Skip to content

Browns/Bills Trivia

The Browns Board
18 6 1.3k
  • Here is this week's trivia on the Topic Browns vs. Bills:

    1. What is the all time head to head record, regular season,, between the Browns and this version of the Buffalo Bills?

    2. The Browns have won the last 3 meetings against the Bills. Within 3 points give the cumulative margin of victory in those 3 games?

    3. The Bills got their name in honor of the original Buffalo Bills franchise that played in the AAFC with the Browns. What was the Browns head to head record against that franchise. Note: they played 8 times.

    4. What current Browns player has an uncle that once was a star player for the Buffalo Bills?

    5. Who was the Buffalo Bills leading passer in 2005?

    6. The Bill leading passer in the 1985 season at some point was the starting QB on a Super Bowl losing team. His name was not Jim Kelly. What was his name?

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    8. Who was the Bills first round draft choice in 1970 and what is he otherwise famous for?

    9. Over the years the Bills have selected at least 6 Northeast Ohio natives with their First Round draft picks. Name as many as you can.

    10. Who am I?: I am 6'3" 251 lbs. A native of Brackenridge PA. I did not attend colleg. My team won the championship in 1964. I scored 6 TDs that year. Who am I?

  • Zombo said:

    Here is this week's trivia on the Topic Browns vs. Bills:

    1. What is the all time head to head record, regular season,, between the Browns and this version of the Buffalo Bills?

    11-10 Browns no

    2. The Browns have won the last 3 meetings against the Bills. Within 3 points give the cumulative margin of victory in those 3 games?

    14 pts. Badabing, you are within 3!

    3. The Bills got their name in honor of the original Buffalo Bills franchise that played in the AAFC with the Browns. What was the Browns head to head record against that franchise. Note: they played 8 times.

    8-0 no

    4. What current Browns player has an uncle that once was a star player for the Buffalo Bills?

    Mike Bell - Greg Bell? no, not that I know of

    5. Who was the Buffalo Bills leading passer in 2005?

    Kelly Holcomb check

    6. The Bill leading passer in the 1985 season at some point was the starting QB on a Super Bowl losing team. His name was not Jim Kelly. What was his name?

    Vince Ferragamo check

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    lived near stadium maybe, something more specific

    8. Who was the Bills first round draft choice in 1970 and what is he otherwise famous for?

    O.J. Simpson, Naked Gun 2 1/2 no

    9. Over the years the Bills have selected at least 6 Northeast Ohio natives with their First Round draft picks. Name as many as you can.

    Nate Clements, Donte whitner, Antoine Whitfield... Those are 3. Good. There are at least 3 more.

    10. Who am I?: I am 6'3" 251 lbs. A native of Brackenridge PA. I did not attend colleg. My team won the championship in 1964. I scored 6 TDs that year. Who am I?

    Cookie Gilchrist? check

  • 1. What is the all time head to head record, regular season,, between the Browns and this version of the Buffalo Bills?

    10-5 Regular Season (5-2 Home, 5-3 Away) ... 1-0 playoffs

    NOTE: I read my season ticket holders game notes this week.

    2. The Browns have won the last 3 meetings against the Bills. Within 3 points give the cumulative margin of victory in those 3 games?

    There was the ugly 8-0 game and the 6-3 game last year. I can't think of the other, but will go with Zippy's '14' ... that's got to be close.

    3. The Bills got their name in honor of the original Buffalo Bills franchise that played in the AAFC with the Browns. What was the Browns head to head record against that franchise. Note: they played 8 times.

    5-3?

    4. What current Browns player has an uncle that once was a star player for the Buffalo Bills?

    I don't know, but more importantly; Carlton Mitchell's Mother is the "cut-man" for boxer Antonio Tarvar.

    5. Who was the Buffalo Bills leading passer in 2005?

    Holcomb

    6. The Bill leading passer in the 1985 season at some point was the starting QB on a Super Bowl losing team. His name was not Jim Kelly. What was his name?

    I saw Zippy's anaswer and I think he is right, it was Fag-ram-a-mo.

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    I don't know but was invited to his youth baseball camp in a few weeks, I'll ask him.

