Skip to content

Hillis Frustrated

The Browns Board
19 15 2.2k
  • What is worse is that on both the 3rd-and-1 failed attempt and the 4th-and-1 failed attempt, Vickers was NOT even in the game to lead block. WTF?

    @atenears said:

    What is worse is that on both the 3rd-and-1 failed attempt and the 4th-and-1 failed attempt, Vickers was NOT even in the game to lead block. WTF?

    I understand the thinking and can't say I really disagree.

    The flip side to that is on really short plays, I think many times you are better off having the lead guy with the ball. If the lead guy gets jammed up at 3 feet past the LOS, the guy with the ball gets jammed up at the LOS.

    It's not like a goal line D really allows many holes....it's more like seams the back has to power through.

  • With Hillis, we have a chance at powering through something. With Jake, we have no chance at anything but a turnover.

  • Maybe, once in a great while on a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, they could actually hand the ball off to Vickers and let him get that 1 yard. Just as a change of pace and perhaps to surprise the defense.

  • There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."

  • There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."

    @theclevelandsound said:

    -Play calling was terrible. As usual. There was a point where the camera zoomed in on Hillis and McCoy talking on the sideline. The lips of Hillis read: "Daboll is an idiot. I can't do anything out here." And Colt said "I know I hear you."

    intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."

    @theclevelandsound said:

    -Play calling was terrible. As usual. There was a point where the camera zoomed in on Hillis and McCoy talking on the sideline. The lips of Hillis read: "Daboll is an idiot. I can't do anything out here." And Colt said "I know I hear you."

    intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.

    @richiswhere said:

    intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.

    Ha, I know right. It's more like hey lets make him say what I feel.

  • @richiswhere said:

    intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.

    Ha, I know right. It's more like hey lets make him say what I feel.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Ha, I know right. It's more like hey lets make him say what I feel.

    We can always do the mad lib version:

    Hillis: "Hey do I totally porked your mom last night",

    Colt: "Its ok I banged your sister",

    Hillis: "I only have a brother named Kyle.",

    Colt: "Oops."

  • peytonhillisjuggernaut1.jpg

    Don't make Peyton angry!

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    There was definitely a time during the game he was talking to McCoy and said "He's making the wrong reads."

    @theclevelandsound said:

    -Play calling was terrible. As usual. There was a point where the camera zoomed in on Hillis and McCoy talking on the sideline. The lips of Hillis read: "Daboll is an idiot. I can't do anything out here." And Colt said "I know I hear you."

    intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.

    @richiswhere said:

    intresting two different lip readers and two different quotes and I only recall one time where the camera was on both Colt and Hillis at the same time.

    I didn't see it, but that's what my father and friend both agreed on.

    You calling my father a liar? Because if you are, then....ooooh buddy.

    I'm going to internet fight you.

  • peytonhillisjuggernaut1.jpg

    Don't make Peyton angry!

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    peytonhillisjuggernaut1.jpg

    Don't make Peyton angry!

    hey sweet avatar lol

    I seem to recognize it from somewhere, oh wait.

  • We did get a win on sunday but we should have lost. We had a great first quarter then I don't know what happened. I really think Jake is awful but did make some good plays but in know stretch of the imagination did that justify his ints. IMO this game should not have been close and the final drive was insane. Were we even TRYING to make any tackles? This needs to be taking care of by the coaches now or we will not win another game.