Fag-o-meter
-
I saw it this morning and started to click it 3-4 times on different posts trying to figure out what it was.
Can i take my thanks back?? I didn't really want to thank those people.

-
It's a waste of time. Now I have to go back into the cheerleader thread and leave about 200 "Thank yous"
-
Zombo said:
--Member No. 425? I keep losing ground everytime you switch formats.
You're right Beanpot ..... (let's "kill" whiners)
-
Sweet! This has the makings of your worst idea ever!
Seriously, I find the love of post counts to be silly and question anyone who cares about such a thing. Now we're going to add strength of post?
My favorite baseball board (and Bernie's - IIRC) tried this and the end result was pretty awful. It only accented hierarchy and curbed growth.
If someone takes the time to hammer out a decent post, a few people may acknowledge it with a reply. If someone takes the time to - dunno - act like Rich, a few more people will take the time to call him an idiot.
After a bit of reading, most people know who to take seriously and who to ignore.
What you don't want to do, IMO, is cause decent posters to feel as if they're not wanted by the minimal number of "THANKS" they may receive. I'd put this idea to bed ASAP, Stan.
I get where you're coming from, but I'd make two points in response:
- Sure, it's possible that some posters will get upset because they haven't gotten enough thank you's. However, I think it's far more likely that the 5 star rating system that's already installed would cause that to happen. What's worse: not being told thank you or having multiple people give you a one-star rating?
If anything, the occasional Thank You could be a morale boost for a poster who thinks his posts are getting ignored.
- And if it does turn negative, the Thank You count can always be scrapped. The mod that was installed actually lets you hide those numbers while still allowing people to leave a Thank You message after an insightful post. At the very least, that aspect of the mod deserves a place on this board.
When WPB, kshutchins, or dencyguy writes a long weekly post, there should be some way for board members to express their appreciation for the great stuff they put together. The Thanks button is an easy & effective way of doing that.
Aloysius said:
Sure, it's possible that some posters will get upset because they haven't gotten enough thank you's. However, I think it's far more likely that the 5 star rating system that's already installed would cause that to happen. What's worse: not being told thank you or having multiple people give you a one-star rating?Wait, there's a rating system already in play? That's worse...that right there! Seriously, I had no idea such a thing was already in existence.
If anything, the occasional Thank You could be a morale boost for a poster who thinks his posts are getting ignored.
Sure, but what if that lonely poster doesn't receive a Thank You from you soulless a-holes? He's outta here and never to be heard from again. I know I would be so gone if people didn't recognize my brilliance.
When WPB, kshutchins, or dencyguy writes a long weekly post, there should be some way for board members to express their appreciation for the great stuff they put together.
On a message board? There's exactly a way for people to do just that. It's built in, even!
I know what you mean Alo and I'm backing off the crusade ever since I noticed 7 (SEVEN!) people have given me thanks for some reason or another.
Stan, don't you dare do away with this feature.
Beanpot
- Sure, it's possible that some posters will get upset because they haven't gotten enough thank you's. However, I think it's far more likely that the 5 star rating system that's already installed would cause that to happen. What's worse: not being told thank you or having multiple people give you a one-star rating?
-
Something's wrong with this thing it won't let me thank myself.

-
mz. said:
There ya go.Thank you for thanking me when I couldn't thank myself.
-
Where does Brady Quinn rank on the fag-o-meter?
http://jellydonut.files.wordpress.com/2007...uinn_crotch.jpg
-
@inspecta said:
Nowhere near as high as Kordell Stewart....Who?
-
Shouldn't there be a "No Thanks" Fag-O-Meter also? There are way more opportunities for that than any thanks button.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login