Skip to content

Sorry.. I would rather have

The Browns Board
29 18 2.0k
  • Well considering what he has accomplished with just one draft and 2/3 of a season I would say lets give him time to get all his ducks in a row before you start judging the book by the cover...jmo

  • This past offseason was all about adding tough players: Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong, TJ Ward, etc.

    The FO is changing the mentality of the team without adding dudes who have bad attitudes. That works for me.

  • a bunch of dirty, mean, rough players that has talent over the choirboys that are on the team that don't have talent. Nuff said.

    @dawgpound3 said:

    a bunch of dirty, mean, rough players that has talent over the choirboys that are on the team that don't have talent. Nuff said.

    The Bengals have tried that.... sorry it doesn't work.

    BTW, for every Michael Vick- I can give you 10 Lawrence Phillips.

    I'd rather lose with class than win with thugs.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    a bunch of dirty, mean, rough players that has talent over the choirboys that are on the team that don't have talent. Nuff said.

    The Bengals have tried that.... sorry it doesn't work.

    BTW, for every Michael Vick- I can give you 10 Lawrence Phillips.

    I'd rather lose with class than win with thugs.

    @hoorta said:

    The Bengals have tried that.... sorry it doesn't work.

    BTW, for every Michael Vick- I can give you 10 Lawrence Phillips.

    I'd rather lose with class than win with thugs.

    Sorry guy, but I would much rather WIN with thugs

  • Nice....very insightful thread! Such a fantastic read....

  • It's all about winning.

    The thugs are not as bad as everyone thinks, and the "nice guys" probably aren't as nice as everyone thinks.

    There are pictures of Harrison and Cribbs after the game where Harrison gave Cribbs the hit, and they are friendly with each other. The only ones getting worked up are the fans.

    It's winning. I don't really want my doctor to be the nicest doctor, just the best. I don't want my financial advisor to be the nicest, but rather the best.

  • It's all about winning.

    The thugs are not as bad as everyone thinks, and the "nice guys" probably aren't as nice as everyone thinks.

    There are pictures of Harrison and Cribbs after the game where Harrison gave Cribbs the hit, and they are friendly with each other. The only ones getting worked up are the fans.

    It's winning. I don't really want my doctor to be the nicest doctor, just the best. I don't want my financial advisor to be the nicest, but rather the best.

    The Soldier said:

    It's all about winning.

    The thugs are not as bad as everyone thinks, and the "nice guys" probably aren't as nice as everyone thinks.

    There are pictures of Harrison and Cribbs after the game where Harrison gave Cribbs the hit, and they are friendly with each other. The only ones getting worked up are the fans.

    It's winning. I don't really want my doctor to be the nicest doctor, just the best. I don't want my financial advisor to be the nicest, but rather the best.

    Anyone with some sense were not made about the Cribbs hit, but the MoMass hit. I don't expect Cribbs, who is a friend and former college teammate of Harrison, to cut ties with him over one hit.

  • Well maybe we should make sure that if a player like boldin is out there we try to get him..

    He hasn't had any issues and is a tough sob. So why didn't we try to get him?

    another thing is all the yahoos who at the begining to the year who said they didn't want a older veteren reciever.. if we had one good wr we would be talking play offs.

    Who's the fool, the fool or the fool who follows him!

  • This has got to be the dumbest post ever. If you can't see that this team is heading in the right direction maybe you should follow baseball.

    What good is a team full of thugs if half of them are in jail? Ill pass on players who are more worried about raping and killing someone then winning the game. Leave that for them pissburgh fans. They're inbred, trailer park, meth cooking fanbase can relate to the thug players.

  • @hoorta said:

    The Bengals have tried that.... sorry it doesn't work.

    BTW, for every Michael Vick- I can give you 10 Lawrence Phillips.

    I'd rather lose with class than win with thugs.

    Sorry guy, but I would much rather WIN with thugs

    @585dawg said:

    Sorry guy, but I would much rather WIN with thugs

    I bet you wear your hat sideways to huh?

  • a bunch of dirty, mean, rough players that has talent over the choirboys that are on the team that don't have talent. Nuff said.

    @dawgpound3 said:

    a bunch of dirty, mean, rough players that has talent over the choirboys that are on the team that don't have talent. Nuff said.

    How about mean, talented players that have some class?

  • This has got to be the dumbest post ever. If you can't see that this team is heading in the right direction maybe you should follow baseball.

    What good is a team full of thugs if half of them are in jail? Ill pass on players who are more worried about raping and killing someone then winning the game. Leave that for them pissburgh fans. They're inbred, trailer park, meth cooking fanbase can relate to the thug players.

