Some People Actually DO Need Their Ass Kicked
-
There is nothing to rethink......they get paid (by me and you I might add) to take a risk everytime they are on the field. Do I like helmet to helmet hits......yes and no. Everyone that watches nascar wants to see a crash every now and then and this really is no different. Do I want people to get hurt? No. Alaskan fishermen, cops, boxers, gay lion trainers, rig workers, etc know that there is a chance they might not make it home everytime they go to work. But for them the money is worth the risk and they're not even paid a fraction of a football salary. If you are afraid to get hit in the helmet then you probably shouldn't be playing football. The equipment is lightyears better than it has ever been. As a matter of fact, they could go helmet to helmet on every play and not have half the risk to deal with as the professions I listed above. I understand the argument of intent, but not everytime it happens intentionally. I think the league and its fans are getting soft. Of all people I would think you would understand since you like to fight. Unless you are that guy who likes to pick on the smallest guy in the room because there is too much risk of injury to fight the biggest guy. Then YOUR arguement would make sense to me.
Let the players and coaches deliver the justice. htownbrown
********************************************************
baloney. It should be okay to let criminals shoot cops in the back, and not a crime with a big penalty, and just let the cops "handle it" ???
We've been to NASCAR races - you don't want to see a driver intentionally ram another driver head on. WTH??? It's about structured competition,
not some Roadrunner cartoon where Wiley Coyote gets to break all the rules outlandishly.
Life isn't a movie or a hockey game, where you can see all sorts of fake stuff, or see those hockey fights. Even in that, there are penalties in hockey.
Your rationalization doesn't work at all. Sorry.
There is nothing to rethink......they get paid (by me and you I might add) to take a risk everytime they are on the field. Do I like helmet to helmet hits......yes and no. Everyone that watches nascar wants to see a crash every now and then and this really is no different. Do I want people to get hurt? No. Alaskan fishermen, cops, boxers, gay lion trainers, rig workers, etc know that there is a chance they might not make it home everytime they go to work. But for them the money is worth the risk and they're not even paid a fraction of a football salary. If you are afraid to get hit in the helmet then you probably shouldn't be playing football. The equipment is lightyears better than it has ever been. As a matter of fact, they could go helmet to helmet on every play and not have half the risk to deal with as the professions I listed above. I understand the argument of intent, but not everytime it happens intentionally. I think the league and its fans are getting soft. Of all people I would think you would understand since you like to fight. Unless you are that guy who likes to pick on the smallest guy in the room because there is too much risk of injury to fight the biggest guy. Then YOUR arguement would make sense to me.
Let the players and coaches deliver the justice. htownbrown
********************************************************
baloney. It should be okay to let criminals shoot cops in the back, and not a crime with a big penalty, and just let the cops "handle it" ???
We've been to NASCAR races - you don't want to see a driver intentionally ram another driver head on. WTH??? It's about structured competition,
not some Roadrunner cartoon where Wiley Coyote gets to break all the rules outlandishly.
Life isn't a movie or a hockey game, where you can see all sorts of fake stuff, or see those hockey fights. Even in that, there are penalties in hockey.
Your rationalization doesn't work at all. Sorry.
No, no, no and no. So did you read the part where I said and I quote, "I understand the arguement of intent"????? I think it has ALWAYS been illegal to go on a brutal tirade. That was NEVER my point at all!!! Spearing and the like have ALWAYS been considered unnecesary roughness. And when something occurs that the other players don't like you better believe whoever becomes a target. ALWAYS has been and ALWAYS will be.
You are arguing intent and I UNDERSTAND that already!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login