mentioned the hometown angle and his relationship with my son about 198 times. To the point that I got teased about it. You may have left the board around that time, DD. Is what it is.

    I will have to go back and dig up the plethora of posts that you detailed why he was the best QB the Browns needed to take, and why they were dumb for not taking him, and it was nothing to do with his friendships with your son or his hometown. You were head over heals in love with this kid, and were lamenting the stupidity of 31 owners and how not only the Browns but those other teams have made a colossal mistake of gargantuan proportions. You got teased because he was a homeboy, but that is not why you liked him and you pounded your fists demanding that people stop posting that you like him because he lived near you, but that you thought he was the next Messiah QB like ...... Leinhart and Alex Smith and Rex Grossman and Brady Quinn and Joey Harrington and ect......

    Trust me. Instead of reinventing the past just state you were really, really off on this pick and move on. Don't hitch the mistake to some made up "he was from my hometown and everyone knew that's why I liked him." LOL

    @hoss said:

    Trust me. Instead of reinventing the past just state you were really, really off on this pick and move on. Don't hitch the mistake to some made up "he was from my hometown and everyone knew that's why I liked him." LOL

    C'mon, be real. I've said a million times that I've watched Clausen for the Panthers, he looks like shit, and I'm glad I'm not in charge. I've also said McCoy is WAY better than what I watched on film. I'm pretty damn open about my misses. I don't mind.

    But the truth is the truth: Leinart was a Trojan and Clausen is local. I'm a horrible GM candidate because I'm a fan first, at every level.

    You brought it up, not me. I was talking about Aaron Curry (!). And that has nothing to do with you. Why did you bring up Clausen, given that the person I was firing back at already did? What's your bone in this?

    Score's even. Stay out of it.

  • @shepwrite said:

    I didn't.

    i guess you didn't but the door was opened u stepped right in.

    is your kids season finished yet?

    @hammertime said:

    i guess you didn't but the door was opened u stepped right in.

    is your kids season finished yet?

    Well, to open this up: Alo dredged up an old thread on the other board to make me look bad. Anybody could do that to anybody who writes about the draft a lot. Alo himself would be an easy target. But so would Kiper, McShay, and all of them.

    But he did it... and then added a few personal insults. All on a board I left two months ago. It was pretty backstabby. Without any of the insults and with a sense of humor, I fired back on one of his big misses on THIS board. Even Steven. Fair is fair. Hoss dove in uninvited and unnecessarily.

    But I had to at least respond.

    The Warriors won their first playoff game 58-8 in the asshole of California, Palmdale. They play Palos Verdes at Westlake Friday night. If they win, they'll get the big rematch with St. Bonny at home. We beat them in the semis last year, they beat us in the regular season in double overtime (they went for 2)... and this is the rubber match. The winner probably plays Oaks Christian in the championship.

    Don't wana jinx, it but it looks like Jack's getting the offer he wanted most.

    Oh, the game is on a live webcast at 7 Friday and Jack's #23, linebacker and all specials: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/westlake-war...ootball-network

  • dis thread is da too funny.

    shep just say your qb insight was as far off as who knows what and then walk away from. (no excuses needed)why even bring it up?

    @hammertime said:

    dis thread is da too funny.

    dis...or sumtin

  • @hammertime said:

    i guess you didn't but the door was opened u stepped right in.

    is your kids season finished yet?

    Well, to open this up: Alo dredged up an old thread on the other board to make me look bad. Anybody could do that to anybody who writes about the draft a lot. Alo himself would be an easy target. But so would Kiper, McShay, and all of them.

    But he did it... and then added a few personal insults. All on a board I left two months ago. It was pretty backstabby. Without any of the insults and with a sense of humor, I fired back on one of his big misses on THIS board. Even Steven. Fair is fair. Hoss dove in uninvited and unnecessarily.

    But I had to at least respond.

    The Warriors won their first playoff game 58-8 in the asshole of California, Palmdale. They play Palos Verdes at Westlake Friday night. If they win, they'll get the big rematch with St. Bonny at home. We beat them in the semis last year, they beat us in the regular season in double overtime (they went for 2)... and this is the rubber match. The winner probably plays Oaks Christian in the championship.

    Don't wana jinx, it but it looks like Jack's getting the offer he wanted most.

