Skip to content

Manigini Fired

The Browns Board
55 30 3.6k
  • @miktoxic said:

    keep holmgren away from the field........pleez!!

    umm may I ask why? Holmgren took Seattle too a Super Bowl with a less than super team. They had Tim Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander. That's just about it.

    Colt12 said:

    umm may I ask why? Holmgren took Seattle too a Super Bowl with a less than super team. They had Tim Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander. That's just about it.

    his name is "Matt" Hasselbeck

  • Colt12 said:

    umm may I ask why? Holmgren took Seattle too a Super Bowl with a less than super team. They had Tim Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander. That's just about it.

    his name is "Matt" Hasselbeck

    @nickers said:

    his name is "Matt" Hasselbeck

    haha my bad I always get him confused with his brother "Tim", he works for ESPN. MY fault on the confusion.

  • Wait... we want to keep Mangini but keep Mike Holmgren away from the field?

    Uhhhh.... okay?

    What's Mangini's playoff record again?

  • @miktoxic said:

    keep holmgren away from the field........pleez!!

    umm may I ask why? Holmgren took Seattle too a Super Bowl with a less than super team. They had Tim Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander. That's just about it.

    Colt12 said:

    umm may I ask why? Holmgren took Seattle too a Super Bowl with a less than super team. They had Tim Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander. That's just about it.

    he was hired to head the org, not coach. over-rated, just like gruden.

  • Wait... we want to keep Mangini but keep Mike Holmgren away from the field?

    Uhhhh.... okay?

    What's Mangini's playoff record again?

    @shepwrite said:

    Wait... we want to keep Mangini but keep Mike Holmgren away from the field?

    Uhhhh.... okay?

    What's Mangini's playoff record again?

    I dont think he has a playoff record LOL!

  • If Mangini gets fired, I hope he doesn't BUT, if he does, please dear God, just don't give us Lane Kiffin. Worst coach in NFL and NCAA history.

  • I'm already seeing tweets coming out quoting Mangini as we speak.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Wait... we want to keep Mangini but keep Mike Holmgren away from the field?

    Uhhhh.... okay?

    What's Mangini's playoff record again?

    I dont think he has a playoff record LOL!

    @nickers said:

    I dont think he has a playoff record LOL!

    Exactly.

    Give me some of those overrated Super Bowl coaches. Not the underrated ones with no playoff games. Sounds like "overrated" means you won.

  • Rumor has it brad childress is flying to cleveland...

  • Colt12 said:

    umm may I ask why? Holmgren took Seattle too a Super Bowl with a less than super team. They had Tim Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander. That's just about it.

    he was hired to head the org, not coach. over-rated, just like gruden.

    @miktoxic said:

    he was hired to head the org, not coach. over-rated, just like gruden.

    Wait --- WTF?

    Can you give me FIVE reasons why Holmgren was asked to front the Browns?

    Overrated as a coach? Really? LMAO. Wow.

  • @nickers said:

    I dont think he has a playoff record LOL!

    Exactly.

    Give me some of those overrated Super Bowl coaches. Not the underrated ones with no playoff games. Sounds like "overrated" means you won.

    @shepwrite said:

    Exactly.

    Give me some of those overrated Super Bowl coaches. Not the underrated ones with no playoff games. Sounds like "overrated" means you won.

    wow, fans of the same team can disagree. imagine that. maybe if you weren't so busy worrying about busting up this team and finding our coaches replacements you'd realize that they actually are playing good footbal under the staff we already have. imagine if everyone else who has a job would live under your stringent guidelines. they couldn't print unemployment checks fast enough.

    give these guys a chance already. we know what changeover in staff brings, why not give continuity a chance?

  • I do not want to see EM get fired, but we are 3-7 and there is no way we should have lost the last two games....

    I know this team plays hard, but do they play hard for Mangini our do they play hard for Rob Ryan????

    our OC is a Retard, when our ROOKIE QB says we need to change the plays, thats a problem.....

  • For what it's worth? I don't really care. We're 5-11 and 3-7 under Mangini. He's fireable. New regimes go to the playoffs in year one all the time. There isn't necessarily some kind of drop off that goes with that move. Often it's quite the opposite. Dallas seems to have done the right thing, for instance. The Jets, Ravens, and Falcons all got better.

  • For what it's worth? I don't really care. We're 5-11 and 3-7 under Mangini. He's fireable. New regimes go to the playoffs in year one all the time. There isn't necessarily some kind of drop off that goes with that move. Often it's quite the opposite. Dallas seems to have done the right thing, for instance. The Jets, Ravens, and Falcons all got better.