    @speedyd900rr said:

    This has got to be the dumbest post ever. If you can't see that this team is heading in the right direction maybe you should follow baseball.

    What good is a team full of thugs if half of them are in jail? Ill pass on players who are more worried about raping and killing someone then winning the game. Leave that for them pissburgh fans. They're inbred, trailer park, meth cooking fanbase can relate to the thug players.

    You need to pick another example team to prove your point. Pittsburgh always has a winning team. Thugs or not, they win. Plus, we are building our team to emulate theirs, because it produces winning.

    We are heading in the right direction. But I want us to be a consistly good team. Arizona went to a super bowl, Tampa Bay went to a Super Bowl, but they didn't cultivate a winning tradition. The teams that are always good, Pats, Steelers, Eagles, always have some controversial players. But they win.

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    This has got to be the dumbest post ever. If you can't see that this team is heading in the right direction maybe you should follow baseball.

    What good is a team full of thugs if half of them are in jail? Ill pass on players who are more worried about raping and killing someone then winning the game. Leave that for them pissburgh fans. They're inbred, trailer park, meth cooking fanbase can relate to the thug players.

    You need to pick another example team to prove your point. Pittsburgh always has a winning team. Thugs or not, they win. Plus, we are building our team to emulate theirs, because it produces winning.

    We are heading in the right direction. But I want us to be a consistly good team. Arizona went to a super bowl, Tampa Bay went to a Super Bowl, but they didn't cultivate a winning tradition. The teams that are always good, Pats, Steelers, Eagles, always have some controversial players. But they win.

    The Soldier said:

    You need to pick another example team to prove your point. Pittsburgh always has a winning team. Thugs or not, they win. Plus, we are building our team to emulate theirs, because it produces winning.

    We are heading in the right direction. But I want us to be a consistly good team. Arizona went to a super bowl, Tampa Bay went to a Super Bowl, but they didn't cultivate a winning tradition. The teams that are always good, Pats, Steelers, Eagles, always have some controversial players. But they win.

    The Cowboys. They are constantly me, me ,me, instead of team, team, team. They want to win, but only if the individual puts up huge numbers. They are more concerned with celebrations, than the score board. This is a team that is not much different than the Steelers, but they consistently don't get the job done.

  • It's all about winning.

    The thugs are not as bad as everyone thinks, and the "nice guys" probably aren't as nice as everyone thinks.

    There are pictures of Harrison and Cribbs after the game where Harrison gave Cribbs the hit, and they are friendly with each other. The only ones getting worked up are the fans.

    It's winning. I don't really want my doctor to be the nicest doctor, just the best. I don't want my financial advisor to be the nicest, but rather the best.

    The Soldier said:

    It's all about winning.

    The thugs are not as bad as everyone thinks, and the "nice guys" probably aren't as nice as everyone thinks.

    There are pictures of Harrison and Cribbs after the game where Harrison gave Cribbs the hit, and they are friendly with each other. The only ones getting worked up are the fans.

    It's winning. I don't really want my doctor to be the nicest doctor, just the best. I don't want my financial advisor to be the nicest, but rather the best.

    I think cribbs is a fool for hanging out with that punk but that is up to him. Harrison probably said "Hope you enjoyed me knocking you out of the game. Can't wait until we play again Josh"

    Oh, and if you want a team of thugs go for the bengals

  • Well the way its going you probably aren't going to see thugs on our team. Mangini is buidling character guys that will hopefully win for a long time. If you're into thugs, you may want to find another team.

    But I think we all understand your frustration.

  • Nice....very insightful thread! Such a fantastic read....

    @choco said:

    Nice....very insightful thread! Such a fantastic read....

    😆😆😆😆😆

  • @hoorta said:

    The Bengals have tried that.... sorry it doesn't work.

    BTW, for every Michael Vick- I can give you 10 Lawrence Phillips.

    I'd rather lose with class than win with thugs.

    Sorry guy, but I would much rather WIN with thugs

    @585dawg said:

    Sorry guy, but I would much rather WIN with thugs

    Hate to break the news to you- since you seem to be a little behind the times- the NFL (make that the commish, Mr. Goodell) isn't putting up with "thugs" anymore in the NFL. You can be an "enforcer" on the field, but you had damn well better mind your Ps and Qs off of it.

    Pacman Jones sure helped the Titans a whole bunch after he got suspended for a year- and Cheapshotter Harrison is one more illegal hit away from sitting down for a game or two.