    8. Who was the Bills first round draft choice in 1970 and what is he otherwise famous for?

    I don't know, but I believe OJ was drafted in 1969, so I'm hoping Zippy is wrong. I'll go with Joe DeLamielleure, but I'm not sure what he would be famous for outside of football.

    9. Over the years the Bills have selected at least 6 Northeast Ohio natives with their First Round draft picks. Name as many as you can.

    I think I got this (damn near all were Buckeyes, right?); Cousineau was orginally drafted by them and balked at the money and went to Canada? Donte Whitnner (OSU, Glenville boy), Lee Evans (Bedford High School/Wisconsin), Nate Clements (OSU), Antone Winfield (one of my favorite tackling CB's). Crap ... I thought I knew of six, but forgot one while typing. I'll go with another OSU SB Ashton Youbotty (but don't think he was a 1st rounder). How about Maybin (Penn, was he an ohio boy?), Bruce Smith?

    10. Who am I?: I am 6'3" 251 lbs. A native of Brackenridge PA. I did not attend colleg. My team won the championship in 1964. I scored 6 TDs that year. Who am I?

    I don't know, but 6'-3" and 251lbs was a pretty big boy back in 1964.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    Another interesting piece you somehow left out?

    What two teams won Professional American Football Championships in 1964?

    Yep.....the Bills and the Browns

    In a trivia quiz I usually tend to make the questions a little harder than that. But I appreciate your input. Here is a question along that line that is a little harder:

    From 1946-1949 and again from 1960 to 1965 there were dual "Professional American Football Champions" Name the dual champions in each year:

    1946

    1947

    1948

    1949

    1960

    1961

    1962

    1963

    1964

    1965

  • 1. What is the all time head to head record, regular season,, between the Browns and this version of the Buffalo Bills?

    10-5 Regular Season (5-2 Home, 5-3 Away) ... 1-0 playoffs

    NOTE: I read my season ticket holders game notes this week.

    2. The Browns have won the last 3 meetings against the Bills. Within 3 points give the cumulative margin of victory in those 3 games?

    There was the ugly 8-0 game and the 6-3 game last year. I can't think of the other, but will go with Zippy's '14' ... that's got to be close.

    3. The Bills got their name in honor of the original Buffalo Bills franchise that played in the AAFC with the Browns. What was the Browns head to head record against that franchise. Note: they played 8 times.

    5-3?

    4. What current Browns player has an uncle that once was a star player for the Buffalo Bills?

    I don't know, but more importantly; Carlton Mitchell's Mother is the "cut-man" for boxer Antonio Tarvar.

    5. Who was the Buffalo Bills leading passer in 2005?

    Holcomb

    6. The Bill leading passer in the 1985 season at some point was the starting QB on a Super Bowl losing team. His name was not Jim Kelly. What was his name?

    I saw Zippy's anaswer and I think he is right, it was Fag-ram-a-mo.

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    I don't know but was invited to his youth baseball camp in a few weeks, I'll ask him.

    8. Who was the Bills first round draft choice in 1970 and what is he otherwise famous for?

    I don't know, but I believe OJ was drafted in 1969, so I'm hoping Zippy is wrong. I'll go with Joe DeLamielleure, but I'm not sure what he would be famous for outside of football.

    9. Over the years the Bills have selected at least 6 Northeast Ohio natives with their First Round draft picks. Name as many as you can.

    I think I got this (damn near all were Buckeyes, right?); Cousineau was orginally drafted by them and balked at the money and went to Canada? Donte Whitnner (OSU, Glenville boy), Lee Evans (Bedford High School/Wisconsin), Nate Clements (OSU), Antone Winfield (one of my favorite tackling CB's). Crap ... I thought I knew of six, but forgot one while typing. I'll go with another OSU SB Ashton Youbotty (but don't think he was a 1st rounder). How about Maybin (Penn, was he an ohio boy?), Bruce Smith?

    10. Who am I?: I am 6'3" 251 lbs. A native of Brackenridge PA. I did not attend colleg. My team won the championship in 1964. I scored 6 TDs that year. Who am I?

    I don't know, but 6'-3" and 251lbs was a pretty big boy back in 1964.