    Oh, the game is on a live webcast at 7 Friday and Jack's #23, linebacker and all specials: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/westlake-war...ootball-network

    @shepwrite said:

    Well, to open this up: Alo dredged up an old thread on the other board to make me look bad. Anybody could do that to anybody who writes about the draft a lot. Alo himself would be an easy target. But so would Kiper, McShay, and all of them.

    He could have hand picked from 100 different threads and they all would have said the same thing. Clausen is the man, Dez Bryant rocks, Taylor Mays is a stud, etc. Dez is working out pretty well, the other two aren't. Just imagine our defensive backfield without TJ Ward and Joe Haden. We would be 0-10 right now.

    I think the message here is admit your mistakes and move on. You've always had a big problem admitting when you've been wrong. I was straight up wrong about Mark Sanchez and as happy as I am with Mack I'd prefer to have the big time franchise QB. I'd love to see you just once congratulate the Browns on what they did instead of what you think they should have done.

  • Drama -- that should be your screen name. LOL

    Somebody close this thread before he has another breakdown......

  • @shepwrite said:

    Well, to open this up: Alo dredged up an old thread on the other board to make me look bad. Anybody could do that to anybody who writes about the draft a lot. Alo himself would be an easy target. But so would Kiper, McShay, and all of them.

    He could have hand picked from 100 different threads and they all would have said the same thing. Clausen is the man, Dez Bryant rocks, Taylor Mays is a stud, etc. Dez is working out pretty well, the other two aren't. Just imagine our defensive backfield without TJ Ward and Joe Haden. We would be 0-10 right now.

    I think the message here is admit your mistakes and move on. You've always had a big problem admitting when you've been wrong. I was straight up wrong about Mark Sanchez and as happy as I am with Mack I'd prefer to have the big time franchise QB. I'd love to see you just once congratulate the Browns on what they did instead of what you think they should have done.

    @samoth said:

    He could have hand picked from 100 different threads and they all would have said the same thing. Clausen is the man, Dez Bryant rocks, Taylor Mays is a stud, etc. Dez is working out pretty well, the other two aren't. Just imagine our defensive backfield without TJ Ward and Joe Haden. We would be 0-10 right now.

    I think the message here is admit your mistakes and move on. You've always had a big problem admitting when you've been wrong. I was straight up wrong about Mark Sanchez and as happy as I am with Mack I'd prefer to have the big time franchise QB. I'd love to see you just once congratulate the Browns on what they did instead of what you think they should have done.

    That would work, Sam, if I had started it by dredging up old draft threads (again... easy to do with anybody). But I didn't. Someone else did. So who isn't moving on?

    Exactly. I wasn't the one who started the looking back... I just fired back. He says Clausen, I say Curry. Done, right? Even Steven?

    But noooooo...

    If somebody goes after you, you fire back, right? That's the game. They shouldn't act surprised.

  • In hindsight, it probably was a bad idea to bring up old draft stuff.

    My intention wasn't to point out who was wrong or right -- it's way too soon to know about the '09 and '10 guys. Instead, it was that we shouldn't get too crazy about our draft opinions...and I say that as someone who spends hours and hours studying these guys before making my case.

  • A Alo

    In hindsight, it probably was a bad idea to bring up old draft stuff.

    My intention wasn't to point out who was wrong or right -- it's way too soon to know about the '09 and '10 guys. Instead, it was that we shouldn't get too crazy about our draft opinions...and I say that as someone who spends hours and hours studying these guys before making my case.

    @alo said:

    In hindsight, it probably was a bad idea to bring up old draft stuff.

    My intention wasn't to point out who was wrong or right -- it's way too soon to know about the '09 and '10 guys. Instead, it was that we shouldn't get too crazy about our draft opinions...and I say that as someone who spends hours and hours studying these guys before making my case.

    Peace, brother. I love your draft stuff and I'm actually a huge fan. To me, draft banter is like Vegas: It stays there, because everybody's wrong plenty, even the experts. But it's fun while you're there.

    Truth is, you can study relentlessly and make a very logical, very informed decision... and still be wrong. Happens all the time. Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. Then add in that I'm fairly incapable of separating what I want to be true with what I actually believe will happen... and I miss plenty, in spite of taking in a ton of information.

    Point: Peace. And thanks. When we fight, the kids get upset.

  • Im gonna be the first to admit i thought Vernohn Ghoulston was going to be a beast,lol guess i missed that one as well

  • Zombo said:

    Is that board still around??

    I thought all the He Said / She Said cliquey drama would have killed it by now.