    So I hope you're not referring to "thugs" in the purest sense- because those guys days are OVER in today's NFL. Now if you mean "bad attitude" guys like Randy Moss- who only succeeded in New England because he had a whole slew of "good character" guys to keep him in check. Well, just take a look at the current edition of the Bungles- a team coming apart at the seams because the inmates are running the asylum.

    I like the direction the Browns are heading in- having high character guys who still know how to play football is a plus.

  • @585dawg said:

    Sorry guy, but I would much rather WIN with thugs

    Hate to break the news to you- since you seem to be a little behind the times- the NFL (make that the commish, Mr. Goodell) isn't putting up with "thugs" anymore in the NFL. You can be an "enforcer" on the field, but you had damn well better mind your Ps and Qs off of it.

    Pacman Jones sure helped the Titans a whole bunch after he got suspended for a year- and Cheapshotter Harrison is one more illegal hit away from sitting down for a game or two.

    So I hope you're not referring to "thugs" in the purest sense- because those guys days are OVER in today's NFL. Now if you mean "bad attitude" guys like Randy Moss- who only succeeded in New England because he had a whole slew of "good character" guys to keep him in check. Well, just take a look at the current edition of the Bungles- a team coming apart at the seams because the inmates are running the asylum.

    I like the direction the Browns are heading in- having high character guys who still know how to play football is a plus.

    @hoorta said:

    Hate to break the news to you- since you seem to be a little behind the times- the NFL (make that the commish, Mr. Goodell) isn't putting up with "thugs" anymore in the NFL. You can be an "enforcer" on the field, but you had damn well better mind your Ps and Qs off of it.

    Pacman Jones sure helped the Titans a whole bunch after he got suspended for a year- and Cheapshotter Harrison is one more illegal hit away from sitting down for a game or two.

    So I hope you're not referring to "thugs" in the purest sense- because those guys days are OVER in today's NFL. Now if you mean "bad attitude" guys like Randy Moss- who only succeeded in New England because he had a whole slew of "good character" guys to keep him in check. Well, just take a look at the current edition of the Bungles- a team coming apart at the seams because the inmates are running the asylum.

    I like the direction the Browns are heading in- having high character guys who still know how to play football is a plus.

    You are misinterpreting what I was replying to.. All it meant is that I would rather WIN than lose.. regardless of what personalities we have on the team... to rather lose is just absolutely ridiculous. You play to win the game! haha

  • Well the way its going you probably aren't going to see thugs on our team. Mangini is buidling character guys that will hopefully win for a long time. If you're into thugs, you may want to find another team.

    But I think we all understand your frustration.

    @usfbrown said:

    Well the way its going you probably aren't going to see thugs on our team. Mangini is buidling character guys that will hopefully win for a long time. If you're into thugs, you may want to find another team.

    But I think we all understand your frustration.

    I want mean, mean players like in Colt 12's sig, Alex Ovechkin. He plays hockey, but he is mean mothaxxxxa. You mess with him, you get xxxxed up. That's kind of attitude I want on my Browns. Mean, hard players. Character guys are nice and all, but u need mean players, and usually by having mean players, u usually win.

  • @hoorta said:

    Hate to break the news to you- since you seem to be a little behind the times- the NFL (make that the commish, Mr. Goodell) isn't putting up with "thugs" anymore in the NFL. You can be an "enforcer" on the field, but you had damn well better mind your Ps and Qs off of it.

    Pacman Jones sure helped the Titans a whole bunch after he got suspended for a year- and Cheapshotter Harrison is one more illegal hit away from sitting down for a game or two.

    So I hope you're not referring to "thugs" in the purest sense- because those guys days are OVER in today's NFL. Now if you mean "bad attitude" guys like Randy Moss- who only succeeded in New England because he had a whole slew of "good character" guys to keep him in check. Well, just take a look at the current edition of the Bungles- a team coming apart at the seams because the inmates are running the asylum.

    I like the direction the Browns are heading in- having high character guys who still know how to play football is a plus.

    You are misinterpreting what I was replying to.. All it meant is that I would rather WIN than lose.. regardless of what personalities we have on the team... to rather lose is just absolutely ridiculous. You play to win the game! haha

    @585dawg said:

    You are misinterpreting what I was replying to.. All it meant is that I would rather WIN than lose.. regardless of what personalities we have on the team... to rather lose is just absolutely ridiculous. You play to win the game! haha

    Of course it's nice to win- but I'd prefer to not have to cheer for a team of ex-convicts doing the winning.