    @atenears said:

    1. What is the all time head to head record, regular season,, between the Browns and this version of the Buffalo Bills?

    10-5 Regular Season (5-2 Home, 5-3 Away) ... 1-0 playoffs check

    NOTE: I read my season ticket holders game notes this week.

    2. The Browns have won the last 3 meetings against the Bills. Within 3 points give the cumulative margin of victory in those 3 games?

    There was the ugly 8-0 game and the 6-3 game last year. I can't think of the other, but will go with Zippy's '14' ... that's got to be close. good to go, check

    3. The Bills got their name in honor of the original Buffalo Bills franchise that played in the AAFC with the Browns. What was the Browns head to head record against that franchise. Note: they played 8 times.

    5-3? no

    4. What current Browns player has an uncle that once was a star player for the Buffalo Bills?

    I don't know, but more importantly; Carlton Mitchell's Mother is the "cut-man" for boxer Antonio Tarvar.

    5. Who was the Buffalo Bills leading passer in 2005?

    Holcomb check

    6. The Bill leading passer in the 1985 season at some point was the starting QB on a Super Bowl losing team. His name was not Jim Kelly. What was his name?

    I saw Zippy's anaswer and I think he is right, it was Fag-ram-a-mo. check

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    I don't know but was invited to his youth baseball camp in a few weeks, I'll ask him.

    8. Who was the Bills first round draft choice in 1970 and what is he otherwise famous for?

    I don't know, but I believe OJ was drafted in 1969, so I'm hoping Zippy is wrong. I'll go with Joe DeLamielleure, but I'm not sure what he would be famous for outside of football.

    no

    9. Over the years the Bills have selected at least 6 Northeast Ohio natives with their First Round draft picks. Name as many as you can.

    I think I got this (damn near all were Buckeyes, right?); Cousineau was orginally drafted by them and balked at the money and went to Canada? Donte Whitnner (OSU, Glenville boy), Lee Evans (Bedford High School/Wisconsin), Nate Clements (OSU), Antone Winfield (one of my favorite tackling CB's). Crap ... I thought I knew of six, but forgot one while typing. I'll go with another OSU SB Ashton Youbotty (but don't think he was a 1st rounder). How about Maybin (Penn, was he an ohio boy?), Bruce Smith?

    You got 5 of the 6 that I have.

    10. Who am I?: I am 6'3" 251 lbs. A native of Brackenridge PA. I did not attend colleg. My team won the championship in 1964. I scored 6 TDs that year. Who am I?

    I don't know, but 6'-3" and 251lbs was a pretty big boy back in 1964.

  • Zombo said:

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    lived near stadium maybe, something more specific

    Ball boy / equipment boy?

    Zombo

    No, not that I know of. It does not deal with him having worked for the team in any capacity.

  • Here is this week's trivia on the Topic Browns vs. Bills:

    1. What is the all time head to head record, regular season,, between the Browns and this version of the Buffalo Bills?

    2. The Browns have won the last 3 meetings against the Bills. Within 3 points give the cumulative margin of victory in those 3 games?

    3. The Bills got their name in honor of the original Buffalo Bills franchise that played in the AAFC with the Browns. What was the Browns head to head record against that franchise. Note: they played 8 times.

    4. What current Browns player has an uncle that once was a star player for the Buffalo Bills?

    5. Who was the Buffalo Bills leading passer in 2005?

    6. The Bill leading passer in the 1985 season at some point was the starting QB on a Super Bowl losing team. His name was not Jim Kelly. What was his name?

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    8. Who was the Bills first round draft choice in 1970 and what is he otherwise famous for?

    9. Over the years the Bills have selected at least 6 Northeast Ohio natives with their First Round draft picks. Name as many as you can.

    10. Who am I?: I am 6'3" 251 lbs. A native of Brackenridge PA. I did not attend colleg. My team won the championship in 1964. I scored 6 TDs that year. Who am I?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's trivia on the Topic Browns vs. Bills:

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    He played professionally in Buffalo as well?

  • 7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    He played professionally in Buffalo as well?

    Yes, that is part of it, but I was looking for something a little more specific. I admit this may kind of a bad question because I didn't know how to formulate it properly.