    @shepwrite said:

    For what it's worth? I don't really care.

    we know. your negativity is overwhelming. look up the word pessimistic and there's a picture of you.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Exactly.

    Give me some of those overrated Super Bowl coaches. Not the underrated ones with no playoff games. Sounds like "overrated" means you won.

    wow, fans of the same team can disagree. imagine that. maybe if you weren't so busy worrying about busting up this team and finding our coaches replacements you'd realize that they actually are playing good footbal under the staff we already have. imagine if everyone else who has a job would live under your stringent guidelines. they couldn't print unemployment checks fast enough.

    give these guys a chance already. we know what changeover in staff brings, why not give continuity a chance?

    @miktoxic said:

    wow, fans of the same team can disagree. imagine that. maybe if you weren't so busy worrying about busting up this team and finding our coaches replacements you'd realize that they actually are playing good footbal under the staff we already have. imagine if everyone else who has a job would live under your stringent guidelines. they couldn't print unemployment checks fast enough.

    give these guys a chance already. we know what changeover in staff brings, why not give continuity a chance?

    Perfectly stated!...At least in MY opinion.

    I just came from Calfoxwc's where we discussed EXACTLY what you posted. I even made the point that you made about our own jobs. Constant turnover, despite some folk's opinions, is NOT conducive to success.

    Mike

  • Mangini ain't going anywhere. He will be here through this year, and next year at least. Holmgren is getting to old to want to be a head coach anymore. And who in their right mind want's Gruden? No thanks. Cowher if he goes anywhere will be to Carolina where he lives.

  • LOL @ all of this.

  • I do not want to see EM get fired, but we are 3-7 and there is no way we should have lost the last two games....

    I know this team plays hard, but do they play hard for Mangini our do they play hard for Rob Ryan????

    our OC is a Retard, when our ROOKIE QB says we need to change the plays, thats a problem.....

    @tampadawgs said:

    I do not want to see EM get fired, but we are 3-7 and there is no way we should have lost the last two games....

    I know this team plays hard, but do they play hard for Mangini our do they play hard for Rob Ryan????

    our OC is a Retard, when our ROOKIE QB says we need to change the plays, thats a problem.....

    We lack elite talent across the board. If the ball bounces in our favor one extra time per game this season we could be 8-2. There's no denying the team chemistry and coaching, but the top tier talent just isn't there to finish the job.

  • Update: Nothing to see here. It appears that all the speculation that started with Colin Cowherd was for nothing. The Browns didn’t do anything except move their press conference back. I am relieved. I am relieved that given the opportunity to act completely dysfunctionally, it didn’t happen in Berea this time. There are ways to handle your business and I don’t think firing people in the middle of the season (except in extreme examples: Wade Phillips) makes any sense what-so-ever. We will have more on this tomorrow, but as of now, nothing happened. Waiting to find out how healthy Colt McCoy is and we now know that Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace are both completely healthy. (End update.)

    The Internet is abuzz with rumor and speculation right now. Eric Mangini’s press conference was allegedly rescheduled from 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Then it was changed again from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Colin Cowherd’s name has been bandied about as someone who fueled further speculation that there could be major shakeups in Berea today. So now we are left to wait and wonder. I have tried my best to get to the bottom of it, but there is no clarity anywhere right now if anything is or is not actually happening today.

    Some seem to think that today is the day that Brian Daboll gets his walking papers. Others seem to think that Mangini is a goner and that Rob Ryan or Mike Holmgren will take the reigns immediately. One gentleman on Twitter who goes by the name of _Believeland joked that the Browns are going to announce Jim Brown’s triumphant return to the ring of honor and advisor status. I am still skeptical that anything major is going to happen today, but these are the Browns. Predicting the unpredictable is always a good bet, I guess.

    I am additionally skeptical that anything should happen today. I had a tough time with yesterday’s loss too. I think there is a finger of partial blame pointed at Daboll and the Browns’ offensive staff as I said yesterday. Still, I can’t imagine that much positive can be accomplished by making major organizational changes right this very second as the Browns are prepping to finish out their season.

    We will have to wait and see. In the meantime, do you think anyone should be fired today? I still vote no. This just seems so strange considering how well the Browns were playing before injuries took hold against the Jets.

  • @steelershittypros said:

    Keep Mangini! Steelers fans like his leadership guiding the Browns in the basement of the AFC.

    What is the Browns playoff record under Mangini? LOL

    EDIT: I love penis burgers.

    What was the squeelers playoff record last year with Mangini as our coach?