Hillis Frustrated
-
Did anyone see Peyton Hillis and Colt McCoy in a heated discussion on the sidelines today? I believe it was after the fourth down stop, but Hillis looked pretty pissed off but not that he got stopped -- it looked like it was either another player, coach, etc. Anyone got any truth?
-
I thought it was after the QB sneak we didn't make and he was frustrated he didn't get the ball to power forward.
I am wondering if the play call was for Hillis to get the ball but upon going to the line Jake felt he saw something and decided to tuck the ball himself.
-
That was our guess, Peen. He was surprised the 40 year old QB tried to get the yard.
-
That was our guess, Peen. He was surprised the 40 year old QB tried to get the yard.
A lot of times QBs will do that...they see a opening in their read and never hand the ball off....just ride the center.
I guess Jake saw something that wasn't there. Almost cost us the game.
-
I saw it too... I have no idea why the ball was not in his hands...
-
I think he was trying to make up for the really dumb interception he threw.
Kardiac Kids, Part II ?
-
What is worse is that on both the 3rd-and-1 failed attempt and the 4th-and-1 failed attempt, Vickers was NOT even in the game to lead block. WTF?
-
You see a lot of that from the browns players and coaches almost every week, but it was the first time i have seen hillis ranting about something, take note to whom he was discussing the issue...
If mangini keeps jake in we are going to get raped by the dolphins and everything left on the schedule either from pick 6s and or from offensively turtling up....
Oh well its not my job on the line, i would go with seneca in colts absence myself..
I think this fanbase has had enough of the interception king type QBs, Delhomme looks like DA on steroids with the only difference being jake can make the short and medium touch throws if given adequate time or a throwing lane with a fraction of an open WR, if pressured however there is a big chance of a pick or worse...
-
What is worse is that on both the 3rd-and-1 failed attempt and the 4th-and-1 failed attempt, Vickers was NOT even in the game to lead block. WTF?
What is worse is that on both the 3rd-and-1 failed attempt and the 4th-and-1 failed attempt, Vickers was NOT even in the game to lead block. WTF?
I understand the thinking and can't say I really disagree.
The flip side to that is on really short plays, I think many times you are better off having the lead guy with the ball. If the lead guy gets jammed up at 3 feet past the LOS, the guy with the ball gets jammed up at the LOS.
It's not like a goal line D really allows many holes....it's more like seams the back has to power through.
-
With Hillis, we have a chance at powering through something. With Jake, we have no chance at anything but a turnover.
-
Maybe, once in a great while on a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, they could actually hand the ball off to Vickers and let him get that 1 yard. Just as a change of pace and perhaps to surprise the defense.
-
There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."
-
There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."
There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."
-Play calling was terrible. As usual. There was a point where the camera zoomed in on Hillis and McCoy talking on the sideline. The lips of Hillis read: "Daboll is an idiot. I can't do anything out here." And Colt said "I know I hear you."
intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.
-
There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."
-Play calling was terrible. As usual. There was a point where the camera zoomed in on Hillis and McCoy talking on the sideline. The lips of Hillis read: "Daboll is an idiot. I can't do anything out here." And Colt said "I know I hear you."
intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.
intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.
Ha, I know right. It's more like hey lets make him say what I feel.
-
intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.
Ha, I know right. It's more like hey lets make him say what I feel.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Ha, I know right. It's more like hey lets make him say what I feel.We can always do the mad lib version:
Hillis: "Hey do I totally porked your mom last night",
Colt: "Its ok I banged your sister",
Hillis: "I only have a brother named Kyle.",
Colt: "Oops."
-

Don't make Peyton angry!
-
There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."
-Play calling was terrible. As usual. There was a point where the camera zoomed in on Hillis and McCoy talking on the sideline. The lips of Hillis read: "Daboll is an idiot. I can't do anything out here." And Colt said "I know I hear you."
intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.
intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.
I didn't see it, but that's what my father and friend both agreed on.
You calling my father a liar? Because if you are, then....ooooh buddy.
I'm going to internet fight you.
-

Don't make Peyton angry!
-
We did get a win on sunday but we should have lost. We had a great first quarter then I don't know what happened. I really think Jake is awful but did make some good plays but in know stretch of the imagination did that justify his ints. IMO this game should not have been close and the final drive was insane. Were we even TRYING to make any tackles? This needs to be taking care of by the coaches now or we will not win another game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login