  • joshua cribbs is former bills joe cribbs nephew

  • I enjoy Browns Bills games!

  • joshua cribbs is former bills joe cribbs nephew

    @nw220 said:

    joshua cribbs is former bills joe cribbs nephew

    Check

  • Questions left to be answered:

    3. What was the Browns record vs. the AAFC Buffalo Bills

    7. What connection did Joe Charboneau have to the Bills (an admitted bad question)

    8. Who was the Bills first round pick in 1970 and what else is he know for

    9. There is at least 1 more NEOhio native who was a first round pick of the Bills: Here is a hint: he attended Highland HS (Medina).

  • Questions left to be answered:

    3. What was the Browns record vs. the AAFC Buffalo Bills

    If it's not 8-0 then let's try 7-1

    Not quite

    7. What connection did Joe Charboneau have to the Bills (an admitted bad question)

    Well I know he played minor league ball in Buffalo. Not sure about the Bills connection. Did they play in the same stadium? (I thought the baseball team played at War Memorial ... former home of the Bills).

    BadaBing. That's it. Check

    8. Who was the Bills first round pick in 1970 and what else is he know for

    If it's not O.J. then let's try Al Cowlings ... O.J.'s driver.

    Precisely.

    9. There is at least 1 more NEOhio native who was a first round pick of the Bills: Here is a hint: he attended Highland HS (Medina).

  • Here is this week's trivia on the Topic Browns vs. Bills:

    1. What is the all time head to head record, regular season,, between the Browns and this version of the Buffalo Bills?

    2. The Browns have won the last 3 meetings against the Bills. Within 3 points give the cumulative margin of victory in those 3 games?

    3. The Bills got their name in honor of the original Buffalo Bills franchise that played in the AAFC with the Browns. What was the Browns head to head record against that franchise. Note: they played 8 times.

    4. What current Browns player has an uncle that once was a star player for the Buffalo Bills?

    5. Who was the Buffalo Bills leading passer in 2005?

    6. The Bill leading passer in the 1985 season at some point was the starting QB on a Super Bowl losing team. His name was not Jim Kelly. What was his name?

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    8. Who was the Bills first round draft choice in 1970 and what is he otherwise famous for?

    9. Over the years the Bills have selected at least 6 Northeast Ohio natives with their First Round draft picks. Name as many as you can.

    10. Who am I?: I am 6'3" 251 lbs. A native of Brackenridge PA. I did not attend colleg. My team won the championship in 1964. I scored 6 TDs that year. Who am I?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's trivia on the Topic Browns vs. Bills:

    Now that nearly every question has been answered, I will give the complete list of correct answers:

    1. What is the all time head to head record, regular season,, between the Browns and this version of the Buffalo Bills?

    Browns lead the regular season with a 10-5 record, plus they are 1-0 in the playoffs

    2. The Browns have won the last 3 meetings against the Bills. Within 3 points give the cumulative margin of victory in those 3 games?

    The cumulative margin of victory in the last 3 games is 13 points. Browns have won 8-0, 29-27, and 6-3.

    3. The Bills got their name in honor of the original Buffalo Bills franchise that played in the AAFC with the Browns. What was the Browns head to head record against that franchise. Note: they played 8 times.

    The Browns won 6, lost 0, and 2 ties.

    4. What current Browns player has an uncle that once was a star player for the Buffalo Bills?

    Joe Cribbs who led the Bills in rushing in 4 different seasons in the 80s is Josh Cribbs' uncle.

    5. Who was the Buffalo Bills leading passer in 2005?

    Former Browns QB Kelly Holcomb

    6. The Bill leading passer in the 1985 season at some point was the starting QB on a Super Bowl losing team. His name was not Jim Kelly. What was his name?

    Vince Ferragamo who was the starting QB for the LA Rams in their 1979 season appearance in the Super Bowl where they lost to the Steelers.

    7. What loose connection did former Indian Super Joe Charboneau have with the Buffalo Bills?

    After his injuries Joe Charboneau was sent down to play minor league ball with the Indians Buffalo AAA affiliate who played their games at the time in old War Memorial Stadium which was the Bills home field from 1960 to 1972. While Super Joe was there he also appeared in a bit part in the movie "The Natural" starring Robert Redford that was being filmed at War Memorial Stadium. They used several of the Bisons players for bit parts in the movie where they played New York Knights.

