Skip to content

Favorite TV/Radio Announcers for NFL

The Browns Board
42 24 2.3k
  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Our announcers this week are Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf! Yay no more Torry Holt. These guys are actually legit.

    Anyways, who is your favorite TV and Radio announcer for NFL?

    TV: Ian Eagle

    Radio: Jim Donovan

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I wish Chris Berman would commentate games, he's one guy I truely love listening to. Unfortunately its only been during pregame

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Don't really to much for the current T.V. announcers

    I like alot of the guys from the 80's

    Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen

    Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy

    Curt Gowdy

    Charlie Jones

    Gib Shanley

    Jim Mueller

    Nev Chandler

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #4

    gus johnson. nuff said.

  • BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I really enjoy listening to Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken

  • B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Gus Johnson...Period

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Does anyone even know what Ian Eagle sounds like!?!?!?!

  • Does anyone even know what Ian Eagle sounds like!?!?!?!

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Does anyone even know what Ian Eagle sounds like!?!?!?!

    I'm sure everyone here has heard him. He has been pretty constant over the last 10 or so years.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Does anyone even know what Ian Eagle sounds like!?!?!?!

    I'm sure everyone here has heard him. He has been pretty constant over the last 10 or so years.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @richiswhere said:

    I'm sure everyone here has heard him. He has been pretty constant over the last 10 or so years.

    he has an amazing play by play voice. y'all on crack ya here!

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Dick Enberg!

    Two of the worst!

    thumb.jpg

  • I really enjoy listening to Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken

    L LeBrent wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @brownsbacker said:

    I really enjoy listening to Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken

    I listen to them every week and I think Jim and Doug are great.

    The only thing that drives me crazy is when Donovan yells "It's intercepted and dropped!" Usually followed by Doug's "Ugh".

    We've dropped so many picks this year this happens about every week.

  • Don't really to much for the current T.V. announcers

    I like alot of the guys from the 80's

    Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen

    Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy

    Curt Gowdy

    Charlie Jones

    Gib Shanley

    Jim Mueller

    Nev Chandler

    WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @richiswhere said:

    Don't really to much for the current T.V. announcers

    I like alot of the guys from the 80's

    Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen

    Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy

    Curt Gowdy

    Charlie Jones

    Gib Shanley

    Jim Mueller

    Nev Chandler

    Ding ding ding.. this hits the nail on the head.. I LOVED listening to those guys.. It really isnt the same.

  • @richiswhere said:

    Don't really to much for the current T.V. announcers

    I like alot of the guys from the 80's

    Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen

    Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy

    Curt Gowdy

    Charlie Jones

    Gib Shanley

    Jim Mueller

    Nev Chandler

    Ding ding ding.. this hits the nail on the head.. I LOVED listening to those guys.. It really isnt the same.

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @wrrebel said:

    Ding ding ding.. this hits the nail on the head.. I LOVED listening to those guys.. It really isnt the same.

    How about Howard Cosell? 🙂

  • @wrrebel said:

    Ding ding ding.. this hits the nail on the head.. I LOVED listening to those guys.. It really isnt the same.

    How about Howard Cosell? 🙂

    WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @kshutchins said:

    How about Howard Cosell? 🙂

    Howard was great as well. That's the biggest thing I miss is the old announcers.

    One of the greatest pa announcers was bob sheppard.

    Now a days I almost feel like muting the tv..

  • I IschY wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I really like people that you can learn from. I really can't stand the Monday Night crew but sometimes listening to John Gruden talk is great. He will sometimes call a play before it happens and really gives an insight to the game even though he is some what annoying.

    I like Jim Nantz on whatever he is doing. To me he is probably the best overal announcer he does everything Golf, Tennis,

    Football, College Bball. Pretty amazing.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    My all-time favorite is Gib Shanley-he could truly paint the picture for each play. Curt Gowdy was great as well.

    As far as today's announcers, I actually like Collinsworth for NFL & Chris Spielman for college games.

    Wow guys...I absolutely hated Dick Enberg, he could never put down the pom-poms for John Elway. I'm not too fond of Dierdorf either.

  • halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Jim Donovan is awesome when the Browns are doing well.

    Any other time, you can hear the disappointment in his voice lol. He has to be my favorite announcer.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #18

    jim donovan is the perfect man for that job.

  • Dick Enberg!

    Two of the worst!

    thumb.jpg

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @wrrebel said:

    Dick Enberg!

    Two of the worst!

    thumb.jpg

    Joe Buck... nepotism at its best or worst however you want to look at it ... just sounds so bland

    Troy Aikman... could you please try and sound like you want to be there

    couple others i can't stand Matt Millen

    Matt Millen and Cris Collinsworth

  • My all-time favorite is Gib Shanley-he could truly paint the picture for each play. Curt Gowdy was great as well.

    As far as today's announcers, I actually like Collinsworth for NFL & Chris Spielman for college games.

    Wow guys...I absolutely hated Dick Enberg, he could never put down the pom-poms for John Elway. I'm not too fond of Dierdorf either.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @bob806 said:

    My all-time favorite is Gib Shanley-he could truly paint the picture for each play. Curt Gowdy was great as well.

    As far as today's announcers, I actually like Collinsworth for NFL & Chris Spielman for college games.

    Wow guys...I absolutely hated Dick Enberg, he could never put down the pom-poms for John Elway. I'm not too fond of Dierdorf either.

    Thank you! Someone with common sense! I was shocked to see all of the Enberg and Dierdorf love on this thread.. 2 of the worst commentators around. John Madden/ Pat Summerall was the best combo I have ever heard. Gus Johnson, Ian Eagle, and Dick Stockton are also pretty good..

    I also have to say that every CBS analyst on the NFL halftime show is terrible! They are all still biased towards their former teams: Cowher, Marino, Sharpe, and Esiason (the worst).. Of course 3 of them are from division rivals so that makes it 10 times worse.. On the other hand, the fox halftime show is great. Howie Long, Jimmie Johnson, and Strahan do a great job. Terry Bradshaw is actually bearable despite being a steeler homer, as he admittedly hates Rapelisburger and is embarrassed to be associated with the same team..