    Zombo

    --Got a headache halfway through this thread.

    I agree....don't bring it back here.

    I will stick up for Shep here....it seems a few follow him around. If he shows up over here, all of a sudden a few others do bringing up stuff from other boards.

    How about talking football??

  • Zombo said:

    Is that board still around??

    I thought all the He Said / She Said cliquey drama would have killed it by now.

    Zombo

    --Got a headache halfway through this thread.

    I agree....don't bring it back here.

    I will stick up for Shep here....it seems a few follow him around. If he shows up over here, all of a sudden a few others do bringing up stuff from other boards.

    How about talking football??

    @ballpeen said:

    How about talking football??

    Oh come on now, a guy with his bravado talking about QB's has to take some good nature ribbing about his misses, and at the very least own up to it correctly. Seriously, where did anyone here talk anything BUT football besides Drama? Seriously man, come on now.

  • @ballpeen said:

    How about talking football??

    Oh come on now, a guy with his bravado talking about QB's has to take some good nature ribbing about his misses, and at the very least own up to it correctly. Seriously, where did anyone here talk anything BUT football besides Drama? Seriously man, come on now.

    @hoss said:

    Oh come on now, a guy with his bravado talking about QB's has to take some good nature ribbing about his misses, and at the very least own up to it correctly. Seriously, where did anyone here talk anything BUT football besides Drama? Seriously man, come on now.

    Hey Hoss, how about you just drop it. He never mentioned anything about Clausen in this thread, you did. When you did, Shep said that he is now glad we didnt take him because he looks like shit, and now you keep talking shit? He was high on Clausen, so be it... A lot of people in the past were high on Curry, well who cares. How about all the people who were pissed when we drafted Joe Thomas over Adrian Peterson? Those people same people are probably now glad we drafted other players than them, as Shep has already stated, he is glad we didnt take Clausen.

    What good does it do to bash someone who was wrong on a player they liked? It's like what was stated, it is a good thing none of us are the GM's of this team, because we have all gotten picks wrong.

    And before you go on saying, "well I was a huge Ladanian Tomlinson fan" when we drafted Gerard Warren, or anything like that. We had some young players RB on our team that we wanted to see before we would go get a RB, and I would be willing to bet, with the OL we had here in Cleveland, LT would not have done that well here.

    Hindsight is 20-20. And he did own up to it, like I mentioned when he said Clausen looks like shit. If that isnt owning up to something, well then teach me how to do it too, because from here it sounds like he knows he WAS wrong about Clausen.

  • See I kept it to football....but not Drama.

  • Clausen is a fag, im glad we passed on him

  • See I kept it to football....but not Drama.

    @hoss said:

    See I kept it to football....but not Drama.

    Dude, the assigning of childish nicknames, the dropping into the middle of a dispute you have no place in, the targeting of one person over and over and over... take it back where you guys enjoy that kind of thing. We've had no drama here... until you dropped in. Suspicious, no?

    Mystery solved, "Drama."

  • I agree with ballpeen for sure...it seems like someone is obsessed with Shep in this thread.

  • Hey Hoss, just admit that you can't do without Shep ... Why don't you blow him right here in front of the audience.

  • Hey Hoss, just admit that you can't do without Shep ... Why don't you blow him right here in front of the audience.

    @atenears said:

    Hey Hoss, just admit that you can't do without Shep ... Why don't you blow him right here in front of the audience.

    I asked for that, I admit. Point taken.

  • @hoss said:

    See I kept it to football....but not Drama.

    Dude, the assigning of childish nicknames, the dropping into the middle of a dispute you have no place in, the targeting of one person over and over and over... take it back where you guys enjoy that kind of thing. We've had no drama here... until you dropped in. Suspicious, no?

    Mystery solved, "Drama."

    @shepwrite said:

    Dude, the assigning of childish nicknames, the dropping into the middle of a dispute you have no place in, the targeting of one person over and over and over... take it back where you guys enjoy that kind of thing. We've had no drama here... until you dropped in. Suspicious, no?

    Mystery solved, "Drama."

    Not many over here have any idea what you guys are even 'dredging up', nor do they care. If you think everyone is gonna yell, "NORM!" when you walk in these doors, you're high. Either make roots here again, or go have that batty bitch relationship over there.

    Just please don't bring many of them drama queens back here. Regardless of the old draft picks, I know one thing that was settled right here 13 months ago.