    (which I still think is a damn good name for a team)

    8. Who was the Bills first round draft choice in 1970 and what is he otherwise famous for?

    It was Al Cowlings who was a USC teammate of OJs who was drafted first by the Bills the previous year. And it was Al Cowlings who was the driver during the famous White Bronco chase.

    9. Over the years the Bills have selected at least 6 Northeast Ohio natives with their First Round draft picks. Name as many as you can.

    Donte Whitner of Glenville and Ohio State

    Lee Evans of Sandusky and Wisconsin

    Nate Clements of Shaker Hts. and OSU

    Antoine Winfield of Akron Garfield and OSU

    Tom Cousineau of St. Eds and OSU

    Jim Ritcher of Medina Highland and North Carolina St.

    10. Who am I?: I am 6'3" 251 lbs. A native of Brackenridge PA. I did not attend colleg. My team won the championship in 1964. I scored 6 TDs that year. Who am I?

    Cookie Gilchrist.

  • Lee Evans was from Bedford High School, not Sandusky.

    I didn't know OJ had a Driver in the white Bronco chase, I thought he was driving.

    Good stuff, didn't know Cribbs had NFL blood.

  • Lee Evans was from Bedford High School, not Sandusky.

    I didn't know OJ had a Driver in the white Bronco chase, I thought he was driving.

    Good stuff, didn't know Cribbs had NFL blood.

    @atenears said:

    Lee Evans was from Bedford High School, not Sandusky.

    I didn't know OJ had a Driver in the white Bronco chase, I thought he was driving.

    Good stuff, didn't know Cribbs had NFL blood.

    OK, but Pro football reference had him being born in Sandusky. That is why I said Sandusky, though in the back of my mind I thought he was closer.

    And no, no. OJ was supposedly in the back seat of the Bronco during the chase with a gun to his head threatening suicide. It was definitely AC driving.

  • @atenears said:

    Lee Evans was from Bedford High School, not Sandusky.

    I didn't know OJ had a Driver in the white Bronco chase, I thought he was driving.

    Good stuff, didn't know Cribbs had NFL blood.

    OK, but Pro football reference had him being born in Sandusky. That is why I said Sandusky, though in the back of my mind I thought he was closer.

    And no, no. OJ was supposedly in the back seat of the Bronco during the chase with a gun to his head threatening suicide. It was definitely AC driving.

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, but Pro football reference had him being born in Sandusky. That is why I said Sandusky, though in the back of my mind I thought he was closer.

    And no, no. OJ was supposedly in the back seat of the Bronco during the chase with a gun to his head threatening suicide. It was definitely AC driving.

    great thread gipper I am glad Zombo knew the Cookie Gilchrest answer which was the hardest...............thanks again..........I knew all the answers but did not want to end the fun

    keep it up

  • Formerly Stone said:

    Another interesting piece you somehow left out?

    What two teams won Professional American Football Championships in 1964?

    Yep.....the Bills and the Browns

    In a trivia quiz I usually tend to make the questions a little harder than that. But I appreciate your input. Here is a question along that line that is a little harder:

    From 1946-1949 and again from 1960 to 1965 there were dual "Professional American Football Champions" Name the dual champions in each year:

    1946

    1947

    1948

    1949

    1960

    1961

    1962

    1963

    1964

    1965

    @the-gipper said:

    In a trivia quiz I usually tend to make the questions a little harder than that. But I appreciate your input. Here is a question along that line that is a little harder:

    No one gave a shot at this, so I will give the answers.

    From 1946-1949 and again from 1960 to 1965 there were dual "Professional American Football Champions" Name the dual champions in each year:

    1946 Browns and Bears

    1947 Browns and Cardinals

    1948 Browns and Eagles

    1949 Browns and Eagles

    1960 Eagles and Houston Oilers

    1961 Packers and Oilers

    1962 Packers and Dallas Texans nka Kansas City Chiefs.

    1963 Bears and San Diego Chargers

    1964 Browns and Bills

    1965 Packers and Bills